Buzz

Runaway Horse

Buzz

Apparently God watches out for old fools. I was towing my landscape trailer around the yard today and stopped to get off. As I swung my foot over the gear shift my shoe lace got caught on it and pulled it into high gear. Tractor took off like a shot and I fell flat on my back knocking the wind out of me. Luckily I remembered that I had a trailer attached and rolled out of the way. I got to my feet and took off hobbling after it. Well by the time I caught up it had driven all the way through Carol's wildflower garden, breaking her favorite lily, and was climbing over an azalea bush. I went and told Carol and she called Toni and Craig and they came over with friends and got everything out of the garden. Nothing broken, no cuts, but I will be black and blue tomorrow. And sore. Pictures show Son in law and friend unhooking trailer so they can get the Horse out of the bushes.

20200531_184515.jpg

20200531_171950.jpg

• Sad 17

Pullstart

Glad you’re still with us to tell the story @Buzz!  

• Like 6

rmaynard

Holy cow Buzz. Sounds like you are trying to reenact an episode of The Infamous Back Flipping Commando 8, that aired right here on June 24, 2014. 

All kidding aside, that can be very scary. I'm glad you are okay.

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

Wow, as bad as that was, I'm glad  it wasn't  a different ending.    

• Like 3

Mickwhitt

Goodness!  Shows that these things are not toys. They have some serious grunt under the hood.

Glad you are not injured badly, a few bruises to show for a very unfortunate accident.

Take care

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Ouch!

Glad all turned out well...

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Ouch, glad to hear you’re not hurt that strong.

ok, few bumps and bruises will happen, but they are nothing,

they will remember you on the luck, you have with that.

i like to wear shoe lace free shoewear,

especially on my Tractors.

• Like 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, Buzz said:

God watches out for old fools.

:text-yeahthat:           The hand of God has lifted me from some serious situations too, Glad you weren't badly injured.

• Like 1

pacer

Yikes!!

Of course thats why they started adding the seat safety switches, but dang it I HATE those things and I have to say I bypass them......

squonk

Glad your ok Buzz! :greetings-clappingorange:

Another positive is that it's a good thing that hill is there. Otherwise you still might be chasing it and we'd see it on the news! :bow-blue:

bottjernat1

Your a lucky man! Glad your alive!:auto-layrubber:

Buzz
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Glad your ok Buzz! :greetings-clappingorange:

Another positive is that it's a good thing that hill is there. Otherwise you still might be chasing it and we'd see it on the news! :bow-blue:

Wasn't a hill, it was climbing over an azalea bush when I caught up to it. If I hadn't caught it it would have wiped out the outhouse from the farm I grew up on.

Edited by Buzz

stevasaurus

WOW!!  Buzz, you are very lucky.  Glad you escaped what could have been a lot worse.  :bow-blue:

dcrage

Glad you are OK Buzz!  I pulled a  similar stunt back in 2016, rolling my new to me 418-A will mowing and the seat switch NOT functioning. I had a similar thought process to yours as I was jumping off. Something along the lines of the mower is going, get away!  I also survived, thank goodness. 

Jennifer

Super glad your OK besides the bruising to body and pride!  Well Buzz I don't want to highjack your post but wanted to share another similar trailer runaway!  Husband was using the 854 to pull small trailer around to pick up junk.  He has been clearing and cleaning his Dad's timber.  Well as it would end up Praise God he wasn't on it.  The area he was is a bit of a hill and as he was loading something in the trailer the trailer began to push the tractor.  He got in front of it..( Not the smartest thing he has done ) to try and stop it.  He didn't get in stopped as it kept pushing him and tractor so he had to make a decision.  He called the kids and they came out hooked the truck to the back of trailer to keep it from pushing and they got tractor rescued.  Pictures look bad but the ground was soft so only a scratch or two and the hitch was hurt!  P.S. He has been using the sickle we bought from you its wonderful!  Thanks again!

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Edited by Jennifer
  • Sad 6

bottjernat1
5 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Well Buzz I don't want to highjack your post but wanted to share another similar trailer runaway!  Husband was using the 854 to pull small trailer around to pick up junk.  He has been clearing and cleanig his Dad's timber.  Well as it would end up Praise God he wasn't on it.  The area he was is a bit of a hill and as he was loading something in the trailer the trailer began to push the tractor.  He got in front of it..( Not the smartest thing he has done ) to try and stop it.  He didn't get in stopped as it kept pushing him and tractor so he had to make a decision.  He called the kids and they came out hooked the truck to the back of trailer to keep it from pushing and they got tractor rescued.  Pictures look bad but the ground was soft so only a scratch or two and the hitch was hurt!

Looks like he was very very lucky as well! Holy Moly!

• Thanks 1

CCW

You might be safe from the tractor and trailer, but are you safe from a dope slap from you wife?   :lol:

• Haha 3

formariz

Just saw this . I am glad you are ok. Very lucky you were. Things like that can happen very quickly. 

WHX??

Just saw this too... same thing happened to me once. Shoe lace on the shifter. Luckily the tractor was just idling and I was able to recover quickly. Had to happen right in front of the missus tho! :wacko:

• Haha 3

prondzy
22 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Just saw this too... same thing happened to me once. Shoe lace on the shifter. Luckily the tractor was just idling and I was able to recover quickly. Had to happen right in front of the missus tho! :wacko:

Oh come on Jim we know you cant tie yer shoes!:ychain:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
37 minutes ago, prondzy said:

Oh come on Jim we know you cant tie yer shoes!:ychain:

My wife dresses me funny...:lol:

• Haha 2