peter lena

install electric fuel pump

peter lena

recently installed an electric fuel pump on my c-85- 12 magnum horse. did not like the flimsy areas to mount , creating a noisy pump. used a  UNI STRUT BRACKET. for very solid mount on frame next to clutch pedal. pump is just about silent on this solid bracket. rerouted new fuel lines , and hooked up electric power thru a RELAY SWITCH  behind dash . did a number of  running adjustments , and improvements at all points . works very well , glad i did it .  pete

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

• Like 1

pfrederi

After all that effort I hope that pump lasts longer than a similar one I had.

• Like 1

squonk

I like the electric pumps. Put a plate where the old pump mounted. No more oil leaks No pump next to a hot muffler. 

• Like 4

FBaggshorses

Thanks again Peter Lena 

Was extremely helpful!

• Like 1

FBaggshorses

Question for Peter Lena concerning electric fuel pump install on my C-120.

I've set up Facet pump just as you did basically in the same area using  a uni- strut bracket and also ran a pressure regulator with a gage at the same level of the carb.

I've got a 4 pin relay wired up however I'm not sure where to pull the power from. Was thinking of tying in to the start/ run wire on the ignition switch. Was just wondering where you typed in?

midpack

I tapped into the lighting circuit when I did my C-175, it's on in start and run with key. I added a blade fuse too IIRC

• Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, FBaggshorses said:

I'm not sure where to pull the power from.

You can attach the fuel pump wire to the "A" terminal on the ignition switch with a fuse in line to protect the wiring or splice into the wire going to the light switch as @midpack suggested. You don't need a relay, the power consumption is very low.

• Like 1

peter lena

fbaggshorses, used the lighting circuit , with a blade fuse , initially  i looked around on this site , for ideas , then made that work for me , pete    

FBaggshorses

Hey well thanks alot for the info guys it's greatly appreciated.

This is the first time back to the forum in awhile as I've been so busy between going to work and  yard work .  I ended up tying into the run wire to the ignition and did run a relay , a inline fuse and also ran a fuel regulator with a pressure gage as well and it all work out great! I turn they to the run position, let the pump run a few seconds, turn to start and she fires  up with no hesitation whatever. 

The first time I started it the carb was running erratic , govenor was hunting and pressure gage was reading around 2.5 PSI. Had to turn the pressure regulator down to almost  .5 PSI  and re-adjust the carb to get her to smooth out.

She fires right up and runs great.

Was just wondering how you guys can run these pumps without regulating the fuel coming from these pumps? Regardless and again I certainly appreciate everyone's input. Thanks

FBaggshorses

I'm still new to the site and if I can figure  out how  I'll post some pictures. I've tried to post pics before without luck.