Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

lynnmor
3 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Man, I started puffin from just looking at that load.      Wish I was 30 again..or 40 or 50 or 60 or even 70.

EB rides in the trailer while BBT pedals.

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Man, I started puffin from just looking at that load.      Wish I was 30 again..or 40 or 50 or 60 or even 70.

That load .. is about 2/3 ... And one of THREE trips in, out, in, out, in. 

Friday.. 

About 3.2 miles from car to camp. 

Then Saturday we biked 7.1 miles of trails. 

Today...

The reverse of the 3.2 miles.  

AND....

There's a pull cart that Trina and our friend was using.  

:lol:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

EB rides in the trailer while BBT pedals.

I WISH !!!

:ROTF:

Pullstart

We opened the salt water pool yesterday. A good bit of vacuum work,and some time, and it’ll all balance out and look crystal clear.  It took 6 bags of salt to get the level up to the green dot on the cell.  Through the season, we may need 4 more bags, depending on usage, rain, etc.  The salt never leaves the water, the water leaves the pool.

Current water temp is 63 degrees F.

824B68A9-DF5F-4837-B41E-E110BDB7F711.jpeg

5E594CC3-436F-4EFE-87B3-E699F50EA25A.jpeg

• Like 3

Horse Newbie
On 5/26/2023 at 12:25 AM, oliver2-44 said:

These life size dinosaur models were part of Sinclair exhibit at the 1965 Worlds Fair and later donated to the Park

@oliver2-44,

You mean these gas stations ?…

I remember it like it was today…

On 5/26/2023 at 12:25 AM, oliver2-44 said:

Do you remember Sinclair brand gas stations

IMG_2419.jpeg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 5
  • Heart 1

Wheel-N-It
3 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

@oliver2-44,

You mean these gas stations ?…

I remember it like it was today…

IMG_2419.jpeg

I remember the DINO toys that the Sinclair Gas Station owners used to give away to kids. Does anyone here remember the price of gas during the gas war days?

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Beap52
5 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

I remember the DINO toys that the Sinclair Gas Station owners used to give away to kids. Does anyone here remember the price of gas during the gas war days?

Seems like in early 1970's we could get regular for 19 cents a gallon.  I don't remember what ethyl costs--I wasn't about to spend that kind of money!  I also remember looking at tailpipes for whitish/gray lead deposits.  I always took that to mean the engine was running as efficient as possible.  Now I look for a tail pipe that is as clean on the inside as it is on the outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Wheel-N-It

Oh yes. Gas was inexpensive back in those days. Fifty years ago our politicians and so called experts tried to put fear in everyone by telling the world we were running out of crude oil. Then the price of crude started rising.........

They figured out a way to hoodwink us once again. OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Time to go to bed.

• Haha 2

Ed Kennell
10 hours ago, Beap52 said:

Seems like in early 1970's we could get regular for 19 cents a gallon. 

Gimme a dollars worth was a common order when I worked at a "Good Gulf" station in the late '50s.       A dollar got you 5-6 gallon of 100% real gasoline, windshield washed, and oil checked.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

The Freightliner Guy

took the snow plow off the four wheeler. 

Pullstart

Cut some wood for my aunt and uncle the past few days…

Luckily, my Uncle has a little diesel FEL that is the cat’s meow for the job.  

I’m almost done, just need to pick up another load.

BDB3CFAC-C0A9-42A3-889B-B666DB368C76.jpeg

3F1766C3-7382-47E5-A557-A48AFC8FD157.jpeg

• Like 3

Pullstart

This is just a reminder to myself, FELs are very handy.  I should finish mine!

• Like 2

8ntruck

Yes, you should.

Then I could run down, with a trailer and borrow it from time to time. :D

• Haha 2

Beap52
21 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Oh yes. Gas was inexpensive back in those days. Fifty years ago our politicians and so called experts tried to put fear in everyone by telling the world we were running out of crude oil. Then the price of crude started rising.........

They figured out a way to hoodwink us once again. OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Time to go to bed.

Yep, then unleaded came along.  It was always more expensive than the real gasoline and smelled like rotten eggs coming out of the tail pipe.  I bet my  '71 El Camino would like to have a sip of the old stuff.  Seems like my first valve job in the El Camino was at 25 or 30 thousand miles--maybe a little more. 

• Like 1

oliver2-44
On 5/29/2023 at 9:43 AM, Ed Kennell said:

Took my sons bikes on our Dinosaur Valley State Park last week and did about 5 miles each day. Didn’t puff a bit. I just love those new pedal assist e-bikes!!!

• Haha 2

ohiofarmer

Made a real haul of Kroger gas. I had fuel points of  70 cents a gallon last month and fifty cents this month. So with a maximum of 35 gallons x two purchases I saved 42 dollars on 70 gallons.  The truck was pretty empty and I had  enough fuel containers for fiffty gallons as well, so it was all good. i need to build outside storage because thats just too much in a garage...

One time me and another guy were filling all our fuel cans at Kroger and a third guy asked us why we were buying all the gas... "You mean you don't know?"' i said.. A big pipeline just blew up and the stock market fell by fifty percent..!  The guy just turned green so I bailed out of my lie pretty quickly and he laughed in relief. 

Not so sure I would want to chance it the way things in the world are going right now.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

those new pedal assist e-bikes!!!

I see those more n more up here. 

There's a fair amount of bicycle commuters. 

Excellent idea for the right usage. 

I'd have one if my commute was much shorter. 

ebinmaine

Last couple evenings we've been spending time cleaning up the yard house and barn in prep for the Luau this weekend. 

Weather is looking like it'll be an indoor event so yesterday I moved the Wally Digger Backhoe out by the tractor shed, tossed a battery in the Old '86 F250 and moved that out of the main barn area to be in under the left side shed roof. 

Organized some table and counter tops. 

Moved stuff. Etc.  

We tried to make all the moves count for future usage too. 

After the event the truck and backhoe will be put back to their places and the truck bed will be removed in prep for other work.  

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
50 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Luau this weekend. 

:law-policered:

This just in... There will be a one time pictures mandatory exception exemption while documenting this event...

I am not sure the interwebs can handle images of you in a grass skirt dancing on the seat whilst riding a :wh:...

:scared-eek:

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Made a real haul of Kroger gas.

Our Giant Food Store limits our discounted gas to 25 gallons.        Our two month grocery bills usually accumulate enough points for a $1.00/gallon discount.  I make sure I have cans to get the entire 25 gallon.    No need for cans when filling the 36 gallon tank on the  F-150.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
20 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I am not sure the interwebs can handle images of you in a grass skirt

Image result for bear in hula        I may still have my outfit from our last luau.      The skirt is adjustable, but my coconuts would be pretty small for a large bear

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

This just in... There will be a one time pictures mandatory exception exemption while documenting this event...

I am not sure the interwebs can handle images of you in a grass skirt dancing on the seat whilst riding a :wh:...

:scared-eek:

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Image result for bear in hula        I may still have my outfit from our last luau.      The skirt is adjustable, but my coconuts would be pretty small for a large bear

If it makes you guys feel any better I opted for a good old-fashioned vintage Hawaiian shirt instead of a grass skirt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

I opted for a  Hawaiian shirt

Whew, thanks for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66

image.jpeg.7bb91cbe7f14988799697e13d1af072d.jpeg😎

• Haha 4

ebinmaine