Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Wheel Horse 3D

Did a little more painting on some hitch posts, scored some red plastic chain that will he a nice touch.20210601_195230.jpg.3fbeec5639f172b74b4bc28ac9270056.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Jeff-C175

Got everything primed just ahead of the rain for days.  Casings installed.

I'm thinking I should have ripped those boards down a bit.  IMO they are too wide.  I think I'm going to blend some of the wall color into the trim paint so the casings don't 'pop' so much and look as big as they do now.  I'll leave the inner part of the window white though.  Also going to install a 'skirt' board below the sill.

image.png.179071d606ac8723a65d6b8a595b152a.png

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I'm thinking I should have ripped those boards down a bit.  IMO they are too wide.  I think I'm going to blend some of the wall color into the trim paint so the casings don't 'pop' so much and look as big as they do now

I can see your point but I like the "pop".  

They'd look good painted either way.  

Nice work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

For Some reason...im suddenly hungry!

@OldWorkHorse Steve and his Ariel are camping with me and Trina and others for the Owl's Head Show weekend. 

I've a reasonably strong feeling I won't be hungry at any point during those days. 

🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jeff-C175

The treasurer came home with this cute little duck faucet from a yard sale last weekend.  She got it for a buck.  If I'da knowed this was coming I would have made the drop pipe a few inches longer, his head just barely clears the sill.

image.png.eda5cd7362ffec6e2807c02877c03a1d.png

Which is now mounted here:

image.png.aa0c33c701af722a8d4c8e7e897e55c3.png

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Excellent 6

Jeff-C175

In the shop behind the windows I'm working on is a workbench that was purpose built for some use.  I don't know what that use could have been, but on the front are a bunch of wall toggle switches and a number of outlets controlled by those switches.  There is a motor and pulley mounted on top of the bench and a bunch of holes in the top where other stuff was mounted.  I think perhaps some arbors and polishing wheels because I found some of those in a box in the corner.  Despite having lived here since '84 I STILL have not explored all the items left behind in this 2400 sq ft building!  Some things are better left alone!

Anyhow... the reason I mention that is because I thought some of y'all might get a kick out of what I found on the BOTTOM of the bench!  Pic is laying on my back looking UP at the bottom.  Can't see any of this just looking at the bench.

image.png.fc5a300a90486493d5b937e6f7b8d619.png

Any of you 'sparkies' having nightmares yet?

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Stormin

A visit to a great little garden centre we know this morning, resulted in this.

P1030647.JPG.b4b4c386f8ee24d3902267ac728d9e8a.JPG

The plants in the pipe are the type that you put in hanging baskets that hand down.. Eventually the tyres will have similar to cover them.

This afternoon neighbour across the green brought her walk behind mower over. She'd managed to knock the front axle off. Only held on by two springs. Took me two hours to work out where they fitted and how things went back together. That'll be a bag of doughnuts coming my way. :)

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Mickwhitt

Best wages Norm. Been too hot to do much here today. Just a few minor jobs put to bed. Cooler tomorrow so might have a ride out cutting grass.

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse

Shh the horses are sleeping... :sleeping-sleeping:

20210602_172410.jpg

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

OldWorkHorse
7 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

what I found on the BOTTOM of the bench!  Pic is laying on my back looking UP at the bottom.

WOAH...:scared-shocked:

• Haha 3

Ed Kennell
11 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Looks pretty well thought out.  He even planned on future expansion of the grid with all the dead ends.

Hey, the house never burned down.

image.png.fc5a300a90486493d5b937e6f7b8d619.png

• Haha 5

Jeff-C175
5 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

future expansion

I think those are actually abandoned sidings.  The PO was not one for seeing the future and planning ahead.  There was at one time a number of other 'devices' on the bench that had been removed.

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Jeff-C175 looks like my father's electrical work . Didn't know that he worked in NJ.:ROTF:

• Haha 2

Jeff-C175
2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

my father's

They did what they needed to do!

Actually, my Father In Law!  Maybe you're my long lost Brother in law!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Mickwhitt

20210603_120758.jpg.8f659436e4ce9c0b8ff889678787e230.jpgCut a nice new footpath in the community meadow this morning. 

• Like 3

Stormin

Been doing a bit of mowing mesel'. There's always a big patch of daffodil's mixed with long grass on the green. After they have flowered and wilting, they are left till the leaves start to droop.

Today I got the C-81 which has the finger/sickle bar fitted, and cut them down. Raked up the cutting and loaded the Saxon trailer hitched to the Sears. I then went over the cut patch with the walk behind mower to tidy things up a bit. The full load was taken away to be dumped. 

The only down side of mowing the daff's down, is it leaves a big brown patch in the middle of the green. Fresh grass will soon grow though.

• Like 2

lynnmor
4 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

20210603_120758.jpg.8f659436e4ce9c0b8ff889678787e230.jpgCut a nice new footpath in the community meadow this morning. 

What is "footpath" does not compute here.  Does it have a keyboard or batteries?  Not something used around here.   :confusion-confused:

• Haha 3

Jeff-C175
4 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

nice new footpath

For BIGfoot maybe!  :ychain::beer:

• Haha 1

Stormin
50 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

What is "footpath" does not compute here.  Does it have a keyboard or batteries?  Not something used around here.   :confusion-confused:

A footpath is a type of thoroughfare that is intended for use only by pedestrians and not other forms of traffic such as motorized vehicles, cycles, and horses. They can be found in a wide variety of places, from the centre of cities, to farmland, to mountain ridges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

lynnmor
43 minutes ago, Stormin said:

A footpath is a type of thoroughfare that is intended for use only by pedestrians and not other forms of traffic such as motorized vehicles, cycles, and horses. They can be found in a wide variety of places, from the centre of cities, to farmland, to mountain ridges.

It was my attempt at humor.  I have footpaths that I maintain throughout my wooded area and the folks that live on the property never get arms length from their gadgets.  Even their two year old dog is disabled from inactivity.

• Like 2

Stormin

10 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

It was my attempt at humor.  

I realise that. My reply was in a similar vein. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Stormin Followed Skunky's progress today , he is alive and full of it as normal.

Stormin
4 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Stormin Followed Skunky's progress today , he is alive and full of it as normal.

I know. No change there. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

OldWorkHorse

Picked up a new air compressor and air hose got tired of rolling the old hose up by hand 🤷‍♂️ should work for what I need. 

20210603_163827.jpg

• Excellent 3

Wheel Horse 3D

3d modeling on a custom project for a customer, and a bit of painting tonight on another order.

20210603_080742.jpg

20210604_013234.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1