jp_vikings

1964? Lawn Ranger

jp_vikings

I have what I believe is a 1964 Lawn Ranger. 

I'm wondering how rare they are and wondering what it is worth in the original condition it is in now.

May possibly restore it when I catch up on all my other projects. 

Thank you!

20200726_160915.jpg

• Like 4

jp_vikings

20200726_160909.jpg

20200726_160900.jpg

• Like 3

Pullstart

:text-welcomewave: @jp_vikings!  May I suggest you do a mechanical resto and find another hood to finish it off?  A little elbow grease and you might find you like the look of the original machine all shined up :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

that's probably not the original motor , but someone replaced it with a the same type Tecumseh...maybe a H60 or H50?    i'm thinking that the motor came from a snow blower with that small output shaft driven by the camshaft. hood is toast. does the motor turn over?   does it roll? is the deck rusted out?

• Thanks 1

rjg854

:WRS: @jp_vikings you've come to a great place for opinions. Just look at member list and you'll get an idea just how many opinions we have  :laughing-rolling: 

We love :banana-gotpics: and any questions you may have.

• Thanks 1

jp_vikings

It is not the original engine. Engine turns over and deck is not rusted out.

Thank you

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Thanks 1

71_Bronco

I may be wrong, but I am thinking '64 as well.

I just paid $200 for my '62 Lawn Ranger, and it came with a plow and deck. Seller claimed it runs, but I haven't put gas in it to confirm yet. Mine also doesn't have the original engine either.

20200716_191957.jpg.0022076a2407ddcf86475ffbaa7f32dd.jpg

20200716_192007.jpg.6f6beacb232f53dd36b7b92d2cd7c22a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

jp_vikings

Nice find. Thank you 

953 nut

:WRS:

We all have a love for :wh: and will help you along with your project. If you are god at body work the hood shouldn't be a big problem. I wouldn't pay more than $ 100 for it because you will need to replace the right rear tire, get the engine running ( $? ) and do a bit of body work on the hood and left side cover. 

scWHhauler

Put a Briggs on clean up and let her feed.

WHNJ701
18 hours ago, 305 said:

hood is toast.

that hood can be easily fixed and it looks solid, a day in the shop is all it needs,  round hoods are getting harder and harder to find.  even partial sections have value.

• Thanks 1

Renrag

Where are you guys finding these so cheap there running $6-800 easily here for rough ones

jp_vikings

That's what I thought 

953 nut
4 hours ago, Renrag said:

Where are you guys finding these so cheap there running $6-800 easily here for rough ones

Midwest states like MI, IL, IN, OH, WI and MN have a bunch of them. We live in a Wheel Horse Desert here in NC.

Renrag

Hell around here nobody wants to even sell the used parts

what are you going to do with it?

jp_vikings

I will eventually fix it up when I'm not as busy as I currently am right now.

It might be 2-3 years before I get to it.

Hopefully I can find the parts I need for it.

I have a friend that can help me salvage the hood.