Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

SylvanLakeWH

Great idea!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

You think Kevin can make one of those double helo lift copters out of a couple :wh:'s by plow day? Gives him a week and a half to get it off the ground... :eusa-think:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Great idea!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

You think Kevin can make one of those double helo lift copters out of a couple :wh:'s by plow day? Gives him a week and a half to get it off the ground... :eusa-think:

Not a problem.   He all ready has half a Chinook hanging from his ceiling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Woo hoo!  She passed

Tell the kid congrats!!

• Thanks 1

rjg854

Jada passes another milestone, getting her driver's license.  :text-bravo:

You go girl  :music-rockon:

• Like 3

rjg854
Posted (edited)

Double post :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Edited by rjg854
Cor

Pullstart
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Not a problem.   He all ready has half a Chinook hanging from his ceiling.

the better looking half that is!

5B83C4EC-9B1F-49C1-AA69-EDD72800E4DC.jpeg

• Like 4

Lane Ranger
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Not much energy today but when up in the attic looking for a black hood for C-series Don the other day I found some head light buckets never knew I had. 

Put one to use for a lamp for the shop desk.

Wired it to a old Radio Shack power supply.

What the heck if ding dong can hang a light off a tractor... :lol:

20240403_170626.jpg

20240403_173001.jpg

Jim:  Did you put new pigtails intros light sockets??

• Like 1

WHX??
12 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

Jim:  Did you put new pigtails intros light sockets??

Nope orginals in great shape. Sockets rusty but a copper fitting brush cleans good. 

• Like 4

Pullstart

Found a couple things cleaning in the shop today…

C51B222A-BD49-4461-88AF-A92735C3123F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Those look like tractors from a light string. 

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Got our annual spring Play Day coming up next weekend at the Historical Society. For those who don’t know what a Play Day is it’s a day that we set aside 3 years ago for all of us members to get together and play with our toys. We have our annual show in September but we are all too busy putting on the show to really enjoy our toys. It’s also a time when we can get together and get any bugs worked out of any of our tractors or engines before show season kicks off. This year I’m gonna take our 1957 Cub LoBoy and see if me and a couple of the guys can get it running, so tonight after work I put the two new tires on the front that Rodger ordered for this tractor about 10 years before he passed and had been sitting on the shelf ever since. IMG_0535.jpeg.03222fd736105404cdbf3f9127b62f76.jpegIMG_0536.jpeg.c1ca913151c6f84d549200d60051664c.jpegIMG_0537.jpeg.9c1e81d6b47a47a75dd5fe6215d2a760.jpeg

We also stopped at the pond on our way out to the farm and caught our first fish of the season, I caught one good sized bass and a few small ones, and Courtney caught one small one, she’s got the pic of the big one on her phone but here’s some of the small ones we caughtIMG_0532.jpeg.5cc4d1e1ac273c1939a4ae6b53a1a3f3.jpegIMG_0533.jpeg.cb2aed9140579e7e89bd44d754f5b642.jpegIMG_0534.jpeg.1a6b037efe811c17e60eae37f737d382.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

8ntruck
Posted (edited)

We spent the last three days with the high school robotics team I mentor.  We have two teams, the junior team made up of freshman and sophomores, and the senior team, made up of juniors and seniors. 

This is the 3rd regional competition we have attended.  There were 42 teams completing there. 

The junior team went undefeated through the qualification rounds.  They ended up being the alliance captain for the #3 seated alliance.  Their winning streak continued through the 8 alliance double elimination finals.  Winning this regional qualifies them for the world championships to be held in 2 weeks in Houston. 

In the first 15 seconds of each match, the robots execute a pre-programmed routine to move, pick up game pieces and score them.  The junior team's worked very well.  It scored 4 playing pieces in all but maybe 1 or 2 matches.  This won them the Autounmous Award.

The senior team did not fare as well.  They fought some mechanical and electrical bugs throughout the meet.  They kept after it, swatting the bugs as they came up.  By the end of the qualification rounds, they had the robot at 100%, climbing from a #33 low ranking up to a #5 rank.  For finals, they were chosen to be a member of the #1 alliance.  They lost in the 2nd round of the finals, dropping them into the lower bracket.  There, they were eliminated in the 4th round by the #2 alliance.  The #2 alliance was eliminated by the #4 alliance, who met their ellimination at the hands of the junior team.

The senior team did win the Excellence in Engineering Award. 

The senior team is currently ranked as #134 worldwide out of 3500 teams, and the junior team is currently ranked at #177.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2

Horse Newbie

Cut my yard(notice I did not say grass). Grady didn’t like me getting buried up in the wet part of the yard between our two houses( actually the wet places is mostly in his yard) so I am only cutting to my line now.

Then I took the Wheel Horses out for a neighborhood romp…

IMG_3705.jpeg

IMG_3706.jpeg

IMG_3707.jpeg

IMG_3708.jpeg

IMG_3701.jpeg

IMG_3702.jpeg

IMG_3700.jpeg

IMG_3699.jpeg

IMG_3698.jpeg

IMG_3697.jpeg

• Excellent 5

Ed Kennell

IMG_3697.jpeg

OK, where do you get the invisible paint you used on your decks?         They do make a nice cut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Beap52

Ribeye, potatoes in aluminum foil and mushrooms for supper.  Mom is in charge of mushrooms, I grilled steaks and cooked the potatoes on Green Egg.  Great to see mom doing better.  If you remember, she had major surgery a few months ago following a mistake during a biopsy.  This is the first mess of mushrooms I've found in several years.  I rode my electric bike and found them along the "railroad to bike" trail.

20240413_153220.jpg

• Like 5
  • Heart 3

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

IMG_3697.jpeg

OK, where do you get the invisible paint you used on your decks?         They do make a nice cut.

@Ed Kennell,

Funny, I was thinking as I took those pics…

”None of my Wheel Horses have had an attachment reinstalled on them since I spruced them up. The deck(48” SD) for the 520H needs just a few little parts before it will be complete after the restoration of it.

The deck(42” SD) for the GT-1600 still needs a complete overhaul. The GT-1600 also came with a mid mount scraper blade that I need to paint.

Shameful ain’t it…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Horse Newbie

@Beap52,

So glad to hear your mother is doing better!

God is good, and God is good all the time!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie

After cutting the yard, and taking the two Horses for a romp around the neighborhood, I washed Libby’s car… then blow dried it…

IMG_3709.jpeg

IMG_3711.jpeg

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3713.jpeg

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3717.jpeg

IMG_3716.jpeg

• Like 5

8ntruck

Nice day here.  About 80 degrees.  Got restarted on my porch project by cleaning bricks until my back told me to stop - only got 40 done.  Tomorrow, I will make my makeshift table (plywood on sawhorses) a bit taller.  'Only' 200 or 300 more bricks left to clean.

• Like 4

rjg854
13 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

@Beap52,

So glad to hear your mother is doing better!

God is good, and God is good all the time!

:text-yeahthat:

rjg854
13 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

After cutting the yard,

If you don't have decks on your :wh:'s, what are you mowing the yard with  :scratchead:

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
1 minute ago, rjg854 said:

If you don't have decks on your :wh:'s, what are you mowing the yard with  :scratchead:

I use a HDS 2166 Cub Cadet…

I am curious about, and wanting to see how the overhauled 48” SD Wheel Horse deck will do on the yard.

But like I said, I have a few more little pieces to finish(deck height adjustment rod), rubber bumpers on it before I can use it…

And besides, I’d rather wear out the Cub and save the Wheel Horses.

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

After 2 Weeks ago we again had some troubles with the Sleeper.

2 new shocks on the rear, new exhaust because the old was fallen off, 

at least again the dang Haldex and finally troubles with the valve steering and few minor problems....

because of all the troubles comes up in 4 weeks combined and time between failure become allway’s quicker more and more,

we decided to sent him to retirement.

So Kati needs a new Car. We looking for a better Car for the Dog and we decide to get her a Dogcatcher minivan.

E5A16FD3-92E4-4EDF-8D99-9CD37A081ED7.jpeg.10d445a9f89a83bebbb3ec1b6e594a3a.jpeg

So we bought a brand new Nissan Townstar for LEO and Kati is allowed to drive him.

😎😂😂

Because i have now little bit more time on my Handy i decorated my Subaru a little with PIAA LED Spots.

I got them relatively cheap, so i decided it is more my Sytle and the subi didn‘t look so Unadventurous.

CC6DBC78-8A3E-4F50-9590-7823BC542716.jpeg.3f04464c57a13bfe7eac46091f0ea2a8.jpeg

the best thing is they be so dang bright and give me good widerange eyesight even on fawn searching in the night.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell
6 hours ago, rjg854 said:

The decks are on there Randy.    You need these special glasses to see thru the invisible paint.   

I could send you a pair for $79.95 + $29.95 S&H.   PM your address and bank account routing number and I'll fix ya up.

• Haha 8