WheelHorseNut

1973 GT14 Rebuild Project

953 nut
10 hours ago, WheelHorseNut said:

Excellent -- I am sure I will be in need of some things.  It's funny, I keep putting shiny new bits on this tractor and the rest is looking shabbier and shabbier haha!  I may do what I have to do with it (move some dirt) and take her out of commission to get to the restoration... everything is starting to look like I'm putting lipstick on a pig :D

Just noticed today that my fuel shutoff is leaking like a sieve and dumped most of my TruFuel into my lawn... I was looking at this valve as a replacement:

spacer.png

It's about $30 and looks pretty close to the one that's on there.  Anyone else have a direct replacement they've used?  I've searched but couldn't quite find anything.  I have some of those black plastic ones with the red knob... I can probably swap that in a pinch until I get a replacement.

Lowell @wheelhorseman can fix you up for about $ 16 plus shipping.    https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product-category/fuel/

WheelHorseNut
8 hours ago, WHMan2012 said:

LMAO, oh I get it., that's why I try not paint too much or use new stuff on an older build, because before you know it, it's 50 / 50 and now you feel like you should paint it. Then you start to feel like you're in over your head on what should've been a simple fun project / restoration build. I have my original fuel shut off, never used it but it moves freely . Yours if you want it, send me a PM and I'll get it in the mail for you no charge.

Haha -- totally... that's how it happens.  I'm already starting to feel that way.

Thanks so much!  I appreciate it.  I will DM you soon.

WheelHorseNut

Got the gauge in and mocked it up, reinstalled it and did a quick hookup to the battery just to see if it works, and it does.  What do you think?  Not bad for a temporary fix.

Gauge InstalledFinal.jpg

• Excellent 2

WHMan2012

I went ahead and cleaned her up and ran it through my ultrasonic cleaner, then blew it off and sprayed it down with WD-40. Like I said I'll send it to you and if it doesn't work you ain't out nothing but a few minutes time. Just let me know, thanks !

FullSizeR (1).jpg

WheelHorseNut
On 10/18/2023 at 5:02 PM, WHMan2012 said:

I went ahead and cleaned her up and ran it through my ultrasonic cleaner, then blew it off and sprayed it down with WD-40. Like I said I'll send it to you and if it doesn't work you ain't out nothing but a few minutes time. Just let me know, thanks !

FullSizeR (1).jpg

Hey!  Sorry I've been crazy busy the last 2 weeks.  Thanks so much for doing that -- looks great!  I would love to pick that up from you!  I'll DM you and I can send you a USPS label for it.

Thanks so much!