Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Stormin

Back over the border to do more cladding. First though a pile of dirt to move from the yard. While Dunc got the tractor and trailer, I drove the digger up to the yard. Never operated a digger since I sold mine about 15yrs ago. 

1-1/2 loads and the yard was cleared and levelled. Took the digger back down to the soon to be main workshop, then trailer was loaded with boards and taken up to the carport. Third bay was finished by lunch time. Photo' was taken before we started.

P1030461.JPG.c052553869b2ff126ef48a9a5e8ff24f.JPG

After lunch we started on the back gable end. Hopefully get that finished tomorrow and make a start on the other side.

It's a grand way to spend a Bank Holiday weekend.  :D

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Mickwhitt

Well today, I firstly mowed the footpaths I had strimmed yesterday. I used the roughest old Honda rotary mower and it really did the job. Its a professional mower and despite there being more holes than deck it still worked great. Its now on the bench for a full deck repair and engine service.

Also had a delivery of pigeon from my new shooting buddy. These were just as shot so I had to learn how to de breast them ready for the pan.

Mrs W kept a low profile while I dressed the birds, she is squeamish and woukd not have appreciated the no knife method I used. Yuk!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stormin

Got the first row of boards on the gable end yesterday, but hit a snag this morning. You fit the boards over length then trim to suit the roof angle. Problem was Dunc's hand held circular saw packed up. I'm taking mine with me tomorrow and we'll finish the gable end cladding.

While Dunc treated some of the paving flags ready for the builders tomorrow, I took the sag out of the side batons. Then it was down to the field for more boards. 

We got one section finished on the other side and first row of boards on the middle section. We should have sides and gable end finished tomorrow. Dunc can manage the front gable by himself. The partition at the back for the store room will be done sometime in the near future.

• Like 2

Pullstart

Play date with my favorite kind of cats!

1B5FFB57-5DF6-4DBD-A612-5A057C4D830B.jpeg

B99CB9FD-CD03-45E2-8A31-8056952D387E.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Mickwhitt

You get to play with all the cool stuff Kev! 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

I love that truss work Norm!  So much cooler than anything built here on a normal basis!

• Like 4

Stormin
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I love that truss work Norm!  So much cooler than anything built here on a normal basis!

Both buildings came in kit form, Kevin. The builders doing the house renovations  etc put up the frame works. Dunc and I are only doing the cladding on the carport. He's getting some firm to do the workshop. Which to be honest, I'm pleased about. I'm getting a little past running up and down ladders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SylvanLakeWH

Love seeing that the Black Hood getting a work out!! :ph34r:

(Everyone's :wh: stable should have at least a couple - eh @pullstart...? :ychain:)

• Haha 4

The Tuul Crib

Walking around after work today took the garbage down the hill and looked up and noticed dang!! I got a behemoth by my house. Would like to drop it but it would do damage on the way down maybe!

anybody want to guess how tall this behemoth is?

Oh and it is 40 ft

from the the h😜use !

38176DC8-4C6B-41DA-BD54-08CDC4A08DB0.jpeg

7CC5FF03-8B33-4311-B149-AAB81FF7190D.jpeg

• Like 4

Tractorhead
3 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

Walking around after work today took the garbage down the hill and looked up and noticed dang!! I got a behemoth by my house. Would like to drop it but it would do damage on the way down maybe!

anybody want to guess how tall this behemoth is?

Oh and it is 40 ft

from the the h😜use !

38176DC8-4C6B-41DA-BD54-08CDC4A08DB0.jpeg

7CC5FF03-8B33-4311-B149-AAB81FF7190D.jpeg

Why fear?

get some detonation cord and you’re done 😎

Just need dustpan and brush after...  😎😂😂

oh -  did you plan to do something with that Wood, upps sorry

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

Randy, I’m guessing it’s 60’ taller than it needs to be to touch the house!

Pullstart

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib
16 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Randy, I’m guessing it’s 60’ taller than it needs to be to touch the house!

Yeah I'm toying with either selling it to the local butcher I mean sawmill. Or have it cut up into lumber.  Has to be close to 800 board foot.

great voice !!! Can we build you a bus?

Edited by The Tuul Crib
  • Haha 2

The Tuul Crib

Ready to go back to Hemphill but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Nobody needs a bus right now!!

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, The Tuul Crib said:

Yeah I'm toying with either selling it to the local butcher I mean sawmill. Or have it cut up into lumber.  Has to be close to 800 board foot.

great voice !!! Can we build you a bus?

If they select cut out of a yard, I’m sure it would bring in a good chunk ‘a change!

Voice... tour... you’re a funny guy!  

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib
12 minutes ago, pullstart said:

If they select cut out of a yard, I’m sure it would bring in a good chunk ‘a change!

Voice... tour... you’re a funny guy!  

It's one of these buses is worth at least 1 million by the time we get done with them. 
be safe brother!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Doing some very major cleaning in the shop today...  I haven’t seen these parts of the floor without mess for probably over a year!  My FIL needs his stomp shear and I’m glad to get it out of the building!

7B49894D-A628-42C2-A3DF-E6D631682968.jpeg

85A9C6F4-BFE4-4EE3-B726-EAB2817B270A.jpeg

32B8FE8B-173F-4E75-8A36-4D7A0009E3B5.jpeg

186442E7-0989-4661-92DD-1E5B41DB1658.jpeg

• Like 4

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Doing some very major cleaning in the shop today...  I haven’t seen these parts of the floor without mess for probably over a year!  My FIL needs his stomp shear and I’m glad to get it out of the building!

7B49894D-A628-42C2-A3DF-E6D631682968.jpeg

85A9C6F4-BFE4-4EE3-B726-EAB2817B270A.jpeg

32B8FE8B-173F-4E75-8A36-4D7A0009E3B5.jpeg

186442E7-0989-4661-92DD-1E5B41DB1658.jpeg

Did the same thing at my shop at home and found out that I had a workbench underneath all of it!!

:ROTF:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, The Tuul Crib said:

Did the same thing at my shop at home and found out that I had a workbench underneath all of it!!

:ROTF:

I'm fairly sure I have a work bench as well

• Like 1

Stormin

Rolled the verge in front of the house and next door with the Sears/Roper and home made roller. Next door had the hedges cut yesterday. Tractor and flail. Some nice tractor tyre tracks in the verge.

Mowed the lawn with the Toro walk behind, then green and verges with the C-125 and 36" RD.

Nice relaxing day after four days cladding Dunc's carport.

• Like 1

Lee1977

Got all the trim stained and in place. Had to remove the toe kick under the bar. got that finished also.

SAM-1254.jpg

SAM-1253.jpg

• Like 6

Stormin

Had some cushion flooring, same pattern as that, in my previous abode. It was white though. Good choice of colour, when we lived in an old farm house and had a cobbled yard. Plus a pack of dogs. Ex wife got it when I was away working. Brains were not her strong point. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stormin
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

I delivered the shear yesterday, then went to my weekly golf league.  We’ve been praying for rain but not on the golf course!  It was a rained out flop... but it got me some more shop time to finish the head studs on one side of Norman’s new engine.

B0D3F3AB-D15C-4F7E-8997-8204F8AC5D2C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

After a quick trip into town, it was a workshop day as the heavens started to leak.

I've been cleaning up the SWMs wheels. Did the front one first. Spokes, though not rusty, had a coating of fur. That was removed with emery cloth and wire wool. Very tedious.

The aluminium rims got a brush down with a suede shoe brush. They'll get polished up at a later date.

The aluminium hubs were originally painted. Some had flaked of so the remainder had to be removed. That was done using a narrow scraper, straight bladed screwdriver and small hammer. More tedium.

Front wheel done and it was the turn of the rear one. I was on auto pilot by now. Spokes still to be done.

• Like 1