Tractorman1

need help finding some parts for my 310-8

Tractorman1

I am currently fixing up my late grandfathers 310-8, but I am having trouble locating some of the replacement parts. 

• I am looking for both front (15x6.00-6) and rear (22x7.5-12) tires. I have cleaned up and painted the rims, but now need tires to go on them and I am having some trouble finding these size tires.
  • I am looking for a new muffler. The old one had holes rusted through it and I had to drill out one of the screws to get it off. If anyone knows where I can find a new muffler and screws for it, or how to modify a different muffler to fit on the tractor.
  • I am looking for a new gas cap, preferably one with out a fuel level gauge at the top. 
  • I was also wondering if there was a specific brand of oil that you would recommend for the engine? 

If anyone has links to, or knows any information about these topics it would be greatly appreciated if you could share that info with me. 

• Like 1

kwalshy

:text-welcomeconfetti:  

I have had good luck with finding tires online.  you do have some wiggle room ( +/- 0.5") on the tire size with your rim.   I'm a fan of the Carlisle tires.

There are vendors here who may offer some of the other components you are looking for, like a muffler.

I purchased a gas cap with level gauge from an online seller and I use whatever oil is on sale!  I do not use synthetic.

• Like 1

balconio
13 minutes ago, Tractorman1 said:

I am currently fixing up my late grandfathers 310-8, but I am having trouble locating some of the replacement parts. 

• I am looking for both front (15x6.00-6) and rear (22x7.5-12) tires. I have cleaned up and painted the rims, but now need tires to go on them and I am having some trouble finding these size tires.
  • I am looking for a new muffler. The old one had holes rusted through it and I had to drill out one of the screws to get it off. If anyone knows where I can find a new muffler and screws for it, or how to modify a different muffler to fit on the tractor.
  • I am looking for a new gas cap, preferably one with out a fuel level gauge at the top. 
  • I was also wondering if there was a specific brand of oil that you would recommend for the engine? 

If anyone has links to, or knows any information about these topics it would be greatly appreciated if you could share that info with me. 

first of all- kudos to you for breathing new life into your granddad's tractor- i've been loving mine since i bought them late last year. i've been able to find everything for both my 312-8's on amazon:

i've personally bought 2 of these gas caps and have been very happy with them https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OK4HJ0/
for mowing tires- i like Carlisle turf savers. the fronts will be easy to find but that rear size is a little less common.

i've not used this muffler, and it would send the exhaust "backwards" but it is meant to fit Kohler engines that are fitted in Cub Cadets and might work for you https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OKBDOW

as far as oil- use what's cheap and available and change it on schedule, and i believe in dino-oil over synthetic myself for tractors (my $.02)

straight 30W for summer and 10W-30 for winter/snowblowing etc.

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Just bought and had delivered 2 new Carlisle Turf Saver tires from Amazon.Mine are 23-9.50-12.I don't think the 22-7.50's  that you want are made anymore.The fronts you need are still available.When it was safe to go to stores,I've picked up several gas caps with-out gauge from the local Tractor Supply store.When you see the price of a new original muffler,you'll be looking for a used one or adapting one of those pepper shaker mufflers.Louder than stock.....but cheap.

oliver2-44

Search the classifieds, there are some used mufflers for sale, and new reproduction one like in this ad.

WVHillbilly520H

For the rear I would just go with size 23x8.50-12... In the the end you'll never notice the difference as most tires today actually run a bit smaller than size stated. And as plus you have more tread varieties available. Turf, AG, All Trail ect.

RandyLittrell

I just bought fronts for my 310-8 from Amazon and put 23x8.50-12's on the rear. You can get the 23's from Amazon too or Walmart. Wally world has some decent tire prices.

Randy

NJ puller

i got my tires from simpletire.com