Pullstart

Big Big Winch

Pullstart

So, a while back when it was still warm out maybe 5-6 weeks ago, I helped my mother bring home a waverunner, trailer and shorestation lift.  The P.O. had re-strung the lift with new 1/4” galvanized cable.  He gave me the rest of the spool, me not knowing what I’d need it for.  A few weeks back, I found this big winch at a roadside junk shop way up north on the Tunnel of Trees.  Well, if I put the two together, I should be able to pull any tractor up to the top of Norman’s deck, right?

The winch has two different spots to hook the handle, giving two gear reduction possibilities.  It seems very heavy duty and I grabbed it for just less than a song.  There’s even a brake handle on it!  I need to live it up a bit to allow free spooling though.

40140BA1-29E5-4FA5-8284-02B5FAE4EF8B.jpeg

AC203DA8-FC8C-4EB8-BA04-44F2CAA7B97F.jpeg

03F7ACEA-BEFD-4F94-8CE5-EA8F7D8CAA3C.jpeg

30D1D833-ACD4-44AF-8299-9714E1ADDF39.jpeg

E709930A-274D-4628-A4B2-3E813669EF56.jpeg

• Like 6

bottjernat1

Way to use the ol noggin. I don't blame you i need to do something on my trailer. I just found out my belly hernia is back my doctor finally admitted i am right and something is wrong. So making it easier for me to work on my toys is top priority lately. I had surgery in 2011 double hernia i have had issues ever since. I keep lifting when i shouldn't. I cant help it my late dad was stubborn and so am I. My wife yells at me. LOL I honestly need a loader on my d series or my restored jd 400. That would be the best. LOL

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I agree, the FEL is amazing for work, but it probably wouldn’t help to load a tractor :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pullstart

My Niece helped me unwind this thing today.  Luckily she only landed on her tush one time!  Me, none!  The rope snapped, glad I didn’t trust it to try loading a rig!

C03FE497-8178-49B4-8CBF-E668EE53604A.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

JAinVA

Kev,

Using a winch to load Norman is safer than trying to drive the horse up a ramp Just make sure no one is at the base of the ramp just in case.

• Thanks 1

WHX??

I still vote for the toy hauler. Drop the door drive them in, close the door. I never even tie them down except for RJ's. 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

I still vote for the toy hauler. Drop the door drive them in, close the door. I never even tie them down except for RJ's. 

Come to find out the “lightest in the industry” we found is light because corners get cut.  We are on the hunt for something similar to ours now... but with a 13’ garage!

Pullstart

I spooled the cable yesterday.  About 30’ or so.  I think running tractors up a ramp was the main part of my sleep time last night!

I also grabbed a few items from the hardware store to aid in hooking the cable to a tractor.  

BFDEC308-06FF-4958-BC9F-BF8467463C14.jpeg

• Excellent 1

WHX??
On 10/15/2020 at 7:30 AM, pullstart said:

Come to find out the “lightest in the industry” we found is light because corners get cut.  We are on the hunt for something similar to ours now... but with a 13’ garage!

We'll have a good chat about them next weekend. :beer:

• Excellent 1