bottjernat1

Loss of a job!

Renrag

Sorry havent figured out quote yet with my phone

• Like 1

bottjernat1

Well I just found out today from the head turd that they need me to stay till December 23. I don't know weather this is a blessing or what to think. I figured if i said no they would screw me out of the severance package. They may still hard to tell. Well this gives me more time to figure out stuff i guess. 

Tractorhead
5 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

Well I just found out today from the head turd that they need me to stay till December 23. I don't know weather this is a blessing or what to think. I figured if i said no they would screw me out of the severance package. They may still hard to tell. Well this gives me more time to figure out stuff i guess. 

Hey Nathan,

as long as they don’t try to screw on the salary down, i would take that time,

hey -  it‘s payed time and you know the job and even have more time to search for another Job.

It is here even better if you like to change, when you be active in Business, think that‘s the same on your site.

Even this year‘s christmas gift‘s are Safe with that Option.

If you find before another or even better Job offer you have the finger on the Trigger.

As it sounds to me, you have accepted the situation, but annoyed about it.

Throw away your fear and hesitations, use that winning time for yourself.

i would try to deal with them, maybe for an additional external Job Training they shall pay for as „ little Benefit“ for that situation,

because on Christmas time it’s harder to find a new Job.

That would be my offer to them. Actually you have nothing to loose as you stated, 

if you can stay at this Job - cool do it and try to deal with them.

There must be a reason, they like you have to stay.

Business is not a care for Workers, try to deal with them.

Soooo, they need time until December 23 - huh.

My impression and own experiences about that situation you told, for me they wanna try or Change something to Webbased,

but actually there seems few problems, so they like to have you as Backup until it run‘s or the Problems are solved.

Use that time, use that offer, it destresses your Situation massive.

• Like 1

bottjernat1

Just wanted to update!! Well I had an interview with the head boss I don't like at all. It was for a job within the company at our digital plant down the road. I should have an answer from him by Friday or early next week. Me and the wife are going to have a heart to heart talk. My heart wants to not start over at a new job somewhere else. But my gut is telling me it is time to move on. This new company that just bought my work (https://www.atlasholdingsllc.com/) I see there stocks (https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AFH/) and I don't have faith in them either. I also bet they wont honor years of service. So I may go down there and take a small pay cut lose my severance money and maybe lose the job down there if the new company decides to close them down. Lots to think about! :sad-pacing:

steelman

Just reading your post and wanted to let you know that Nucor is building a new facility in Waterloo,IN. They have three other plants near you. I worked for Nucor for 38 years and they truly care about their employees! Go to Nucor.com and check them out. This new plant is under construction but I’m sure the hiring process will begin shortly. Maybe not the line of work you are accustomed to but you will never be laid off again. PM me if you would like more info. I’m not too far away from you. 

• Like 2

bottjernat1

:sad-pacing:Well this is my last full week of work! So sad to see the building i have worked in for so long be quite and hardly anybody in it. I sure do miss the folks i have worked with over the years! I am so glad to have worked with and made some awesome friends along the way. I am super nervous about the next chapter in my families life. I pray God will give me the strength to move on and do good for me and my family. This sucks i was so hoping to have a job for life. Where ever i go I am planning on staying! I want to be a lifer! If you treat me right i will be loyal!

• Sad 5

lynnmor

Good luck!

I do think that you should be more flexible as far as long term jobs, things change all the time and you need to bend with the wind.  

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Hey Nathan,

the time when you're start a job and do this until you’re retired is also long passed here.

You can be lucky if you can keep your job at least a several years.

Life is changing quick this times, but it has also it‘s advantages.

I know how sad it can be, 

if you work long time for a Company they firstly grows, than be captured and destroyed by the new owner.

That‘s a hard Cut, but it give us also the ability to regrow.

20years ago i would not nearly imagine that i would say or even write this lines once upon a time.

Keep your head up high Buddy,

Life have another interesting Job for you, i be sure.

go give it a chance to find you.

• Like 2

Handy Don
9 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

i was so hoping to have a job for life

You do have a job for life. To be the best person you are capable of being at any given time for yourself and the people you care about. This is NOT easy. What sort of other, temporary job you have can vary. Your concern for your family tells me you are on the right track.

If it helps, consider that letting you go was just another mistake that company made.

I'll echo @Tractorhead in that the first time I lost a job I was desperate. After three times, and finding a new job after each time, my daughter shared that she'd learned an important lesson from watching me through all this--she called me resilient and hoped she would be. Let the people around you help you--they want to be givers but you must be willing to receive.

Keep the faith and keep on keeping on.

• Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

RandyLittrell

Good luck in your next job which I am sure is right around the corner! 

Randy

• Heart 1

bottjernat1

Welp last day today! I will be out on the streets as of 1pm today! LOL I pray that God will help me find a new adventure in life! I dont mean to make it rich just be comfortable! I am super nervous but excited! I want to thank all for listening to me blabber. I know a lot of folks think this is no biggie. But to me this is a big deal I have had a lot of loss since my dad took his life in 2016. this is just another thing to deal with. Sometimes i feel God is pushing my limits. But I always stop and think to myself there is always someone else out there in way worse shape. Every thanks again and have a very Merry Christmas!!

IMG_20201205_134933568.jpg.3f380e69c256395472bfa0c2b81f5e3a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

DennisThornton

Son of a gun!  What a Christmas present!  If I was running that company I would have done everything possible to not let anybody go until after the holidays!  I know today's BIG corps don't have feelings but they DO have reputations!

I gather there are openings in retail, construction and hopefully others.  Hoping you will find a good one soon!  Smile, keep smiling and you'll get through this somehow.  Best of luck to ya!

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

bottjernat1
6 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Son of a gun!  What a Christmas present!  If I was running that company I would have done everything possible to not let anybody go until after the holidays!  I know today's BIG corps don't have feelings but they DO have reputations!

I gather there are openings in retail, construction and hopefully others.  Hoping you will find a good one soon!  Smile, keep smiling and you'll get through this somehow.  Best of luck to ya!

I agree they should have waited. The company got bought out and neither has a good reputation. So the other plant by the one i work at will not last either. I have my name and resume on a site called indeed.com I have been getting around 20 emails a day for jobs in my area. So i am going to take some time off and collect myself then jump back into it. Because I am not a person to just sit around forever. One thing i learned from my late dad. Work ethic!

• Like 2

formariz

Hang in there. Keep looking, keep busy, keep talking, stay positive. Hope nothing but the best for you.

• Heart 1

DennisThornton
7 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

I agree they should have waited. The company got bought out and neither has a good reputation. So the other plant by the one i work at will not last either. I have my name and resume on a site called indeed.com I have been getting around 20 emails a day for jobs in my area. So i am going to take some time off and collect myself then jump back into it. Because I am not a person to just sit around forever. One thing i learned from my late dad. Work ethic!

Hard for me to think that if they could keep you until the 23rd that they couldn't until after the 25th after 17 yrs service!  Slimebags!  There's a job in the collection of emails.  Take some time and pick a good one with a good company!

Happy Holidays!

• Like 2

bottjernat1
39 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Hard for me to think that if they could keep you until the 23rd that they couldn't until after the 25th after 17 yrs service!  Slimebags!  There's a job in the collection of emails.  Take some time and pick a good one with a good company!

Happy Holidays!

Funny story They let the lady i worked with go before me. She worked here over 30 years. But she had such a bad attitude and nobody could get along with her. I did kiss butt to get where i got. I just worked hard and did my thing. I made alot of friends over the years and lost a few friends too.

• Like 1

Handy Don

I hope you are allocating some time each day to reading those emails carefully. They are telling you what sort of openings are in the market and in what industries. This will be a big help to you as you decide what you want to do and in what sort of industry. You'll also get a sense of the strength of the demand, how close it is to the skills you have, and, importantly, any gaps where the demand is for skills you may want to acquire.

This next paragraph is a bit preachy. Skip if you wish!

Some of the best advice I ever got was to treat a job search like a job. Set yourself a schedule. Keep up with the rest of your life. When you are done for the day, be done for the day! One of my searches took months and in the middle I forced myself to go on vacation--a camping trip with my son. We both still talk about and treasure the memories of that trip.

You can do it.

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

ohiofarmer

I hope that this is not too preachy as well.   With the way the world is now, it may be a great time to do some housecleaning on what you post on the internet.   losing  a job and career you loved is something that  is not fun, but unfortunately, your next employer may look at you and spy on your internet activity to make sure that you are just a great person and a real positive guy and are grateful that you had a great experience working for your former employer.   With no regrets.

Of course it is kind of silly, They just want to make sure you will be kind and pleasant and easy to manage as their new employee.   We will be pullin for ya.

• Like 1

bottjernat1
On 12/23/2020 at 6:48 PM, ohiofarmer said:

I hope that this is not too preachy as well.   With the way the world is now, it may be a great time to do some housecleaning on what you post on the internet.   losing  a job and career you loved is something that  is not fun, but unfortunately, your next employer may look at you and spy on your internet activity to make sure that you are just a great person and a real positive guy and are grateful that you had a great experience working for your former employer.   With no regrets.

Of course it is kind of silly, They just want to make sure you will be kind and pleasant and easy to manage as their new employee.   We will be pullin for ya.

I agree stay positive. I will not blow up about my old work place till i am at a new place of business and i have gotten my whole severance check.

• Like 1

bottjernat1

Well wanted to update I did take a job with samson exhaust in avilla. but the pay was really poor and it was repetitive work i am use to doing 20 things at once and i have trouble staying focused when doing the same thing a million times.  SO I left that place and I had a job offer with the old cooper tire in auburn. It is a shipping receiving job and a lot better pay an benefits. The place got bought out and was expanding during covid. https://continentaltire.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7YyCBhD_ARIsALkj54q2tWiWvC8x2mVjwLvfSD3GRpXiCrfJCCZBYSW6nTJAPkKty6IpFX0aAjbsEALw_wcB  Now all I am waiting on is the specifics! Fingers crossed

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

19richie66

Good luck with the search. I know it is rough out there but something will come your way. 👍