ranger

3 point hitch / Roper 38" tiller.

littleredrider

That's pretty slick!!! I'm trying to build a 3 point as well, but I have the luxury of having no gas tank back there. 520 with a 10 horse diesel. I think I have it figured out, but need to find some steel and bust out the welder....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, littleredrider said:

That's pretty slick!!! I'm trying to build a 3 point as well, but I have the luxury of having no gas tank back there. 520 with a 10 horse diesel. I think I have it figured out, but need to find some steel and bust out the welder....

:banana-gotpics:

• Like 1

ranger
58 minutes ago, pullstart said:

:banana-gotpics:

Sorry, The only pics I took were the ones after it was installed for testing, there are a couple or so other ones on M O M. This was built as an experiment, no plans etc, just put together as I went along, all materials, apart from winch, lift arms nuts & bolts etc came from the scrap metal skip where I worked before I retired. I will take some more when I remove it for finishing.

• Thanks 2

Pullstart
30 minutes ago, ranger said:

Sorry, The only pics I took were the ones after it was installed for testing, there are a couple or so other ones on M O M. This was built as an experiment, no plans etc, just put together as I went along, all materials, apart from winch, lift arms nuts & bolts etc came from the scrap metal skip where I worked before I retired. I will take some more when I remove it for finishing.

Thanks for your explanation, I was hoping to see pictures of @littleredrider’s project :handgestures-thumbupright:

littleredrider

Don't have any ATM. I bought a 3 point hitch off marketplace for $100. Guy said it was for a Kubota compact, but was too small. It's actually a cat 1, but I can modify it for a 0, or prolly just leave it, and swap the lower link ends to a 0. But I have a plow mount off something, it's too wide for a standard plow, but I can use it for the lower link mounts. Issue I'm having now is the upper arm mounts, and the lift. I took the gas tank out, which opens up LOTS of room, but if I can move the trans filter, would give me even more. After dinner I can take a pic of what I got. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
On 5/25/2020 at 9:58 AM, ranger said:

The winch system seems to work ok on testing with the tiller, which weighs around 250 lbs

Beautiful craftsmanship and elegant design--thanks for sharing the pictures.

With that much weight hanging out the back (and bouncing around!) you may want to reinforce the connection between the transmission and the front frame. Can't recall the handle of the person, but they posted some nice shots of how they did it.

• Like 2

ranger
7 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Beautiful craftsmanship and elegant design--thanks for sharing the pictures.

With that much weight hanging out the back (and bouncing around!) you may want to reinforce the connection between the transmission and the front frame. Can't recall the handle of the person, but they posted some nice shots of how they did it.

Thanks for the compliments. It does concern me about the weight, so I try not to bounce about, the ag tyres don’t help either with the ride. The channel I used to mount the linkage to just so happens to be the same width as the Wheelhorse frame, but 10mm thickness. 

I have a few offcuts long enough to fabricate a new “Chassis” if I had to. If I did that, it would probably have mountings built in for an F.E.L,  + the 3 point mount under the transmission also part of the main chassis, but that’s another possible project for the future!

Digger 66
On 5/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, littleredrider said:

That's pretty slick!!!

^^  No kiddin' ! 

NICE WORK :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

TJ5208

That's really nice

• Like 1