Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

pics of my 64 ford

stevasaurus

it finally got nice enough to get the ford out...now I can start on the tractors.

thought I would share some pics.

2008_0507drawings0003.jpg

2008_0507drawings0004.jpg

2008_0507drawings0005.jpg

2008_0507drawings0006.jpg

2008_0507drawings0007.jpg

2008_0507drawings0009.jpg

the engine is a 223 cu. rebuilt from Jasper in Indiana. The original got a hole in the block when a lifter broke. Three speed on the tree. Hope you enjoy. :omg:

T-Mo

Steve,

Nice looking car. I wouldn't mind having a mid-60's mopar unit myself, even if it's a 225 slant six.

TJ

Nice car. :omg:

taycotrains

Nice Car !!!

That is the last of the "good ones" that Ford produced between

49 through 64.

BT

KyBlue

Very Nice!

Deere Hunter

Sweet car. :omg: Ya dont see to many of them in a 2dr sedan. But I am partial to the big Ford's myself. Hope ya dont mind me postin a pic of my 63 here also.

63galaxie.jpg

taycotrains

Nice machine Wayne !!!

I have been driving for 31 years...and never owned a car except for this one (always had pickups)

I had it for 4 years but I had to sell to buy my current house...

IMHO "the ugliest Ford ever created"...but she rode like a Lincoln !

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p103/taycotrains/2708.jpg

BT

Suburban 550

Steve and Wayne, Great lookin' pair of Fords. :omg:

Deere Hunter

IMHO "the ugliest Ford ever created"...but she rode like a Lincoln !

I wouldnt say that is ugly at all. That is back when cars had style and you knew what make and model they were.

Duff

I wouldnt say that is ugly at all. That is back when cars had style and you knew what make and model they were.

Amen on that, brother! Amen! :omg:

Duff :drool:

stevasaurus

thanks guys...

wow what a nice 63...wayne!!! does that have the 390 in it, which came out in 1964?

BT...that car is beautiful to me, I am going to guess at the year here 1958?

bet you wish you still had it.

mine was bought by my grandfather new...I learned how to jam the gears on it in 1965.(3 on the tree).I was 15. My dad got it when my grandfather passed away, and he drove it for about 10 years. He put it in the shed and it sat for 10 to 12 years and when he passed away I got it. I spent about 3 years getting it running again...and it runs sweet now...my mom still likes going for a ride in it. We meet alot of people and it turns heads.

I think I have a bolt on bumper hitch and would like to pull one of my 1962 round hoods to the show in michigan in August with the ford. I think it would make an excellent picture. How about INA-GODDA-DA-VIDA playing on the radio? :omg:

Nick

All the cars look great. :omg: Just wish I had one of them. :drool:

Before the PA show changed dates it was the same weekend as the ford nationals up the road at Carlisle. Now the show is the GM weekend. http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/gm-nationals/

taycotrains

BT...that car is beautiful to me, I am going to guess at the year here 1958?

bet you wish you still had it.

Yes it is a 1958 Fairlane. 292 V8 2 speed fordomatic....I miss it sometimes but I am glad we have the house....it took a few years but my wife let me replace it with this 56 F-100 flatbed.

I am more of a truck guy...as long as its a Ford !

P1050328.jpg

linen beige

thanks guys...

wow what a nice 63...wayne!!! does that have the 390 in it, which came out in 1964?

All those old Fords are sharp guys! My kinda rides. I kind of liked the '58s.

Steve, the 390 came out in '61.

Prater

Nice engine,

We have the Sprint 200 in our Mustang

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Deere Hunter

wow what a nice 63...wayne!!! does that have the 390 in it

Yep, has a 390. Although it was came from the factory with a 289. Bought this car from my Dad when I was 16. When I turned 18 I wanted alittle more horsepower so the small block got pulled and replaced with a warmed up 390. It doesnt get driven as much as I would like. Maybe get it out twice a year anymore to take to the local car cruise

Deere Hunter

I am more of a truck guy...as long as its a Ford !

Love the truck!

I helped Dad redo his 49 F5 a few years back. All I have to say is its an experince to drive one of these trucks in its original form. The flathead V8 in it has never been touched and runs great. This 49 only has 54,000 miles on it.

1949F5.jpg

stevasaurus

nice trucks guys...and the tractors that are in the pics with them! :drool:

wayne...is that a ford tractor in the bed? Looks to be show quality, and that is what is fun to drive. :omg: Bet you gotta double clutch that flat head :(

prater...always did like the looks of a mustang...nice ride. :drool:

taycotrains

That 49 is BEAUTIFUL !!! nice job !

There was a guy I used to see at Centre Hall that had either a 51 or 52

F5 or F6 with a Fordson on the bed....I forget his name though.

He told me his truck was "tricky" to drive too .

Is that a Ford Script bed ? and does it have a 2 speed axle ?

BT

zieg72

Beautiful 64 you got there. I am very partial to the bare bones models as long as they are 2 doors and stick shift. For me, no options are ideal. I hope to find a nice one some day.

HorseFixer

Nice vehicle Steve :drool: and all you guys! :omg:

stevasaurus

gatonde: here is the pics of the 1950 ford that we decided to make a trailer out of...as you can see...lots of coats of paint. We had 2 trucks that we were going to restore, but the door frames were shot and we just scratched our head and came up with the trailer.

drawings019.jpg

drawings022.jpg

drawings021.jpg

you can put 35 sheets of 4x8x1/2 drywall in this and pick up the toung...still use it

:omg:

427cougar

Thought I would add mine here. It's a work in progress. Even my favorite cars are red. :omg:

DSCF0012-1.jpg

stevasaurus

427cougar.. :drool: ...an excellent 1st post, I like the red also...bet she turns heads.

nice car. :omg: enjoy the site. What are you riding?

427cougar

Hey Steve,

I'm a Steve too. What am I riding? A 92 Harley...........oh, you mean on the LAWN! As you can see from the grass in the picture, I'm a little slow. Actually, my C175-8 was giving me some trouble at the time, so I just bought a Toro Z5030 for the grass. It cuts fast, but I'm not sure it's a keeper. Just does not feel real sturdy. My 2 acres slopes every which way and I can feel the foot well (?) flexing as I go. Maybe I should have sprung for a commercial grade?

As for tractors; I've got 2 C175-8s and a Ford, a 65 100, I think. Got a plow on the Ford, but no attachments for the WHs other than an old WH dump cart and a never used Toro trailer. One C175 has been repainted but has no motor and the other is not charging....pretty sure it needs a stator. Probably going to make one good tractor out of the two, but if something else real nice (520?) comes my way, I could change my mind.

Oh yea, I DO have a 68 427 Cougar XR7. I've had it over 30 years and, yes, it's red too!