Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Stormin

Had to get a new battery for SWMBOs Mazda 2. After over 12-13 yrs the original decided it didn't like the cold weather anymore.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Had to get a new battery for SWMBOs Mazda 2. After over 12-13 yrs the original decided it didn't like the cold weather anymore.

I'd say you done okay there Norman. That's definitely among the longer-lasting batteries I've heard of.

OldWorkHorse

Picked up a little bit bigger grinder then what I already have for some metal a little thicker then I normaly cut for the 1257 project. Now to find some body armor #safetyfirst :geek:

20210105_145042.jpg

• Like 4

Mickwhitt

Made a lens adaptor sleeve for a night vision camera today.

Cheap Chinese unit that woukd not focus because the tube supplied was too short.

IMG-20210105-WA0000.jpeg.3a3c34f1a8e782d821bd6643639f06e2.jpegThe silver bit is what I made, male thread on one end and a female thread on the other.  0.75mm pitch x 35mm 

20210104_182142.jpg.d4740cfddf03eb64a3320d91f2ebd1f0.jpgA nice lathe project for a cold, damp day. So I did another littke turning job, a bronze bush for the lift arm pivot on the wheelhorse.  

I was looking at the solid link ides to replace the lift chain and noticed the pivot bar was loose in the frame.

Where does the long link go by the way? Between the plow frame and the point where the lift chain attaches? So the pivot arm is out of the equation altogether. 

Mick 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Mickwhitt said:

So the pivot arm is out of the equation altogether. 

Mick 

Yes Sir.   I usually tie mine up out of the way.

Mickwhitt

Thanks Ed, I saw a diagram in here somewhere but can't find it again, it showed the set up clearly.

I'll have to keep on looking.

Mick 

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yes Sir.   I usually tie mine up out of the way.

Thanks Ed, I saw a diagram in here somewhere but can't find it again, it showed the set up clearly.

I'll have to keep on looking.

Mick 

Trina and I don't mow with our Horses so we don't even have that pivot arm on the tractors. 

We just run the solid link from the outer or second hole of the rock shaft to the plow. 

Mickwhitt

Eric, I thought that's what i had seen on the drawing but wanted to be sure. Dies it make the plow any harder to lift as the leverage seems like it must be different? 

I will make up a long link and give it a go. 

Mick 

ebinmaine

Dies it make the plow any harder to lift as the leverage seems like it must be different

Oh no no. 

Not at all. 

I've done both and didn't notice anything. 

That down pressure is VERY helpful almost every storm here too. Dogs in where you need it. 

Of note:

Keep your hand/arm/left knee AWAY from the lever when operating because it too will be in constant motion. 

Tractorhead

woke up this morning and what do i see, yap SNOW...

yeeehaaaa - Let‘s have some seattime.. 

Dang still no Rim‘s, ok so let‘s have the ride with the 212 Horse.

3B807F7C-55F4-4054-B437-E986C3CD783C.jpeg.dbc72eeba7deb83a631e8f08983a8730.jpeg

2025BD44-9DE1-4FD4-9FB4-12E9DEE44A94.jpeg.9cfe88da927f6dc07716314ae254a3cb.jpeg

While plowing i found the Angle could be a bit sharper.

So fireup the Welder and weld another Nut aside on the mount, to get a better Angle of the Plowshield.

- and again a Testride..

5D29379A-E4A6-49B0-90A8-EEBEEA255E97.jpeg.91d2dabb194f205d373e0c2d3b5ac810.jpeg

Much better !

while i’m in test, i plowed the whole Valley. 😎

Neighbours apprecciate that 😂

They meant i‘m a nice guy, nobody told them i wanna just Play..

But it‘s a Win Win situation on both sides.

51C9F414-6762-4E62-AEA9-EA4D076E1C68.jpeg.87c92e04e042b56dbf2352dd2f14e256.jpeg

Time for a Coffee

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Tractorhead said:

woke up this morning and what do i see, yap SNOW...

while i’m in test, i plowed the whole Valley. 😎

Neighbours apprecciate that 😂

They meant i‘m a nice guy, nobody told them i wanna just Play..

But it‘s a Win Win situation on both sides.

Time for a Coffee

Sehr gut!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Tractorhead said:

while i’m in test, i plowed the whole Valley

It's good to do a full and proper "evaluation"  of equipment.

:lol:

What angle were you at that was not sharp enough? And what did you change it to?

PeacemakerJack

Started a basement framing project for some friends of mine.  They want the finished basement to have a spacious family room and a functional office...

01175335-3134-4339-B1B7-DEBE636C8A33.jpeg.3894ebecf7d61a6e748821bfd8e545ba.jpeg

The existing space was poorly framed, finished with OSB, and was not laid out well.

D03C48B7-6960-4890-9371-2C6299EE6DD9.jpeg.aded6d28720d3a1a62b8fa080b899e21.jpeg

So...the first task at hand was to remove the old stuff.

FAF232DC-F46C-4459-BC40-DA9ABA49E69C.jpeg.5cfe39039b3c9461e9d2ef55592282a0.jpeg

Once I started getting things opened up, the plan of attack became much clearer.

C57911FC-6C47-492F-ABF3-0E365DB85684.jpeg.48ab6ee51d4c27c9d60655285cf8c440.jpeg

Today...framing perimeter walls and start with interior walls.

Last night, I went to my cousin Paul’s and helped him work on his 1980 T/A “Bandit”.

3D544120-E979-41DD-8E4C-1E6DE84D2EDD.jpeg.d7f637244b12dd6a515af1f6d84853fd.jpeg

We began gutting the interior and running a battery relocation kit to the trunk.

0DF305A8-1366-4423-ACA6-591F66A8D3C5.jpeg.018ab4afa61b8d6e9c694354f72b36df.jpeg

Judge (my 10 year old) came along to get in the action and now wants a second gen for himself.  Maybe in a few years buddy!

755F17E2-8C9C-433D-A18D-7EB0DC187A84.jpeg.a1cda9d1fa1bbf1b0176a2cdfc4f633b.jpeg

I located the factory build sheet stuffed in the backside of the rear seat cushion.  That was a neat discovery.  The car was originally sent to Pueblo, CO and was manufactured in the Van Nuys, CA plant.  Paul purchased the car in 1999 in San Diego when he was stationed there with the 3rd fleet.  Overall the car is in good condition and I’m looking forward to cruising with him this summer!👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

now wants a second gen for himself

The boy has a good eye Josh.

One of my favorite cars has always been the early '70s gm, f-body with chrome bumpers. Bow tie or poncho either way. I like them for different reasons.

I had approximately a pile of Camaros when I was younger and one 1975 firebird.

I remember finding a build sheet in exactly the same location you did but I can't recall which car.

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

It's good to do a full and proper "evaluation"  of equipment.

:lol:

What angle were you at that was not sharp enough? And what did you change it to?

First Angle i tried was about 20-24* and it puts alot out on left side,

after i see what happens i released the threaded Lockbolt and give it a try to it sat to max. right while driving in the higher Snow,

What flips the Blade to the max. right side.

So i decided this shall be a good Angle.

than i drive in the Shed and screwed a Nut on the Lockbolt and set the Blade to max. right and welded the Nut on the Mount.

That works now much better nearly all will be dumped now on the right side as long there was not too much on the Plowshield.

i changed the Angle to now about 34* what is the technically maximum i can make.

and it works now like a champ.

The springload blade helps me to keep it in the direction i wanna Plow also on uneven surface.

No added weight, just the 212 Horse and the Plowshield with it‘s own weight and my 75Kilos in the Seat is enough,

even to plow along the Fields.

snowheight was about 10-12cm.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

First Angle i tried was about 20-24* and it puts alot out on left side,

after i see what happens i released the threaded Lockbolt and give it a try to it sat to max. right while driving in the higher Snow,

What flips the Blade to the max. right side.

So i decided this shall be a good Angle.

than i drive in the Shed and screwed a Nut on the Lockbolt and set the Blade to max. right and welded the Nut on the Mount.

That works now much better nearly all will be dumped now on the right side as long there was not too much on the Plowshield.

i changed the Angle to now about 34* what is the technically maximum i can make.

and it works now like a champ.

The springload blade helps me to keep it in the direction i wanna Plow also on uneven surface.

No added weight, just the 212 Horse and the Plowshield with it‘s own weight and my 75Kilos in the Seat is enough,

even to plow along the Fields.

snowheight was about 10-12cm.

The plows we use are the older ones with a three position sector. I don't know what the angle is to be honest but maybe somebody else could answer. Fairly steep.

I find that with more than two or three inches of snow I can only take about half a bite or I lose some of it off the opposite forward side. 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
29 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The plows we use are the older ones with a three position sector. I don't know what the angle is to be honest but maybe somebody else could answer. Fairly steep.

I find that with more than two or three inches of snow I can only take about half a bite or I lose some of it off the opposite forward side. 

0° , 15°  and 30°... 0° and 30° should be the plow blade angles.

• Thanks 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Nice. Thanks Jeff.

I thought it was around 30 or 35 but I didn't dare to say for sure vv

• Like 1

Tractorhead
32 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Thanks jeff, that was good to know, that i‘m not completely out of Range.

@ebinmaine

I decided to mount it not too stiff,  so a little wobble in different angles allway’s can happen, 
but that is definitely a like i like to have that way because of the uneven surfaces i have to plow.

So the blade performs much better than the first Version, that was mounted much stiffer.
On my first try i think it will may be a little too wobbly, but it appears that it is a real good Setup.

Tilt angle works up to 45* if it hit‘s something.
The both springs acts smoothly when hitting anything but they have also a good resistance before the blade tilts.

You definitely have to hit things before it tilts, just snow will not affect much a tilt except it will float the Blade.
That results in a good and smooth feedback if i hit something or just plow Snow.

• Like 2

8ntruck

Got the closet removed, he ceiling tile replaced, new underlayment down, and installed new carpet.  Phase 2 of the remodel essentially done. 

Still need to replace baseboard and molding between the ceiling and wall th both bedrooms.  With the current weather, I'll have to set up an area to lay out the trim for painting in the basement. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

While I was working on the Charger, Trina was messing with some other stuff including putting up (4) new 4 foot LEDs in the basement workshop. 

WOWOW

@OldWorkHorse 

Steve these are the ones off the jungle site. 

Yours will go in the outdoor workshop. 

IMG_20210106_203206763.jpg.ada04a4e6cbbf1a28e44a4f09557ca94.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

While I was working on the Charger, Trina was messing with some other stuff including putting up (4) new 4 foot LEDs in the basement workshop. 

WOWOW

@OldWorkHorse 

Steve these are the ones off the jungle site. 

Yours will go in the outdoor workshop. 

IMG_20210106_203206763.jpg.ada04a4e6cbbf1a28e44a4f09557ca94.jpg

Fairly bright now there.

👍

• Like 1

Pullstart

Making a shower... shed water.  I guess it’s this new idea?  :ROTF:  This German made product is supposed to be waterproof, but I am opting to cast it with Redgard like I did my own bathroom.  A redundant waterproofing is a win in mine and the customer’s mind!

8142C8D6-232E-4442-807E-E5D3CBDEE6E4.jpeg

FA37F1C7-5058-4CBC-8835-F2474DECE14E.jpeg

3A1E4EA3-A2DE-4629-AEAA-B2668FA1E91B.jpeg

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
On 1/6/2021 at 7:59 AM, ebinmaine said:

The boy has a good eye Josh.

One of my favorite cars has always been the early '70s gm, f-body with chrome bumpers. Bow tie or poncho either way. I like them for different reasons.

Agreed.  My second car back in the mid 90’s was a 1979 T/A that I purchased from the second owner. It had 79,000 miles on it when I picked it up. It was equipped with the 403/TH350 combo and was dark blue with a light blue interior.  It was a really fun car.  I’ll have to dig around and find some pictures of it and post them on here.  Ironically it was/is sitting in the next room of the shed from where I took those pictures working on the Bandit.  My cousin bought that blue T/A from me to have something to drive when he came back on leave.  My boys have all expressed interest in restoring it.  The engine and drivetrain are still in really good shape.  The body would need a quite a bit of TLC. We’ll see🤔

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701
39 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Agreed.  My second car back in the mid 90’s was a 1979 T/A that I purchased from the second owner. It had 79,000 miles on it when I picked it up. It was equipped with the 403/TH350 combo and was dark blue with a light blue interior.  It was a really fun car.  I’ll have to dig around and find some pictures of it and post them on here.  Ironically it was/is sitting in the next room of the shed from where I took those pictures working on the Bandit.  My cousin bought that blue T/A from me to have something to drive when he came back on leave.  My boys have all expressed interest in restoring it.  The engine and drivetrain are still in really good shape.  The body would need a quite a bit of TLC. We’ll see🤔

I am on the hunt for either a late 70s z28 or a nice clean mid 80s z28.  Might even trade a tractor collection for the right car

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 2