Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

OldWorkHorse
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

If'n you don't like it... Bring it over here. I'll inspect it for you. 

Sold! Lol bring it over next trip. 

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Surprizes the whole week.

Heavy rain and hail hit on TU our shop at about 16:00, fortunately only slight damages.

1FEBF2B4-4703-4912-B74C-C619991FC8B3.jpeg.6d60cb3355a709bfc4993b4bd5a6a71b.jpeg

F2191393-4A4E-462C-A394-72B80B9CE98C.jpeg.38c6d36968556c307f6e3fbcc151ecb4.jpeg

Yesterday at 13:00 we sit with a coffee at the Balcony and decide what to do at afternoon,

we see a calves herd they running straight to the Road.

I see no Fella arround and decide to catch them to prevent a disaster.

9A4E0474-4373-4BA2-868B-3815E01D49FF.jpeg.cb2f975b14f0440b6b0e0d27e54cee2d.jpeg

They seem to be lucky to see a Person, and 

et directing them extremely easily to the Shed.

I give mart‘l a call, if he missed few maybe.

He started immediately a roundcall to find out who‘s the Owner.

52259380-D6E0-47CE-B0F7-CA47E55B588F.jpeg.7c2da4a3a49529bb1a822b1e1148bd8d.jpeg

As a Thanks, the Calves help me at Mowing and enjoy the Grass.

DFDC8DD7-6A8B-442D-9043-77B7E705241C.jpeg.296684ff3d7aaf3c7a6f28992d7f7d7f.jpeg

Mart‘l jokes me if the owner wouldn‘t be found within a Day, the Calves would be mine. 

He meant hey ya have now a huge Areal, you just must take care of them and pray the owner will be found.

He uses his honest facial to joke me - and yes he had Success.:lol:

E77BD85A-D53C-4752-9181-CC07F895E631.jpeg.76dc8c7a57d5d556cdcb8cedf7b277c0.jpeg  E5FA5C3A-4867-4D04-861A-C37E182ABA47.jpeg.7bbda3747f6fc73899216f1727df7160.jpeg

The Calves can be easily directed in a Save Area, we use 2 wires to keep them in until their Owner was found.

10 Trailer‘s later all 22 Calves be back their home save. Another Country Story what just can happen outside any City.

They be running 80Km far from their Home just to visit me. I like them and i decide i will may be visit them once with the Wheelhorse.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 4

ohiofarmer

Getting a horse hauler ready to hit the road. This truck, a 1994 short bed dodge Ram 1500 has about 160K miles and has been sitting. The fact that it was given to me makes it worth a chance at repairing. So $750 later, it has a complete diagnostic performed and the transmission fluid completely changed. He also replaced a crankshaft position sensor, which is why it did not run. Used vehicles [especially pickup trucks] on the cheap side are probably twice he money they were a year ago. The service tech said it was worth $4000 the way it sits.  It still desperately needs ball joints at the least and i am thinking also rubber suspension bushings and new tie rod ends. Probably another $600 parts for that. Then some rusted brake lines and turn the rotors and brake shoes. It's still at his shop until the insurance covers the truck.

I had an interesting discussion with the service tech at which time the 1991 Ford 250 Diesel came up. He said that probably if that engine had a bent rod from fuel hydrolock that the rod and piston could be removed and the lifters   removed from the valves on one cylinder so the valves remain sealed [and a return line on the fuel -to injector line] and the thing would probably run fine on seven cylinders.  That truck is for sale for a thousand dollars and it would be a good risk for someone who has a worn out body with a good engine. Probably worth at least $600 for scrap due to its weight.

These might be tough times coming and the fella who can turn a dime into a dollar will make it while others will go through all kinds of stress.  Think of how it is when the power goes off. weeping and gnashing of teeth with a 24 hour news feed if you can keep your phone charged. For the Amish, just another week

Got back from another rustlin' trip to that state up north.  Sylvan Lake Michigan natives were warned that a buckeye would be loading up a few items, so at least i figured all the guns pointed at me still had the safety on and trigger fingers out of the trigger guard.  It's pretty hard to securely tie and brace two decks in a Rav4, but my lovely wife helped a bunch.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 4

Stormin

In the field opposite me, a lot of tree/branch felling has been going on. With luck all the suitable log timber will find its way over to my place. :handgestures-fingerscrossed: So today I've been trying to make some room for it, cutting and splitting some from the heap I already have. I know I will not get much more in my wood yard, Be 3 - 4 ton there already, but I have a plan.

A contractor landed up with a big JD with a topper on the front and topped about 40ft in round the sides. After he'd gone I had a ride round the perimeter on the Sears GT16, then down to the end of the bridleway and back. The weeds, grass, nettles etc are up to shoulder level. Can't think why no-one but me uses it. :D A front mounted  flail mower or sickle would be handy to keep it clear. But maybe not. Don't want any Tom, Dick or Harry using it.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 5

Tractorhead

Sounds like you be prepared for the next Winter Norm

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I was noticing my central air wasn't flowing like it should.  Checked the furnace filter and found it needed a change.  What a difference a new filter makes, and I do change them regularly.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3

Jeff-C175

Some "Closure" on my garage renewal, well, at least the window part.  Going to finish up the final painting of the sashes today.

Those shutters are more 'salvage' material made from another set of bifold closet doors cut down.  Even the hinges are salvage. 

image.png.ceb77859c349918883ed7fb977296ba8.png

Next  up is repairing that rotted soffit.

Unfortunately, the little 'ducky' faucet that my honey brought home has 'bit the dust'.  It wouldn't shut off, at all.  Turns out that the screw that holds the washer was MISSING.  I thought it would be in the hose but nope... not there.  I'm wondering if it ever even WAS there.  And, in all my junk, I did not have a dang METRIC screw for this!  So for now, it's on the bench waiting for me to re-tap it to SAE and use a screw I DO have.

image.png.24c8f025a582e9510c7ad20a8a94cbf3.png

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Stormin

Well three of the tractors had a workout today.  First got the C-81 out and trimmed along the pond with the sickle bar.  That provided a full trailer load of rubbish for the Sears GT16 to haul away down the bridleway. Next it was the turn of the C-125 for mowing duty. Verges and green.

P1030675.JPG.e847dad27c26fac97b176ea992661503.JPG

P1030676.JPG.f9a98b0f89f1514eba34922038a4b487.JPG

P1030677.JPG.bd8e3e5b9271dec381d49cbc7bfc122b.JPG

P1030678.JPG.85c8db87ecca8ba64dd3cd1118a4642f.JPG

The BMW coming along in the first photo' is the farmer who is renting the field. Excellent timing. We had a chat and I can have all the wood I want.  "But don't take to long," he said. I know what I'm doing next week. :D

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 9

Stormin

Into the field this morning about 10. Got three loads before lunch and one after and it nearly killed me. Didn't help with everything being piled up. Bit of a fight getting to the good stuff. What's that saying? Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid day sun. 72F. I should know better at my age.

Four loads like the one below.

P1030679.JPG.3834c69e169decb7e2ec23c03e999632.JPG

The box on the back of the Sears is just the right size for chainsaw etc.

P1030680.JPG.c69be12fb6a72b6e271e91bddb63e042.JPG

The wood did fight back a bit.

P1030681.JPG.0763d1d0d6f8356fe795ca191edd6af6.JPG

If I'm not asked to go to the farm tomorrow, I'll get some more.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Sad 1

Tractorhead

@Stormin Norm, i believe you need urgently a Backhoe to collect...😎

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Well done Norm. 

Wheel Horse 3D

Dig Dug had a good workout this afternoon till dark! Graded and put down a little extra gravel in the mouth of Dads driveway, then did a quick scrape down of some winter humps in mine.(try to convince folks always run on top of the humps to squish em back down, but people are such critters of habit, once the find a line they like they stick to it)

SmartSelect_20210628-213629_Google.jpg

Awful nice to have dreaded back breaking labor turned into fun tinkerin!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

6Got home, checked Dugs fluids, and went to start...nothin! Yesterday i noted a puff smoke when I shutdown, an I had refilled just a little before then. So since Dug had been running just fine, I figured fuel issue. Pulled the line from the pump, into a scrap can drained the tank, flush line with some from my favorite can, reattach line, and add the last from my can to the tank.couple squirts of starting fluid to clear everything out, and were back in business!

Man i love these things!

While i was at it I adjusted the carb a bit and got better throttle range and a nice low idle, nice and smooth at high idle! Now off to the lab for some painting! Below are pics of the upgraded bucket pivots and the results of a little more driveway scraping!

20210629_205005.jpg

20210629_205034.jpg

• Like 4

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

start...nothin

You have a primer bulb in there?

Wheel Horse 3D
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

You have a primer bulb in there?

Nope, but would be easy to add an inline.

• Like 2

Stormin
7 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Nope, but would be easy to add an inline.

Do it. :handgestures-thumbup: I have primer bulbs on the Black Horse and the C-125. Really make a difference if they've not been run for a few days or more. The C-81 will get one some day. That really takes winding up.

Wheel Horse 3D

Dug has never been difficult to start even after a couple weeks, just in this instance the corrupt fuel was filling the pump and carb.

Stormin

Got a couple more loads of wood out of the field this morning, before the sun got out fully.  In the afternoon set up the log splitter in the workshop doorway. Nice and cool there. Split some big knotty lumps that had been lying in the wood yard and some smaller logs. That was three barrow loads. Now I have to find somewhere to store them. All my ready logged storage is full.

• Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
43 minutes ago, Stormin said:

before the sun got out fully

image.png.6e646aebc5d20cdff836d4491f9b2422.png

I stayed inside.

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D
3 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

image.png.6e646aebc5d20cdff836d4491f9b2422.png

I stayed inside.

Yikes!

Jeff-C175
4 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Yikes!

Notice the 'trend' arrow?  pointing UP?  That was at 1 PM.  It got up to 102.9 about an hour later before the arrow started pointing down again.  And, the outdoor sensor is IN THE SHADE!!!!!

Back in the 70s, that was my favorite FM radio station!  WNEW-FM and my girl... "Allison Steele, the night bird"

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

I did notice that! Man that's warm for that far north.We got into the high 90's a couple days ago, yesterday was low 90's, today finally a little rain.

Great thing about our house, its kinda tucked on the east side of a spur. So we get morning sun, midday sun, but by around 1630 or 1700, we've got shade.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Stormin

74F is enough for me. That was today.

Edited by Stormin

Wheel Horse 3D
1 minute ago, Stormin said:

74F is enough for me. That was today.

Nice!

elcamino/wheelhorse

Had to pick up one of the Volvo's from the shop about an hour ago . Windows were left down , so it would not be so hot. Gauge indicated 109 degrees. My drawers were wet by the time I got home even with the A/C on the coldest setting and fan on high.