ArturHawk

Rear Tach-a-matic Too Wide

ArturHawk

Hello again! I just can't stop bugging y'all with my problems so here I am again.

I got a second rear tach-a-matic so I could use multiple implements at once by switching seats, not attachments (one horse for each attachment, right?). It was a pain to get on because the two sides are connected by a bar. Once everything was ready and good to go, I went to put on my rototiller...and the tach-a-matic is too wide.

It looks to be a wheel horse part. Did they make wider versions at some point? I can't decide if I want to cut the connecting bar off and use it without or sell it and buy a different unit. Thoughts?20200723_002602.jpg.1eb52d0acda66699ba75d8cfa6d4c068.jpg

• Confused 1

bottjernat1

To my knowledge most of the brackets are the same. That is why the wheelhorse was so popular. But i may be wrong. I havent ran across different brackets. I carry about 6 or 7 of that style bracket. How wide are the tires? 

ArturHawk

Tires are 23x10.50-12. I took the bracket off and held it up to the tiller, two snow plows, and a snowblower and it was too wide for all of them...

The Tuul Crib

The brackets you have does not look like the normal bracket. Perhaps it was fabricated by someone. Here's a picture of the one I have on my 414.

01494C47-ABC0-45E0-8B2A-FF333DB41F22.jpeg

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Looks like an early version that mounts ahead of the rear axle.

Dozer DNA of short tractor frame dozer blades

1961 model BD-4271 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle - replaced by

1962 model BD-4262 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1963 model BD-4263 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1964 model BD-4264 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1965-1966 model BD-4264A - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1967 model BD-4267 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

1968 model 6-2111 - Fits SHORT frame tractors - Mounts ahead of the rear axle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1968 model 6-4111 - First to fit LONG & SHORT frame tractors and first to mount under the rear axle

Garry

• Like 1

squonk

Yes you have the bracket to fit the older short frame plows and the like. I just went thru this on my 857. Read this. it mentions the brackets.

• Like 1

ArturHawk

Well, now it all makes sense. I'd hate to destroy an item that has already survived over 50 years to work on my machine, so I guess i'll sell it and buy the right now. At least now I know what I'm looking for.

I read the post that @squonk posted above...My second plow (that I haven't tried to mount) has the extension brackets on it like this one.

imageproxy.jpg.902aba131491ddf905e411446541ded1.jpg

What was the purpose of adding the extension? Will it cause problems when mounted to either a Raider 10 or C-120?

squonk
20 minutes ago, ArturHawk said:

Well, now it all makes sense. I'd hate to destroy an item that has already survived over 50 years to work on my machine, so I guess i'll sell it and buy the right now. At least now I know what I'm looking for.

I read the post that @squonk posted above...My second plow (that I haven't tried to mount) has the extension brackets on it like this one.

imageproxy.jpg.902aba131491ddf905e411446541ded1.jpg

What was the purpose of adding the extension? Will it cause problems when mounted to either a Raider 10 or C-120?

That extension is for the 520 with swept axle. Take it off

8ntruck

You sure that the bracket is mounted on the axle correctly?  Looks like the mounting bolts are horizontal.  I'm thinking that they need to be vertical - at least the ones on my 14 no name are.

RandyLittrell

Could be a GT-14 bracket the way it mounts to the axle.

Randy

SylvanLakeWH

Yup old style. Have one on my C105 that PO put on. Modified the front blade to fit and I use it on three drives every winter since 2015,,. works great!

5C35F61D-41C5-452D-AB59-4936ECD2EDFF.jpeg

• Like 1

Bow_Extreme

That's most likely the GT14/C195/D Series Bracket and yes, they are 15" wide.