Jhook

New member here

Jhook

New here, Well i bought a new toy and as always theres a forum for it, earlier this week i picked up this 2007 315-8 with 130ish hours on the clock and i am very very pleased with the size and power of this thing. Seller seemed honest and very knowledgeable so i jumped on it and i think i paid a fair price. Rides like a Cadillac compared to my current home depot mower. Hopefully going to find a plow and grader blade at least in the near future. 

20200624_072936.jpg

• Like 5

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Originally from N Central Mass myself.

Nice looking machine.

The more you use it the more you'll like and appreciate it.

Jhook
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Originally from N Central Mass myself.

Nice looking machine.

The more you use it the more you'll like and appreciate it.

Still in mass? And absolutely i had no idea the amount of attachments there are and what these things were capable of. Where my 4x4 honda rancher 350cc would struggle pulling my jetski up my very steep hill, this 2wd tractor chugs right along with 1000 pounds behind it. 

ebinmaine

I'm in southern Maine now.

Been almost 20 years.

We have 4 horses we use on a regular basis.

I often pull 1000 pounds or even more.

These are VERY capable machines.

roadapples

Just remember brakes aren't as good as power. Watch going down hill pulling a load.... And welcome to Red Square....

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: @Jhook to :rs:  Nice looking tractor you picked up.  I'm betting you're going to be very happy with that one.

• Like 1

D_Mac

Welcome to Red Square. I suggest you start cleaning out your garage to make room for your next one. Wont be long before your looking for your second one !! Hard to stop at just owning one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

953 nut
9 hours ago, Jhook said:

Rides like a Cadillac compared to my current home depot mower.

:WRS:

:text-yeahthat:               You will also get ten times the service from a :wh: as compared to the big box store junk. You can place an ad here for the snow plow. https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/?do=form&d=2

peter lena

jhook, looks like a terrific pick up on that ,with little hours. the rear discharge deck on that will also be easier to regularly clean out and maintain , a plow blade should not be hard to find, and if you want to, a  snow blower will also fit. i can understand your amazement on its power , but you should also get familiar with its  LOW RANGE GEARING for ease of attachment  function and also slow ground engagement control. if nothing else , give that paint a quick rub down with penetrating oil on a soft cloth, to clean off the crud and to feed the finish with protectant , to preserve what you have , you can wax it later . look forward to your progress  , keep us informed , welcome to the site , pete

Jhook

pete, im most interested in a 50 inch grader blade but cant find one. previous owner had said he already tried to buff the machine back to original condition. But its just too far gone. Luckily i have a good friend that does awesome paint work and owes me a paintjob.  I just need to see about getting new decals cause i would prefer to keep it all original. Might have to get some made. Also i just looked at the machine and i noticed it has a light on the dash "reverse mowing selected" any idea the procedure for mowing backwards? If i recall i mowed the other day and the pto turned off when i put it in reverse 

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:       I can't help with the reverse mowing interlock.    All my tractors are 30-40 years old and don't have this safety feature.

You can search our manuals section for your operators manual that should answer your questions.

One of our vendors @Vinylguy makes the decals that you need.         

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

Jhook
5 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:       I can't help with the reverse mowing interlock.    All my tractors are 30-40 years old and don't have this safety feature.

You can search our manuals section for your operators manual that should answer your questions.

One of our vendors @Vinylguy makes the decals that you need.         

Perfect. Looks like im going to be tearing this down for paint sooner than expected. Will shoot him a message on here. It really just needs the hood and rear fenders done. And it looks like the fenders take some major work to remove. Im not looking to have a restoration done on it. Its only 13 years old. Its going to get worked hard i just want it to look nice. May just get it painted as it sits and tape off everything