Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Jeff-C175
27 minutes ago, pullstart said:

He left his gloves in my truck though

I went way out of my way (about 40 miles) one time, a LONG time ago to help a fellow human out.  He thanked me profusely, offered to pay, I said no, we parted with a handshake.

When I got home I saw his jacket in the back seat.  I only knew him as "Scott".  No ID at all in the jacket, but there was a wad of cash, about $150 bucks.

There was no way I was gonna ever find him again to give his cash back and I wondered if he did it intentionally.

Another time I picked up a hitch hiker in Ohio, drove him all the way to NJ, dropped him at the train station in Edison.  He said his name was "Dick".  This was around 1971-1972 or so (maybe even earlier)

Other than 'small talk' about him being in a band and what not, I didn't know who he was.  Later that year I found out when I went to a J Geils Band concert... there he was on stage.

None other than the "Magic Dick":

image.png.5674e772e428fdf18b178bc48bc8283e.png

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

We’ve only helped with one hitchhiker... and kind of by accident.  A young lady and her daughter.  It was surely a strange night.  If we ever meet, you can ask me about it then :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tractorhead

Begin a build for a A0B63BC7-D75B-409B-A379-925845CA3DD6.jpeg.61f11c9976d929eb0e2a84f2dd7df4e5.jpegStairway to heaven

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
3 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Begin a build for a A0B63BC7-D75B-409B-A379-925845CA3DD6.jpeg.61f11c9976d929eb0e2a84f2dd7df4e5.jpegStairway to heaven

Will that be a stairway so you can  climb up onto your "Monster Truck Wheel Horse" ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tractorhead
6 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Will that be a stairway so you can  climb up onto your "Monster Truck Wheel Horse" ?

Hey i‘m over 50.

So i must be prepared to climb onto the Horse even if i can‘t..😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

helped with one hitchhiker

We, my 'gang' and I, surely did not 'help' a great number of them!  We were kinda wild and crazy...

There were ALWAYS hitch hikers going between Red Bank and Sea Bright (we called it "The Beach", NOT "The Shore", only the Noo Yawkaz call it "The Shaw".  To the locals, it was "The Beach".)

One of us would hide in the trunk.  The seat back wasn't secured in my car, it could tilt forward.  There were always at least four of us in the car (five counting the one in the trunk).

Sooooo, we would pull over to pick up an unsuspecting hitch hiker.  One of the guys in the back would open the door and get out so the 'mark' would be sitting in the middle.

After we got going again the kid in the back would start wailing... " C'mon you guys!  Let me out!  I didn't do anything to you!  I only wanted a ride to the beach! "

The look on the mark's face was always priceless...  then he would be told,  "Lean forward" and one of us would pick up a tire iron off the floor, pull the seat forward, and proceed to lean over and smack the spare tire two or three times.

"OWWWWW!!!! I THINK YOU BROKE MY ARM!!!! "  and crying...

We would keep this up until the poor kid we picked up was on the verge of tears... then all bust out laughing and laughing...  Then we would take him to where ever he wanted to go.

No one ever reported us to the police as far as I know, but today we would be locked up for sure.

I know... it was cruel and unusual treatment and yes, we were bullies, but we never hurt the kids other than possibly emotionally, and we never really kept it up for very long. Just long enough to teach them the lesson that they shouldn't hitch hike.  The kids that were brave enough to hitch hike generally were tough enough to endure a practical (or not so practical) joke!

I'm not too particularly proud of it, but alas, I do still get a good 'inside chuckle' about it.

And don't let me hear one of you say: "THAT WAS YOU!  YOU B4ST4RDS! I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE BECAUSE OF THAT!"  :wacko:

p.s. some of the kids we actually became friends with afterward!  "How to make friends and influence people"  ha ha ha

p.p.s. one of the kids was a 'rich kid' from Rumson.  His father was a local politician.  He owned a Donzi and we spent several summers for years after on that AWESOME speed boat picking up girls and water skiing.

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell
19 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

The seat back wasn't secured in my car, it could tilt forward.

Yep, mine also.   But I used this to reduce the cost of the drive-in movies.     Two full fares in the front seat and 2-3 freebies  in the trunk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yep, mine also.   But I used this to reduce the cost of the drive-in movies.     Two full fares in the front seat and 2-3 freebies  in the trunk.

Blankets are good for that too. 

Stuff a people or too behind the front seats in where ya feets go. Lay old blankets down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jeff-C175
21 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Stuff a people or too behind the front seats in where ya feets go. Lay old blankets down. 

Operators at our local drive-in were hip to that trick.  There was a guy with a flashlight at the toll booth.  He also looked for illicit alcoholic beverages and underage drinkers.

• Like 3

Tractorhead

Doing again my beloved joke at the filling station.

Fill up the car to max. 

Get a Carwash

Go in with my checkcard in the sleeve in and pay by just touching with the arm onto the Cardreader.

stumbling to myself so loud others can hear

„Dang - how cool is that, the last shot must contain a chip like they told it really works and i wouldn’t believe.... that’s really freaking cool“

An enjoy the looks from the others they can hear..😂 while i was waiting for the carwash portal.

while i wait outside for the carwash portal to be ready, the previous customer rides out and do a stop so that no other car can move in or out and check his car for whatever reason. Firstly i thought he had a damage but than....

it appears newer car and the owner sniffs a lot while check it, therefore i increased my distance to safety 4 meters and tell him he would be please so kind to release the portal and move his car outa Way he is not the only one customer for the day.- ( what an idiot)

it depends a second friendly pleasure and he moved his car 3 meters away so others can drive into carwash portal.

While my car wash begin’s i see the idiot how he discuss with himself that the result of the carwash was a massive blame

and some other blah blah....

than he had a hurry in a explosive sneeze, but in first step he rip the mask of his face maybe in the hope not to contamine it.

glad i was moved before 4 meters away in luv 😷

- hey that works, the fresh washed car was a candidate for a second turn...🤪😆😂

that makes my Day...

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Tractorhead said:

with my checkcard in the sleeve in and pay by just touching with the arm onto the Cardreader.

stumbling to myself so loud others can hear

„Dang - how cool is that, the last shot must contain a chip like they told it really works and i wouldn’t believe.... that’s really freaking cool“

An enjoy the looks from the others

That's just funny. 

• Haha 2

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Doing again my beloved joke at the filling station.

Image result for wild and crazy pictures       One more Wild and Crazy Guy.

• Haha 4

Mickwhitt

Sorting out some photos from my old i phone I found a few of interest.

Before I had a wheelhirse I built a tank!

Well model tank. 1/6 scale, all metal, weighed more than me, fully powered and radio control.

IMG_1962.JPG.e5b3ef3850854618d706047e38165b2f.JPGThis is it sitting in the garden, looks impressive enough.

But I took it indoors while SWMBO was out shopping one day. 

IMG_1958.JPG.f87b3845378f960410226c9b176a0bea.JPGNo big problem other than the track marks on the carpet gave me away and I got a good talking to lol.

Five feet long is a bit big so it had to go in the end. 

Mick 

• Excellent 5

Handy Don
3 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

IMG_1958.JPG.f87b3845378f960410226c9b176a0bea.JPG

No big problem other than the track marks on the carpet gave me away and I got a good talking to lol.

Five feet long is a bit big so it had to go in the end. 

Mick 

Any of the weaponry functional?  Nerf darts maybe? :lol:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Any of the weaponry functional?  Nerf darts maybe? :lol:

Nerf????

Nah....

Gotta do a proper 70s vintage lawn darts!!!

• Haha 1

Handy Don
32 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Nerf????

Nah....

Gotta do a proper 70s vintage lawn darts!!!

Talk about needing safety decals! (to tangle two threads...)

• Haha 1

Mickwhitt

The tank has an audio system with recorded engine and weapon sounds. The main gun was amazing and some guys fitted 12 gauge blank firing mechanisms. But I'd need a firearms certificate for that so I didn't bother.

Took four years to build but I did manufacture a lot of highly detailed parts myself to improve on the basic kit. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie

Finished getting @oliver2-44 's 953 ready to ship...posted some pics and videos on the "Haulin Help" topic thread

• Heart 1

tom2p
8 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

The tank has an audio system with recorded engine and weapon sounds. The main gun was amazing and some guys fitted 12 gauge blank firing mechanisms. But I'd need a firearms certificate for that so I didn't bother.

Took four years to build but I did manufacture a lot of highly detailed parts myself to improve on the basic kit. 

that's a cool tank !

we have a similar tank 

my youngest kid was into tanks and wanted a big tank - and I got this tank at a local flea market 

it has a simulated engine noise and fires ammo 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Put up a couple more truckloads of oak and some walnut with my Husky saws and Fiskars axe

In the red area, I realized there are a couple piles of tops I can whittle on!  Firewood glory hole!

6D2ACD32-0E32-4CC7-A3F6-09D9100F59D9.jpeg

5BCA829E-FC58-47FB-B734-789D37C39D6C.jpeg

• Like 3

Stormin

I was going to post about my log splitting efforts today. Don't think I'll bother now. Wouldn't want to put Kevin to shame. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

Handy Don

I didn't cut or split or haul or stack any.  Burned a bunch though! :lol:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I hauled some wood and took the big shoes for a walk. 

102_2710.JPG.a11cec2c6ca1650b915c33e554d21441.JPG102_2708.JPG.c23ba8b0b2e4daffd86c5411d01e8961.JPG102_2707.JPG.45b9f342e1aa16e7150db60a14cc60a1.JPG

• Like 6

Pullstart

I drove around a while this morning, cleared my 5 driveways around town and coming back for some grub!

• Like 2

Stormin

Did a bit of wood cutting myself.

This is the tree I felled a two or three weeks ago.

P1030533.JPG.69978779813abc7cb68812a67bf177f0.JPG

Bit of work with the chainsaw, splitting axe, splitter and saw bench.

P1030535.JPG.cb6a94583b7b0904295d48009b8995f3.JPG.

Result. Full 3x8x5ft cage.

P1030537.JPG.c90aeaf7ed9d6eef399d7bff04cb2e65.JPG

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 5