Pullstart
6 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

Got some Wood I see!

few week’s worth...

BE944BFB-65ED-4BF6-95AC-CEABC27B3A4F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mickwhitt

What is the widowmaker tree story? Not into lumber jack speak. 

Mick 

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
14 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

What is the widowmaker tree story? Not into lumber jack speak. 

Mick 

It's one that falls on you. Cut down any that look unstable before they get you while your not looking :-)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
40 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

It's one that falls on you. Cut down any that look unstable before they get you while your not looking :-)

That's alot of how Trina chooses which trees to cut in our forest.

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Is there anything Eric, you won't watch that woman do?  :lol:

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Nope

• Haha 3

Stormin
5 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Don't forget Trina has her mother to help her. Two against one! He'll never get it right. :teasing-poke::teasing-poke:

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

Bet there is so much work getting done he can't help but to sit and watch it all getting done.

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Bet there is so much work getting done he can't help but to sit and watch it all getting done.

You have no idea how right you are!!

Hahahahaha.

Here's what I'm up to today. 

IMG_20200626_071347631.jpg.e5715ad82dbc8e5c015a5d720237ca5e.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:blink: He's even got a job sitting and watching others work.

MAN C'MON!  :D

• Haha 1

Stormin
39 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You have no idea how right you are!!

Hahahahaha.

Here's what I'm up to today. 

IMG_20200626_071347631.jpg.e5715ad82dbc8e5c015a5d720237ca5e.jpg

I think he has to stand up to use that. Looks like remote controls for a truck Hiab. One of those cranes on the back of a wagon?

Doubt I'll be doing much. Rain! Rain! and more rain. At least it's cooler.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
37 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I think he has to stand up to use that. Looks like remote controls for a truck Hiab. One of those cranes on the back of a wagon?

Doubt I'll be doing much. Rain! Rain! and more rain. At least it's cooler.

You are correct in that it is a remote control for a crane. Fassi brand. Used quite a few Hiabs over the years as well.

And I do have to stand. I even have to walk around and throw straps off the truck and stuff. If I'm not careful I'm going to burn a calorie and maybe even make a drop of sweat or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mickwhitt

Had a couple of days catching up to do.

Helped a neighbour fit a fancy fawcett (tap) in his kitchen.

Took a look at another neighbours mower that she cant start. Turns out she doesn't have the shoulders for a pull start lol.

Finished off a couple of turning jobs.

I broke the air manifold off my compressor last week so I made a new threaded stem to graft it back onto the receiver. Two olives were required 6mm diameter for the pressure switch pipe so I turned those on the lathe. 

Decks clear now for tomorrow when we are having  1 and 1/2 ton of slate chippings delivered for the front garden.

I will be spreading that out for most of the day.

• Like 1

Stormin

Really hectic day. Been rushed off my feet sitting in the lounge watching the continuous rain since morning and the wind blowing leaves and small branches off the trees.

• Like 2

Lee1977
3 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

Had a couple of days catching up to do.

Helped a neighbour fit a fancy fawcett (tap) in his kitchen.

Took a look at another neighbours mower that she cant start. Turns out she doesn't have the shoulders for a pull start lol.

Finished off a couple of turning jobs.

I broke the air manifold off my compressor last week so I made a new threaded stem to graft it back onto the receiver. Two olives were required 6mm diameter for the pressure switch pipe so I turned those on the lathe. 

Decks clear now for tomorrow when we are having  1 and 1/2 ton of slate chippings delivered for the front garden.

I will be spreading that out for most of the day.

You need to get busy and build a grader blade. They work great with a solid link to the lift.

SAM-0804.jpg

SAM-0635.jpg

SAM-0591.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

You need to get busy and build a grader blade. They work great with a solid link to the lift.

SAM-0804.jpg

SAM-0635.jpg

SAM-0591.jpg

I'll second that

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

After crashing the goldwing a year ago, i finally had the courage to find out how bad things were.. Structurally , they were not too bad, but cosmetically .........

Anyway, I was becoming increasingly concerned with the effects of sitting there not being good for the bike. I pulled off the lower fairings to gain access to the spark plugs. put some deep Creep penetrant in to treat the piston bores to happiness. Am i EVER fortunate that I thought to blow compressed air in the spark plug recesses before removal. A small washer from a fairing bolt would have surely fallen into the chamber, but it blew free of the recess.

The machine has a weak battery and the jump battery was no prize either. at least she turned over nice with no spark plugs to produce compression. It needs anti freeze, but adding it to the reserve puke tank did adding not work to fill it. i actually need to access a repair manual to find out how to add it at the radiator.

The year old fuel was the color of morning pee. i places a piece of copper pipe into the tank and inserted the clear suction tube through that to the tank bottom. started suction and then it all siphoned out. I will check for water in the fuel and if OK, i will probably will run it through the herd at 25% or a half gallon per tank. three gallons total

edit....took off the top fairing and was easy with only four bolts. I  discov ered that adding to the fill bottle actually did fill the radiator. And it is air conditioned at the job site while it is 90 degrees outside .So the bike sits until i pick up some ethanol free and fuel stabilizer I. am having  all kinds of trouble with Windows10 loading pictures of the high end shop cabinets that are nearly finished. We have 49 drawers total that are 30 inches deep. This shop will be super organized with all that room.The customer bought a label maker which makes sense with all those drawers.

I know you need piccs of the shop, so I will try some different cameras.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 4

Pullstart

Cleaned out my plow truck today.  I’ve been reluctant to do so, but I’m finally getting out of commercial plowing.  I’ll keep a 1/2 ton with a 7-1/2’ blade on the front for personal use.

51FAC0D0-821E-4306-9154-37406A73C0E5.jpeg

• Like 5

Pullstart

Then I watched Momma now the lawn.  The weeds were so high, we need to do them again tomorrow!

4AFFA557-F94C-4043-80D4-DFFBA38E038D.jpeg

• Like 3

Stormin

9 hours ago, pullstart said:

Cleaned out my plow truck today. 

When I emptied out my Disco on finally parting with it a few weeks ago, I found things I'd forgotten about. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, Stormin said:

When I emptied out my Disco on finally parting with it a few weeks ago, I found things I'd forgotten about. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I filled up my tool box again.  Multiples of many tools I use frequently were found!

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Because of some stress with front brake calipers on last road approval, i decide to changed today several frontaxle parts on the Car.

2 new ballbearings left and right with 2 new ancorplates,

2 new brake discs and a complete set of brake pads.

- nearly a new Frontaxle - 

I have the ability to do that at my Buddy‘s Workshop.

Because of Covid on Friday is next roadapproval schedule.

curious what‘s happen this time, last time on test, the right brakecaliper arrests in brake position and cannot be released

just with extreme external force. Than i hear a - clank- sound, and all releases.

We tried again, but brakeforce where too differently - so no approval.

I changed again the discs and pads but still 28% difference on frontbrake.

we decide they must be breaked in and than we give it another try.

after that clank sound, it works for a month absolute normally as nothing where happen ever.

i keep the Jack in the car and tested several times, if the brakes releases and they do.

Few weeks later, i’m driving bit faster on Autobahn, where i loose speed and i wonder, what the heck is that now happen.

it felt like a loss of Engine torque.

I stopped on a sideway and the brakedisc on right side changes its color to blue and a very strong smell occurs.

its extremely hot...  ok, another brakedisc blastin.

So i decide to change this Antichrist of caliper to a new one, but when i do, i do it on both sides.

normally this compactbearings rusted so strongly in and need a hammer and a flat chisel to loosen the outer ring than they come in one part out but i had a bad feeling.

left side where until screws loosen felling out of in felt thousends of parts arround the bearingcage.

The backside of bearingcage itself was that penetrant rusted in and takes a massive bit longer to convince to go out.

i never seen sometimes before.

A compactbearing that rips arround in the middle section and all outsideparts are just fragments they stuck only together

as long as the Screws are tight.

When i loose them with the impact wrench, ploink -  a felt 100 part puzzle.😳

Sadly i let the ipad at home, because i know it will become a dirty work.

but now i wish, i had it with me for few Picts.

Gladly i see that before this bearing give up on the Autobahn with Topspeed.

Edit - 

Ok, do quick a Testdrive to do several brake in and verify after,

Brake work as it should no eek eek or other noises and it bytes really agressive also from Topspeed to 0

Only the tyres whine for mercy.

While i check all again i was able took a quick Pic,

because i know nothing happens without Picts...

Edit end

87809CCC-E5AF-456E-A90B-6FA37877E535.jpeg.f4d8de6d7eb2a2e541fd4aa473ac9ec1.jpeg

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 4

Stormin

Up at the farm today. First job was to remove one of the double action rams, that was leaking, from under one of the trailers. We had a heck of a fight to undo the hose connection from the double joint. Took two of us to free the union. I think Goliath must have fitted it. Tied up the end of the ram that attaches to the chassis, then removed the securing bolt and let the end down to the ground.

Getting my mates sons, they're younger than me, to support the ram, I removed the bolt holding ram to body. The lads then took it away to clean before it went to have new seals fitted.

Rather heavy those rams. 3ft long and about 5" diameter.

Next job was more cubical barrier repairs. Getting a couple of broken rawlbolt ends out of the wall took some doing. Had to use a hammer drill with a pointed chisel, to loosen round the broken ends. :tools-hammerdrill: Eventually got them out then drilled right through the wall and secured the barriers with 12mm threaded bar through the holes.

A tiring be satisfying day. :)

• Like 4

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Stormin said:

tiring be satisfying day

Love those

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

@JCM @WHX24 Imma’ plumma’ today!

5E731060-5814-4049-8245-36F786E2273D.jpeg

11AB4BF0-F515-41AC-8234-F35D9FB4564F.jpeg

9DDA5BC0-E586-4042-A03A-2FCA5E2824FA.jpeg