• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

frameless dump trailers

NIIIIICE

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Wow, that should be enough to disolve a couple hundred rust buckets.

• Haha 1

Horse Newbie

Today I went to Walmart and got oil for an oil change on the 1998 Chevy 1500 Z-71… been using Walmart brand Super Tech Full Synthetic 5w-30 the last couple of oil changes, with the AC Delco PF52E filter. 
A friend of mine who is an excellent mechanic said their oil is as good as what I had been using since I got the truck.

Wont get an oil change today though… too cold out, and besides the Chevy is getting less than 3,000 miles a year now because I have a company truck for work. 

Also picked up some Purple Power…

Went by Auto Zone and got some Permatex thread sealant for the pipe threads on the oil drain pipe on the twin Briggs…grabbed 2 #53 bulbs for a dash gauge light on the 520H, a cheap spark tester, and some fuel line for the 1984 Work Horse.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Today I went to Walmart and got oil for an oil change on the 1998 Chevy 1500 Z-71… been using Walmart brand Super Tech Full Synthetic 5w-30 the last couple of oil changes, with the AC Delco PF52E filter. 
A friend of mine who is an excellent mechanic said their oil is as good as what I had been using since I got the truck.

Wont get an oil change today though… too cold out, and besides the Chevy is getting less than 3,000 miles a year now because I have a company truck for work. 

Also picked up some Purple Power…

Went by Auto Zone and got some Permatex thread sealant for the pipe threads on the oil drain pipe on the twin Briggs…grabbed 2 #53 bulbs for a dash gauge light on the 520H, a cheap spark tester, and some fuel line for the 1984 Work Horse.

I don't see any peanut M n' Ms.  

• Haha 1

19richie66

Trying to get the diesel bolted down. Possibly going to a new home next weekend if the weather cooperates. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

Before I start working on tractor related stuff I’m gonna see if I can get this surround sound system installed in the shop…

2660758C-45FB-4131-A1E5-99765CEB0DE7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie

Well it makes sound…

• Like 1

Stormin

Set too on the heap of wood in my wood storage area that was blocking the saw bench in. Cut it up into lengths ready for splitting and piled it into the big storage cage. Pulled the bench into the workshop with the Sears GT16. Maybe give it a pressure wash before I service it. Finally cleaned up the sawdust etc and dumped it down the bridleway to cover some rubble. Things look a lot tidier now and  not a bad 5hrs work if I do say so. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
On 1/31/2021 at 9:26 PM, Jeff-C175 said:

And now for the bad news.

Oh crap, m0743r####er, 5h1t, p1ss, damnit!  Not enough bad words for this.

Those of you who may have followed the engine work I did on the Treasurer's Monte Carlo will understand why this has me fit to be tied!

image.png.6f21b62acc9e5437485f138782c92a2c.png

I ain't at all concerned about those little oil spots, but just take a guess at what the big spot is?

From what inspection shows without jacking her up and looking from underneath is the INTAKE manifold gaskets I replaced are NOT leaking.

This appears from what I can see to possibly be the damn head gasket.

Oh crap, m0743r####er, 5h1t, p1ss, damnit!  Not enough bad words for this.

All that time and money spent and we get only one more damn year ... 

Why is this happening?  There's 'only' about 180K on this car!

Edited by Jeff-C175

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Those of you who may have followed the engine work I did on the Treasurer's Monte Carlo

:bitch:

#&$)@(&+!!!!

• Haha 1

Gregor

While working on Caspers latest modification, I had some down time waiting on parts and such, so I started another little project. Small parts storage. I finished it up this morning. 

When I have to run to the store to buy a small ticket item, I usually buy more than one. I figure if I needed it once, chances are, I will need it again. I will buy at least 6 of anything. I am talking about things a couple of bucks or less. Things such as set screws, small spacers, O-rings, barrel nuts, the list goes on and on. The trouble with buying all these small parts was finding them when I needed them of course. Those little cabinets with the plastic pull out out drawers are a joke. You can't see whats in them, and they take up valuable counter / work bench space. You can hang them on a wall, but I don't have a lot of wall space either. I bought a bunch of little bitty 2 x 3 plastic baggies, and put the parts  in them. Then I sorted the little bitty baggies into groups of things that made sense to me. I then put the different groups into medium sizedbaggies. Then I put all the medium size baggies into one BIG baggie. While this system worked better than just having all the parts in a drawer, it wasn't much better. When I needed a woodruff key, the hunt was on. Which  medium size baggie was it in? It could take 1/2 hour to find a part, and sometimes I never did find it, although I knew I had it, somewhere. There had to be a better way.

1722665920_res5.jpg.e4e30afe71c2a8892db6bc97f45ddc45.jpgI had lots of wood

I bought some of these,305466852_resized3.jpg.dc06808432e52da395a02a78d7788387.jpg\

and made some of these.

412910447_res1.jpg.4ee1a788dc05e5b3ca674a232ff52b64.jpgOne thing I do have in my garage is lots of cabinet doors. and insides of cabinet doors. The inside of cabinet doors really don't do anything but hold up the outside of cabinet doors. What a waste. So I mounted a bunch of these,1848804953_res11.jpg.c8e6dacb1c7b954a6f87fe33fdce4d5a.jpg on the inside of my cabinet doors.

Then I bought a bunch of these.1754967781_resized4.jpg.43fc33284e432b8277f6e7e6f159be11.jpgPut my small parts in them, labeled them, and put them516786066_res22.jpg.34033f4909905102a5efa07aac400cac.jpg in these 1943125236_res44.jpg.2f644291b0b17b7e41d2fdf54d21aa08.jpgNow everything is in alphabetical order, at eye level, and what use to take a 1/2 hour to maybe never find, I can have my hands on in 30 seconds. I still have more wood, and more rod, and lots more cabinet doors, but I need to order more bottles. This is not a new or unique idea of course, but it's my take on it.

resized 4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Gregor said:

idea ...., but it's my take on it.

Absolutely excellent. 

We're getting more organized here lately. 

In the process of moving things around I consider, and ask The VERY busy BBT,

If you were looking for a such-n-such where would you look?

We're so like-minded that the answer is often the same. 

Then I put the part/tool etc where we both thought to search first.  

• Like 1

Gregor

Over the holidays my wife and I were at a relatives house. He and I spent a little time in the garage. He has one of those GINORMOUS $4000 tool boxes, that he probably hasn't seen the inside of for years. Open every drawer, it's perfect. Every wrench laid out in order. Every ratchet, laid out from small to big. Every screwdriver, pliers, vise grips, EVERYTHING laid out in perfect order. My tool boxes, not so much.  It's a lot like looking for bigger small parts. Todays project, do something about that.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Todays project, do something about that

I have an appreciation for those large tool boxes and those folks who can use one. A garage setting where it would need to locked I'd use one. 

My thing is... I'm TERRIBLE about "outta sight, outta mind."

That's why we've been expanding our tool storage to the walls. 

Pegboard is amazing. 

Like better than sliced bread amazing. 

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Pegboard is amazing. 

Like better than sliced bread amazing. 

:text-yeahthat:

But I still like bread too… :popcorn:

• Like 4

Jeff-C175
On 1/15/2022 at 5:34 PM, Jeff-C175 said:

the engine work I did on the Treasurer's Monte Carlo will understand why this has me fit to be tied!

image.png.6f21b62acc9e5437485f138782c92a2c.png

What have I got to lose?  $12 ?

image.png.19b22d7bdae61d8daf51e358f5afd481.png

Well... guess what... ?  It's been in there for two days now and no sign of a leak... in fact, it seemed to work in about FIVE MINUTES...  so maybe, just maybe... fingers crossed.

Let me say that I am NOT a fan of 'snake oil' cures and it really hurt me to pour this into the radiator, but it's either this, or get another car, because I am NOT taking that engine apart again!

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

What have I got to lose?  $12 ?

image.png.19b22d7bdae61d8daf51e358f5afd481.png

Well... guess what... ?  It's been in there for two days now and no sign of a leak... in fact, it seemed to work in about FIVE MINUTES...  so maybe, just maybe... fingers crossed.

Let me say that I am NOT a fan of 'snake oil' cures and it really hurt me to pour this into the radiator, but it's either this, or get another car, because I am NOT taking that engine apart again!

Many moons ago when I sold auto parts at a retail based place they about 647 million different "improvements" to dump in the various chemical holding orifices of a vehicle. 

There were 3 coolant leak fixers that would work quite well. 

Most folks didn't follow the directions or had a pressurized leak that they didn't account for so the repair didn't repair itself. 

There's a chance that may clog your radiator or heater core if either one was already getting corroded. But you've lost nothing by trying. 

• Like 1

19richie66

The wife and I had Covid so I have been chilling at the house. Had some plates and decided to mess around. Came out alright I guess….

582E164F-BBCB-448E-8A1A-C2EAFF2DB1A0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine

@19richie66

Hope you and the wife are feeling better soon. 

The plate is awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat: x 2…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks. I’m good. I didn’t even know I had it. She must be feeling better. I got the look when I asked her where I could put the plate in the house. 😎

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 6

Achto

Laid down some flambeau r, flambeau rr, flambeau rrre. Sorry, I can't say it. I don't care what Case called their color. I'm not color blind, it's orange. Orange I tell ya. :soapbox:

I made some orange paint fly on my friends triple 4 Case today.:)

IMG_20220122_193111607.jpg.a95a0a4ceca0d571f58e8070afce8d4f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Achto said:

Orange

Agreed. Orange. Isn't overly difficult to see. 

I must admit orange is a favorite...

• Like 3