What did you do today?

Pullstart
29 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Having some trees cut down...

20210518_110353_HDR.jpg

20210518_110728_HDR.jpg

20210518_110301_HDR.jpg

1621358261963806472619679409293.jpg

make sure they tarp any open trailers!  I took a chunk of wood in front of my face on Norman’s windshield at 70 mph this morning...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Pullstart

I have one gate panel complete, need to skin the second.  I chopped a leaf spring in ha lf as a support for the pneumatic wheel and tire.  

09C4D9F5-A8E9-4229-9F25-3EFAB3A1B0E1.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
Photo
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie
5 minutes ago, pullstart said:

make sure they tarp any open trailers!  I took a chunk of wood in front of my face on Norman’s windshield at 70 mph this morning...

Oh yeah...these guys are pros...do an excellent job. All limbs go through a chipper.

Trunk sections cut in board lengths for the sawmill...course that White Oak ain't worth nothing...:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stormin

Been up at the farm where I help out one day a week. Did some fencing in one field, hung a gate at another and repaired some in one more.

Best part of the day was when we got back to the farm in the afternoon. They've been using my 12' x 6' twin axle trailer for one or two jobs. They knew I wanted to sell it and surprised me with fat envelope full of cash. :banana-dance:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Highlight of my day so far!  This is my newest niece.

1A4AD207-07D5-4B06-B0E5-077630176AF7.jpeg

• Heart 9

elcamino/wheelhorse

Are you being the nanny to this little also ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stormin
3 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I hope not. Knowing how accident prone Kevin is, he might drop her.

• Haha 8

lynnmor
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

1A4AD207-07D5-4B06-B0E5-077630176AF7.jpeg

It's time to get that dummy out and teach her tractor noises.  :teasing-binkybaby:

• Haha 3

Pullstart
6 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Her mother, Mrs. P and their cousin all teamed up today to clean 93 year old grandma’s house.  The kids were with my girls, but I have a gift of getting them to sleep when nobody else (sometimes their parents) can.  No, it’s not with fart gas either!

• Haha 3

Pullstart
6 hours ago, Stormin said:

I hope not. Knowing how accident prone Kevin is, he might drop her.

I’ll take the fall before letting these angels drop :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Heart 4

8ntruck

Stopped by the semi-local Stihl dealer and bought a FS 91 straight shaft trimmer today.

Interesting engine.  It it a 4 stroke that is lubricated like a 2 stroke.  I've been trolling about for more information on it.  Somehow, the intake has to route through the crank case.  I'm hoping to find a diagram explaining the operational details.

It is a shoulder strap/handlebar type machine.  Seems to be a comfortable machine to use - at least during the first trip around the yard and along the lakefront tonight.

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Just finished movin a beautiful Oak Crest rolltop down to the basement office for mrs.We got it at an auction for 50 bucks , cuz it was locked with no key. After i won the bid, I walked over with my pocket knife and gently wiggled the catches on either side while maintaining upward pressure, opened the top and took the key out of an inside drawer. LOL 

SmartSelect_20210518-233446_Google.jpg

• Excellent 7

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Interesting engine.  It it a 4 stroke that is lubricated like a 2 stroke.  I've been trolling about for more information on it.  Somehow, the intake has to route through the crank case.  I'm hoping to find a diagram explaining the operational details

Keep us posted on that. Sounds interesting. 

Pullstart

The last two days, we’ve jogged a total of 3 miles.  Today, we did a cool down and walked 2.  Saturday is the big day, we’ll jog 3.7.  I can feel the pain sinking in already!

• Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

The last two days, we’ve jogged a total of 3 miles.  Today, we did a cool down and walked 2.  Saturday is the big day, we’ll jog 3.7.  I can feel the pain sinking in already!

Man, I do NOT miss those Army days! Now If i can't get there at a leisurely pace, forget it!  I's git there when I git there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, pullstart said:

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Pullstart
21 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!

So can Rylee!  Who’s gonna carry who?

• Haha 3

Tractorhead

I believe Rylee have to carry her Dad home than..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
43 minutes ago, pullstart said:

So can Rylee!  Who’s gonna carry who?

Take turns

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I finished the gates and will deliver them tonight.

0EC72CB7-70DA-40AB-A62A-47761BDB829D.jpeg.1d00adcc13cdd3b4ceecece0e2f69ce6.jpeg

I have some left over cuts from the galvanized wire and that stuff is pretty rigid.

F25AA4FC-7007-452C-85D2-5726F3060C3B.jpeg.9097a40f3e9793d4f2be78232590fadc.jpeg

Me thinks some 1/4” brake line tubing welded to a tab on the dash tower could make an interesting push/pull throttle and choke for the WHRat.

06D38298-FA88-48C1-A20E-310ACB2B3C94.jpeg.eed1257dfd9d24c3c496166fa42e49ac.jpeg

• Like 3

Mickwhitt

My new welder did not arrive so I spent the morning bumming around trying not to get bored.

Did an hour on the JD ride on cutting paths on the fields opposite, it worked very well and coped with a few gradients I thought would be a problem.

Then it hailed so no  outdoor fun to be had.

Got 8 dogs in through the day so it was a little chaotic for the most part. Just two little ones staying overnight including this little cutey.  .

20210519_112121.jpg.0606ff45b42249fd28d31bcd0315ef49.jpgPippin, she is a Maltypoo. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Horse Newbie

Had no cable or internet last night... or today.

Cable tech probably won't be willing to come in here to drop another cable...

20210519_152359.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Sad 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Finished the preliminary model for those c series fiberglass hood headlight covers.

Remodeled some of the LED ornaments and made some adjustments. And...tomorrow at some point I hope to do a nice reveal over on the 3d printed thread!

SmartSelect_20210519-185732_Google.jpg

• Like 3

8ntruck

Finished planting the hostas, columnbines, surprise lillies, and narcissucs that we brought up from our Missouri location.  Also removed the infestation of creeping Charlie in about 30 feet of the flower beds - actually, I think I just discouraged it some.  Ole Charlie is tough to get rid of.....

Also got the Tory Built Pony out of the truck.  Gave it a shot of carb cleaner and pulled the rope.  It fired, so it has spark.  Probably needs the carb cleaned.

Patted the Horse on the hood as I put the hand tools away in the shed.  Told it that there is a lawn to mow and dirt to move in the next couple of days.

@ebinmaine - I found an animation for the Stihl oil less 4 cycle.  Turns out that the crank case is connected to the intake manifold ahead of the intake valve so that the 50:1 fuel/oil mix gets drawn in to lube the bottom end during the exhaust stroke so it gets oiled like a 2 stroke.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1