Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Horse Newbie

Walked up to my neighbors because I noticed a change in the way his 20 hp, B&S , V Twin,  Intek sounded...would any of you mind jumping over to other brands and take a listen to the video and give us an idea of what may be the problem ?

ebinmaine

A little backyard fun today. I've been working on getting the old wood box cut down and burnt up. It's several years old, starting to deteriorate, and harbors rodents and wasps. 

There was/is a pile of larger chunks hunks and pieces of different types of wood and wood ish things out there too. 

Lots of food for the fire pit. 

The big wood crate in the second pic is a frame for an extension of the chicken run and movable chicken tractor. 

Trina and her Mom are putting the frame together out of entirely repurposed yard materials. 

Sides of course are pallets. 

Fasteners are the only purchased parts for the project. 

IMG_20210522_155435470.jpg

IMG_20210522_155553890.jpg

Edited by ebinmaine
Corrected text
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Amongst a zillion other things Trina and her Mom built this chicken run extension this weekend. 

Also put the gutter on the shed that was taken off the house.  Helps direct the rain away from the chickens. 

IMG_20210523_164539939.jpg

IMG_20210523_164553084.jpg

IMG_20210523_103809075_HDR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Jeff-C175
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

chicken run extension

It's on wheels?

Pick up one end and roll away for cleaning, etc?

image.png

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20210523_164553084.jpg

Some good lookin Buffs ya'll have there! Hardy, do well in colder weather, and I've found they have great dispositions!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

It's on wheels?

Pick up one end and roll away for cleaning, etc?

image.png

Yes sir. The inside end is not caged in yet but it will be so this can be a chicken tractor as well as an extension. 

27 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Some good lookin Buffs ya'll have there! Hardy, do well in colder weather, and I've found they have great dispositions!

Trina did a ton of research before we bought the birds.

They've been great so far. This past winter we didn't even heat the coop. They've been very hardy.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

a chicken tractor

"Chicken Train, runnin' all day..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Well.....Made it through the busy weekend, but not without residual effects. Sometime Saturday our A/C wen't out. So we were rather warm with the recent rise in Temp and humidity around here. On the road all day Sunday. so no fixin done. Sun. night I finally get a chance to look it over and ponder on it a bit(thermostat showin 80 when I went to bed). Today I finally get to go out and pull the cover off the outside unit, and sure enough the cap on the start capacitor is welled up JUST a bit on the Compressor side,(We have a 2 in one capacitor, one side to the fan the other to the compressor) For those not in the know, the capacitor simply stands by with a bit extra "UMPHH" to get the compressor and fan cranking and not pull too much current while doing so. Usually if everything else looks ok,Thermostats sending correct signals and nothin froze up and filters clean etc. the problem is USUALLY these capacitors, or a relay for the compressor. Now if everything kicks on and runs properly, and all other issues OK, then you just may need a recharge, but in my case I wasn't hearing the big noise of the compressor coming on and could hear the "buzz" every couple of minutes when the controller kept asking it to come on. Called local guy who wanted 60 bucks for a 15/20 dollar part.. no thanks! Got in touch with a supply place recommended by one of the electrical places I know, gave them the precise stats of the capacitor, and sure enough, none in stock. Then asked if he had separate capacitors in stock with the same ratings..yep! Therefore, Mrs is off to collect the capacitors and a bit of wiring and mounting this afternoon after work and I will then have separate capacitors for fan and compressor and it'll cost less to find and replace when I need one again! Woo Hoo! So check yer capacitors, and have ya a spare handy if ya can!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Sooo, I think i need to quit typing "SOOO" soooo much! Maybe, "and thusly", or "therefore" or even"well...." LOL

• Haha 2

Jeff-C175
2 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Sooo,

Well, my fridge recently died (which I think I posted that hokey pokey 'fix' I did to get it running in the emergency).  The capacitor wasn't the issue though at first of course that was my prime suspect.  Turns out that compressor is a 'capacitor-less' start model.  It has a separate START and RUN terminal on the side of it.  

The issue was that the 'start relay' burned up.  And the original is NLA.  I did manage to find a VERY similar relay that 'physically fit' and the correct current spec,  but had provision for wiring a capacitor.  The solution was simple, wire a direct connection across those two terminals on the relay.  Therefore, that's what I did.

Thusly, the fridge is working fine business once again and ready for another 30 years of service.  Maybe, I'm pretty sure, it will certainly outlast me!

Soooo, if you ever need a start relay for a capacitor-less compressor and can't find the correct one, you know what to do.

How'd I do?

Speaking of the 'hokey pokey'...  I heard that the guy that wrote the song recently passed away.  They had a little trouble getting him into his casket though.  They tried putting the left foot in... it came back out.  The put the right foot in... it came back out ....

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Wheel Horse 3D
2 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

How'd I do?

Excellent!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

"Chicken Train, runnin' all day..."

That was a new one to me. Interesting song.

• Haha 2

Dan.gerous

We drove to Ullapool and did about a 1/4 of Scotland's "North Coast 500" today - we have been having a holiday after renting a house near Inverness for a week.

https://www.northcoast500.com/

Its been nice not working for the first time in years - only way to do that was force ourselves off the farm!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Now i get to take my setup home and hope I can stay dry enough to install it!

20210524_155628.jpg

• Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
44 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

I can stay dry

SEND RAIN!  WE NEED IT! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Ok i THINK were good! Compessor came on so quietly I cant tell right off , but theres cold air comin from the vent and the main line from the compressor is cool!

Mustve been failing for a while cuz it was never that quiet!

OldWorkHorse

Some grease went up in flames on my grill few days ago when cooking stuff off and my temp gauge didn't like that so had to get a new 1 and this one GLOWS IN THE DARK! Midnight brisket anyone? Also tossed together a potatoe box to give that a shot, and bought some flowers for the front and back yard. 

20210524_181008.jpg

20210524_181347.jpg

20210524_162818.jpg

Edited by OldWorkHorse
Forgot potato box
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

this one GLOWS IN THE DARK

That's cool and all but nowadays some houses even have electricity to power lights and such. 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

OldWorkHorse
10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That's cool and all but nowadays some houses even have electricity to power lights and such. 

Bhaaha...hahaha. yeah but I dnt like the share so this is a good option for when I wanna grill in stealth mode... :shhh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Bhaaha...hahaha. yeah but I dnt like the share so this is a good option for when I wanna grill in stealth mode... :shhh:

I don't have a problem with this...😀

• Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Hey everybody! Ol' workhorse is havin bbq!

Whos up for a road trip?! He said it dont matter what time we git there!

(Or at least thats how I heard it.)

:auto-rally:

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

I’m down south.  We left yesterday morning, made it to Tifton, GA.  Ran to Okeechobee, FL and grabbed our camper that was destined to be a rental, but our toy hauler was delayed until August or more.  In the driveway at my house on Friday, Norman’s PLASTIC clutch pedal broke.  I borrowed Grandpa’s ‘13 Duramax.  It’s been deleted and gets pretty awesome mileage and top that off with a bed transfer tank for another 20 gallons... we made great time.  After picking the camper up, we ran up the road to Yee Haw Junction (an actual place!) and did a grease job in the 90 degree sun in the back of the Pilot fuel stop.  The hubs came apart and I packed the bearings manually (slap, slap).  The left front wheel was about 1/8” slop instead of a quarter turn slop.  I’m glad I checked them!  An hour down the road, I saw rubber flying.  We had our first camper blowout.  We found a shop a couple miles away that had a set of replacement tires and rather than opting to replace just the blown one, we went with four new and put the spare back.  We’re back in Tifton for the night and are heading to our eye doctor in Hendersonville, TN tomorrow then home!  Look out @The Tuul Crib, I hear tell town’s open and they might not be ready for this show!

5AED8EE1-3BEB-46EE-A0EE-8F899CFE2B66.jpeg

2D45C3F2-C1F7-4A3E-A191-AE681429622B.jpeg

D624614C-BE5D-4D8F-B8DC-D1D69C23FE72.jpeg

A04C8BCB-DED3-4BBB-BBA4-C67185048660.jpeg

528EAACC-9F03-4F6A-B50D-DB714D257888.jpeg

36413360-3E5A-4389-A919-1D106728F41E.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 2

Tractorhead