• Like 2

Pullstart
On 9/5/2020 at 6:27 AM, Tractorhead said:

Cool dash

Cool Everything!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

Very cool looking dozer, I can only imagine what that looked like new! Who made it? 

bc.gold
40 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Very cool looking dozer, I can only imagine what that looked like new! Who made it? 

Alice Chalmers made a series of HD crawlers the 7 has the 3/71 screaming Jimmy.

The neighbour the CEO of Sperling Industries two years ago had a stroke, he recently handed over the reins of his company to his eldest son.

This hobby farm was the jewel in his cap, Buffalo and Elk, the animals have been sold off and most of the land holdings have changed hands. Russ and Lynne kept the parcel that has the new house they built about fours years ago.

Whenever I'm visiting his wife always places me at the table next to Russ, one time she served salmon from a guided fishing expedition Russ had gone on, as were eating the fish i looked over at Russ asking, and how much a pound did this cost ya.

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 2

bc.gold

One of my neighbours ( Greg ) purchased the HD7 for 1K Canadian which would run you fellas south of the 49th about $800.00 US.

Engine is not seized, sprockets and rollers have been replaced and the track pins are in excellent condition and have never been turned.

PO wants it removed from his property before years end.

bc.gold

The HD7W is a WWII left over, built in 1943, during the second world war there were a lot of military training camps in Manitoba , one of my dump finds. A flame thrower nick named the life buoy because of its shape.

I've also found a bunch of old airplane frames pushed into a brush pile, one neighbour had a complete RCA radio transceiver which was part of the lend lease program.

So it's of little surprise to have this war relic show up, I've located and downloaded the technical manuals published by  the War Department.

43.png

Edited by bcgold

AMC RULES

Hopefully someone will be there to document it's moving to another site.

WHNJ701
10 hours ago, bcgold said:

The HD7W is a WWII left over, built in 1943, during the second world war there were a lot of military training camps in Manitoba , one of my dump finds. A flame thrower nick named the life buoy because of its shape.

I've also found a bunch of old airplane frames pushed into a brush pile, one neighbour had a complete RCA radio transceiver which was part of the lend lease program.

So it's of little surprise to have this war relic show up, I've located and downloaded the technical manuals published by  the War Department.

43.png

Any pics on the airframe's

bc.gold
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

Any pics on the airframe's

The air frames just a bunch of welded tubes, bent out of shape with the skins removed, hardly recognizable as airplanes, these were pushed ito a brush pile over near Birnie Manitoba were we previously lived.

Some guy near Erickson MB has a radial engine hanging at the foot of his driveway, next time I'm over that way will take pictures, but don't hold your breath as it's some distance from my current location.

From the Sandy Lake landfill I've found odds n sods of aircraft instrumentation and a couple of tachometer generators., temperature and ammeter gauges. The latter were sold on fleabay years ago.

The British style flamethrower was one of my best dump finds, sold for an unbelievable $3500.00 US and the buyer paid my PP incoming fee.

bc.gold

To further qualify this HD7-W as being military equipment the serial and model tag from the engine,

3-71-RCE which would have designated Royal Canadian Engineers.

engineers.png

Edited by bcgold

bc.gold

There's also an old International TD6 in the weeds not far from my home. I'm thinking this machine might also be a WWII veteran, tomorrow when I make my landfill trip will take a few pictures.

The original T-6 and the TD-6 diesel were in production from 1940-56.

bc.gold
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Hopefully someone will be there to document it's moving to another site.

Greg is as dumb as a rock ,totally lacking in personality, if you wanna talk drugs and booze he's yer man. As you may have gathered any documentation from me will be from afar.

bc.gold

I would lay odds  that our HD7W was used at the WWII German POW camp and has since not ventured far from home as you can see from the map Horod where the cat now resides is not far from Whitewater.

Whitewater was a labour camp for German prisoners-of-war in Riding Mountain National Park, Manitoba. Operating from 1943 to 1945, the camp was built on the northeast shore of Whitewater Lake, approximately 300 kilometres (190 mi) north-west of Winnipeg. The camp consisted of fifteen buildings and housed 440 to 450 prisoners of war.

From Horod the HD7W will be relocated to Elphinstone, bottom image.

Camp-Merged.jpg

pow-camp.png

walk.png

Edited by bcgold

bc.gold

The International turns out to be a TD9, the serial number puts its birth date late 1940's

The TD crawler engine used an electric starter, the engine first fired and ran on gasoline until it warmed up enough for the operator to switch over to diesel fuel.

td3.png

td1.jpg

td2.jpg

td4.jpg

td5.jpg

td6.jpg

Edited by bcgold

bc.gold

We now know why the HD7-W was parked, the distribution manifold for the hydraulics also contains the spool valve that lifts and lowers the blade.

At some point a careless operator backed into something very solid and broke the casting, the part had been welded with regular type welding rod and the weld let go.

Welding cast iron is an art  that most people have trouble mastering.

spool-valve.png

Edited by bcgold

bc.gold

Used tank, control valve and hydraulic pump - $750.00, the sales rep. hesitated shipping to Canada said it was too much hassle with the paper work.

Told him not to worry about the paper as I would get in touch with my customs broker to arrange shipping and customs. I've used htis broker several times and have never had a face to face everything done via email and pdf files.

Greg gets to lean how to use his multi purpose printer.

bc.gold
On 9/22/2020 at 3:59 PM, bcgold said:

Used tank, control valve and hydraulic pump - $750.00, the sales rep. hesitated shipping to Canada said it was too much hassle with the paper work.

Told him not to worry about the paper as I would get in touch with my customs broker to arrange shipping and customs. I've used htis broker several times and have never had a face to face everything done via email and pdf files.

Greg gets to lean how to use his multi purpose printer.

The Customs Broker prepares the bill of lading and arranges logistics while in transit to its foreign destination travels under seal.

The vendor has given me his banking SWIFT which is used for international money transfers, with this number  our bank is able to deposit funds to the account associated to that SWIFT.

A trailer or container in transit under seal is not subject to customs inspection.

CUSTOMS SEALS

January 16, 2017

A physical seal placed on an intermodal container or other conveyance and/or compartment by Customs authorities. Breaking this seal other than with the approval of Customs is a violation of law, and may subject the carrier to significant fines. In the context of administrative and public affairs activities by the U.S. Customs & Border Protection Service, this term may also refer to the official emblem of the Customs Service which appears on Customs publications, letterhead and other documents, and may be used in connection with official proceedings of the Customs Service.

PERSONAL-ONE-TIME.png

attachment-1.png

seal.png

Edited by bcgold

bc.gold

With the history behind this WWII machine, I think if Greg started a gofundme campaign he would receive sufficient funds to restore the HD7-W.

WHNJ701
1 hour ago, bcgold said:

With the history behind this WWII machine, I think if Greg started a gofundme campaign he would receive sufficient funds to restore the HD7-W.

Go fund me!!!!?  Read your post #13

bc.gold
40 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Go fund me!!!!?  Read your post #13

Key word was ( if ) .

This morning gave Greg the paper with the Zimmerman Tractors Swift, he goes to the bank from there he phones me saying there's missing information and the bank is unable to do the wire.

It's not just Greg this seems to be the norm. the Zimmerman bank's phone number is at the bottom of the page i had printed out, how hard can it get. The Manitoba banks picks up the phone and calls the USA ban central Canada is on the same time zone.

Why bother me with this crap, I've done my part, I'll have to charge extra for baby sitting.

A few years back i had taken a check in to be cashed, $6000.00, teller feeds the bills through a bill counter, comes over to her wicket then counts the bills once again. I trust the machine, just give me the cash and I'm outta here.

Eventually I find my way home, coming through the door first thing Pat asks is to see my wallet, bank had phoned her explaining they gave me $2000.00 over the draft.

Pat counts the money and sure enough there's $8000.00, the bank was in a panic, Pat instructed them to replace the over payment from her account then grabbed two large from my wallet.

Welcome to rural Manitoba, the only Canadian province with a one room school house mentality.

No truer words ever spoken the apple don't fall far from the tree.

bc.gold

Greg and his mechanic were making smoke from the Detroit diesel, not getting enough fuel to run. new fuel lines and filter replacements are on their list of todo's

He had new hydraulic hose's made up.

Purchase HD7-W $1000.00

Hydraulic Pump    $750.00 US

Hydraulic hose's    $980.00

Two new 6 volt battery's $145.00 each

Needs a seat and most of the track pads  are loose so new cat grade bolts will have to be ordered.

The $5000.00 set aside for this project just may get the machine home.

bc.gold

Missed moment, after sitting fifty years to the elements the HD7W made smoke and moved under her own power. Tomorrow she hitches a ride on a low bed into Elphinstone.

I'll try to be there to Videograph the loading.

Two of the injector racks were stuck and had to be freed up, the main clutch fine and steering clutches were  bit sticky but improved with the move from the field to the home site.

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 2

bc.gold

The HD7W walk around, decent oil pressure, injector on number one cylinder slobbers fuel by the quart but after sitting for 50 years not to shabby.

The Detroit diesels are easy to work on and parts were made by the millions perhaps in the billions which kept the cost down. There's a decent injection shop in Brandon that does good work at decent prices.

I rebuilt the injectors for a Mitsubishi Pajero and had the Brandon shop set the pop off pressure for me, decent guy to work with.

spacer.png

Edited by bcgold
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701

Cool stuff!