ebinmaine

What are we all doing this holiday weekend?

ebinmaine

Nothing out of the ordinary for Trina and me.

Might hike. Weather dependent.

Likely work on tractors or painting the house. Maybe get some firewood.

What are you all up to?

• Like 2

rjg854

Not much Eric, staying home, probably work on the tractors, stay out of the sun, and really hot part of the day. And just enjoy these 4 days off with the little lady.  Then it will be back to building houses.

• Like 3

Pullstart

We are gearing up to move the camper 4 miles up the road to my inlaw’s place.  Grandpa who owns the field next door has lake front property in front of their house and the whole family cousins and all are setting up camp at the lake for the first time ever.  Sunday we’ll get up, eat breakfast, change some gear around and haul ourselves down to TX for a quick truck wrangling.  

• Like 2

Pullstart

If anything goes wrong Dan, I’ll take care of Radpferd for ya!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

We head for the beach house on  Sat. for a week of crabbing and fishing on the Delaware Bay.    Our two sons, their wives, and four grandsons will be there  Monday thru Friday.

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

bottjernat1

I am DJ Beard Man for the holiday weekend!! LOL I am the DJ for my wife's niece's wedding. Like I have said before I am a jack of all trades master of none. I love my tractors and I love music! I have had a passion for music since i was a kid. I was in the foster care system for years and bounced around from home to home so music was my escape form everything around me. I dont have anything fancy im using my laptop with 300 gb of music and either my tv surround sound or a 80 watt Bluetooth speaker that i just bought. It pumps out some serious sound. I dj'd my old friends wedding a couple years ago I used my tv surround sound and it was outdoors in the woods. It was super loud and everyone was gettin down. 

80 wt.JPG

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Racinbob

We've been digging up an excessive amount of plants next to the house, regrading with the proper slope and putting in what will end up being about three yards of river rock. We've been chipping away at it a few days now but only get in a few hours of morning work then wimp out after that. It isn't Florida heat but it's a bit much for our antique bodies. Word is that we may set a record for consecutive 90+ days for this area. Dew points are skyrocketing this weekend as well adding to the issue. :eek:

Temps.jpg.e3cf0a0ba6a27ae43be24adbfa3f3564.jpg

• Like 1

Stormin

Not a holiday for us in the UK, but some of the covid restrictions are being lifted. I'm staying home and away from all the tourists that will be arriving up here.

• Like 2

Tractorhead

Not a holiday here either,

but i will celebrate it by cutting the Hedge..😎

until i wait for my new Horse.. 👍

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Dan.gerous

Will be up all night Friday/Saturday, then get dressed up as a fireman in the morning and do some drills, then knock off for three hours for some much needed sleep before loading the ship and sailing. Not the best weekend!

• Sad 1

Dan.gerous

I'm too lazy to post a new topic, cylinder head coming up or if the engine room - almost a weekend job.

IMG_20200703_150729.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

I'm too lazy to post a new topic, cylinder head coming up or if the engine room - almost a weekend job.

IMG_20200703_150729.jpg

No need to post new.

This fits perfectly.

:handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

Pullstart
13 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

IMG_20200703_150729.jpg

With boats that large, do you repair stuff like that at sea with other engines running, or are you docked for that?

• Like 1

WHNJ701
On 7/2/2020 at 5:57 AM, ebinmaine said:

Weather dependent.

Likely work on tractors or painting the house.

same plans, started on the case 220 refresh/minor resto.  my house is all ready for paint, but weather is going to push that off, at this point might wait to paint in September 

• Like 3

Dan.gerous
20 minutes ago, pullstart said:

With boats that large, do you repair stuff like that at sea with other engines running, or are you docked for that?

We have four main engines so can take one out of service during our quiet week. From Sunday we have to call into Orkney which means we need all four engines running flat out to keep our timetable.

You can do repairs at sea, and if you are mid Atlantic there would be no choice, but it gets dangerous with massive objects swinging about so we tend to try and do that sort of job while alongside.

We spend 11 hours a day in port and just sail overnight so have the luxury of plenty of down time.

• Like 3

Achto

@Dan.gerous That is a big cylinder head!! How many liters is that engine??

• Like 1

Achto

I thought that I would share a few pics from our holiday weekend.

We kind of decided to let Sophi be our guide for the weekend, so I'll start with a picture of her in her favorite spot in the boat. Up on the bow showing the way & watching for danger.:thumbs2: She has enough experience in the boat to know when it is safe to take up this spot, in rough water or as soon as she hears the engine start she will move to the lowest level of the boat. It was really hot out so she also got dunked in the water a time or two.:lol:

IMG_20200704_161313853_HDR-min.jpg.cc38d9eda4d9513f49ad33812c805752.jpg

I'm not a big fan of raking the lawn, but I am a huge fan of raking the lake.:D Here is our spread of 6 lines trolling at about 1.7mph. I can comfortably run 9 lines in my boat but unfortunately Sophi does not count as a licensed fisherman.:(

IMG_20200703_123417033-min.jpg.e5dc4bc62392a0e26535590801627d51.jpg

Being a gentleman I let my wife Gretel take the first strike, her reward was a fair sized white bass.

IMG_20200703_135402731-min.jpg.f2c00a1d71cfc7f2bb55c09632cdb067.jpg

Gretel also brought in the nicest catch, stupid phone camera decided that the moment was not worth capturing. :angry-teeth: I noticed this fact later and took a pic before I cleaned the fish up. A 19" walleye, on the high end of the slot limit for the lake that we were on.

IMG_20200703_173828141-min.jpg.4932b537fd5e0dae7059bce3ec082f40.jpg

Sophi is pretty good at following along on a walk with out a leash. When we went for early evening walk she insisted that we follow her for a bit. She took us to the beach & sat down as to say "check this out Mom & Dad":)

IMG_20200704_203806231-min.jpg.ff4564ad04a945202241058bab1e1093.jpg

She lead us to a really great view to end the day.

IMG_20200704_203728072_HDR-min.jpg.3d3736a5573ebb0c785649b25d44c59a.jpg

We had a great weekend. Sorry @pullstart, things went well so Radpferd still has a home.:D The worst thing that happened was a loss of balance by Gretel resulting in me having a hook buried in my thumb and nothing strong enough in the boat to cut the barb off of the hook.:wacko: We each put 3 more fish in the boat before she insisted that we go in and get the lure out of my thumb.:lol:

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

JPWH

My wife and I went to visit grandkids and had lunch with a few friends.

132.jpeg.32e15ee33ce8cf1d057462ddf35f1e3b.jpeg

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 5

Dan.gerous
5 hours ago, Achto said:

Will find out for you....

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
6 hours ago, Achto said:

I think it's about 540 litres, wouldn't want to pay the fuel bill when we have all four screaming at top revs!

• Like 3

Achto
4 hours ago, Dan.gerous said:

I think it's about 540 litres, wouldn't want to pay the fuel bill when we have all four screaming at top revs!

Now that's a big engine!! The largest engine that I get to play with is 65.4L in a 2,000kw generator. These engines burn about 568 liters of diesel per hour while under full load. Can't imagine the fuel consumption on a 540L engine.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Dan.gerous
5 hours ago, Achto said:

Now that's a big engine!! The largest engine that I get to play with is 65.4L in a 2,000kw generator. These engines burn about 568 liters of diesel per hour while under full load. Can't imagine the fuel consumption on a 540L engine.

That was about the same consumption as the wind farm crew transfer vessels I was engineer on. They had a pair of 1000kw MWM main engines driving water jets. We had tiny fuel tanks so we're endlessly refueling them and had the big plastic IBC's on the deck for extra capacity - horrible machines.

• Like 1