Redneckdavis

New to Wheelhorse

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti:

bottjernat1

:text-welcomewave: 

Achto

:WRS: That looks like a perfect candidate for a resto mod. That :wh: round hood puller looks awesome!!

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:T😎:rs:

I  really like the wheels and tires on

the back o that puller!!

• Like 2

Redneckdavis

Thanks. I haven't pulled it yet but it was too of it's class so I hear. .also guy said it's a 1959? I don't know how much is original but it's definitely still Wheelhorse frame, steering, and rear end. 

On the rusty one. It says c81. I have the flat one piece rear fenders. Before I go and round fender, tricycle front, and whatever else to it, that's not a particularly sought after model or anything right? 

And where do you get parts for a Wheelhorse? Cubs have all kinds of aftermarket company's

Redneckdavis

The wheels and tires on the puller are identical to my blue tractor. Those have just been cut that far.

And also a better pic of the c81. Those wheels are off my finish mower, just what I had laying around

58073.jpeg

KIMG0473.JPG

• Like 3

RandyLittrell
2 hours ago, Redneckdavis said:

Thanks. I haven't pulled it yet but it was too of it's class so I hear. .also guy said it's a 1959? I don't know how much is original but it's definitely still Wheelhorse frame, steering, and rear end. 

On the rusty one. It says c81. I have the flat one piece rear fenders. Before I go and round fender, tricycle front, and whatever else to it, that's not a particularly sought after model or anything right? 

And where do you get parts for a Wheelhorse? Cubs have all kinds of aftermarket company's

It's newer that 59 for sure, early 60's is my guess. The experts will come along and help there. 

The C-81 is nothing special and would be perfect for a restomod candidate!! 

And welcome!! :text-welcomeconfetti:

Randy

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:         The puller looks like a 1064 Model 854, looks great.              Check out this section of Red Square.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/48-pullers/

Redneckdavis

Thanks. Does indeed look like a 854 on the Google's. Curious as to why mine has a 4 lug rear tho, but sheet metal matches. 

C81 restomod, check! I'll make a build thread when I start working on it. 

So if I need WH parts or diagrams in the future, where to?

RandyLittrell
5 minutes ago, Redneckdavis said:

Thanks. Does indeed look like a 854 on the Google's. Curious as to why mine has a 4 lug rear tho, but sheet metal matches. 

C81 restomod, check! I'll make a build thread when I start working on it. 

So if I need WH parts or diagrams in the future, where to?

Hubs are easy to change so lots happens in over 50 years. 

We have all the manuals right here on the site, just scroll down the page a bit. 

Randy

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Parts sources are good too.

Advertise here on the site.

Fleabays.

Use our own vendors such as Lincoln at A to Z Tractor in PA. 

McMaster Carr is great for "standard parts". 

Retired Wrencher

Redneckdavis  :WRS: you will find good people and  good info here.

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @Redneckdavis!  Pretty soon, you’ll be picking up a Cub to pop the Kohler engine in the Wheel Horses you’re addicted to! :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

Redneckdavis

2 hours ago, pullstart said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: @Redneckdavis!  Pretty soon, you’ll be picking up a Cub to pop the Kohler engine in the Wheel Horses you’re addicted to! :teasing-poke:

I could see that. What else to do with k series while I'm shoving a air cooled VW motor or Harley twin into that cub frame ;) Driveshaft just seems to make sense for heavy duty pulling.

But for something that doesn't get abused, belt drive sounds easier to deal with and modify. I'm thinking my rusty c81 will make a great tricycle. 

And man, I love that design on the WH steering. Never seen that before. 

Pullstart

You’ll be amazed what a good belt will pull without slipping :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

You’ll be amazed what a good belt will pull without slipping :handgestures-thumbupright:

That's quite true Davis.

Don't let that belt scare you one tiny little bit.

Rust free smooth pulleys and good spring tension. Keys to Performance.

With a properly set up Wheelhorse a 5/8 belt will transfer more power than you can ever get to stick to the ground.

Redneckdavis

I am definitely looking forward to testing that. And I am pretty sure I've gave up that idea of stealing the engine for my cub. But as much as you guys hate it, I'm I'm not giving up on the cub, I'll just find a different engine and run it also:) 

I did pick up a 16hp stock Kohler in my package deal. It is no good for.pulling (just big enough to put you into the rock bottom of the next class) but it will drive the cub around so I don't get any crazy ideas. 

13 hours ago, pullstart said:

Pullstart

I don’t hate Cubs, I’m just not as familiar with them and it’s fun to jab a rib once in a while.  You’re in the midst of a group of ladies and gentlemen who just plain have a great time becoming great friends all because of a common interest of old garden tractors.  It takes all brands (even Deeres :teasing-poke:) to build strength in design and performance along the way and this era of the 50’s-70’s when there was so much innovation is just fun to explore... plus these are still a fairly a cheap hobby in a roundabout way!

• Excellent 3

Redneckdavis

Lol. Pullstart That wasn't personal. I couldn't delete you off the post after accidentally quoting you.

Oh I know about the rivals, even as die hard Ford as I am, there's a Corvair for sale in my front yard bc it was just cool. And in addition to my 2 big Ford tractors I'm in the process of acquiring a JD A model. But I grew up on a Farmall H. 

I'm trying to get away from cars and trucks and swap to tractors. I'm up to 2 antique pickups, bronco, and a firetruck. I just restored a Ford 960 tricycle. 

But one step cheaper, smaller, and easier I've gotten into GTs. 

I have my favorites, but I love anything with an engine.

• Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Redneckdavis said:

I love anything with an engine.

Lol just be careful Redneck... you know what they say...... if it involves women or motors its gonna give ya problems! :D

• Thanks 1