Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

adsm08

Building a big ol' swingset/tree house for the kiddos. Last one blew over and was damaged too badly. Making it out of real wood this time.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

Should be able to stick a 1054 in there somehow...

64FFF385-42FA-4A0B-A7B9-DFC0C250DBEA.jpeg

• Like 6

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

crazed mole

Something along these lines?

Screenshot_20200502-181938.png.2bb10d06cd879a22fde1c01430211d35.png

• Haha 2

Mickwhitt

Yep that was me!

Today, sunday, I did very little it seems.

Bit of mowing, bit of sweeping, lot of resting lol.

Oh and a lot of looking out for a friends goshawk that decided to take its food off into the wild and not return. Hoping she will put in an appearance today when shes hungry. Shes not been trained to hunt so may return for a feed. 

• Like 4

Dan.gerous

Finished clearing out one of the sheds and refitting it to be my machinery workshop - using my woodwork garage is no good as dust gets into all the machinery parts and my spanners lay in a bed of saw dust etc

It's also an excuse to duplicate some tools :-)

Unfortunately the idiot that built this shed had no idea how to build. Nothing is level, the floor drops about a foot from one end to the other, and about a foot from side to side. None of the walls are plumb, and the construction technique is.... different. Anyway it will do until I bulldoze it next year and build a steel framed triple garage 👍

IMG_20200503_105906.jpg

• Like 3

ohiofarmer

Been working on a workbench/ set of shop drawers for a friend.   Built like a tank and they slide with the greatest of ease. And they use an economy of wood.   These drawers just kept changing designs as we kept them at maximum use without any wasted divisions in height.  Think of how commercial steel work tool chests are built and you get the idea.

The slides are built on the system of utilizing 7mm laminate flooring as it is strong and has a slick surface that slides very easily. The economy comes from using the building wall as the cabinet back and fastening /hanging the drawer guides from that. My buddy went nuts with 24 drawers in a 14 foot unit.

I will try to load some piccs from my cell phone. If that fails, I found the old reliable camera and will take that to work tomorrow.

• Like 2

Mickwhitt

Just as an update the goshawk came home next day. Hungry and confused by the world she returned to the falconer when he called her and waved her lure.

Glad it came good for him.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

Spent 5hrs cleaning and repainting the yard gate. I should have taken a before photo'. It hadn't been done for 5yrs at least.

P1030284.JPG.35bc42ab65b1e7fbb54125543cb66b6f.JPG

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 7

formariz

Buil a 21 feet long beam for client’s pool cabana. It’s going in in one piece 14 feet high. It only fits in shop diagonally.ACBC25F8-CA42-45D8-906D-51D9CCED9E77.jpeg.e596519eb29ed6e3dfa1af2eb493a406.jpeg

10E42FFC-3C8F-4543-916F-7C2979C874B5.jpeg.46f2e4f10afc199c0d6c452a3c86ff13.jpeg

• Like 8

Pullstart

I’ve been helping a friend move this week.  We were able to get some of his/their belongings out of the back barn and I gained a ton of floor space back!  I owe @jabelman some Sears Suburban parts if he hasn’t forgotten his SS project by now but I can at least see the machine now!

299E1E6C-FB3A-473B-85D9-2EA5346B0C7A.jpeg

• Like 2

Stormin

Got bored, so mowed the green etc again. The 32" deck is making a really nice job of it. Dry grass and sharp blades help. But for some reason the mule drive loses adjustment after a while. Been ok for years.

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

here are the promised photos. The tool cabinets are a skeleton frame of sorts. Instead of building a series of boxes, there is the back wall of the shop that cleats are nailed to to set the height of the drawer runners. The runner itself is a 2x4 with a piece of laminated flooring securely fastened to the bottom and the drawer rides on that. The drawer also has a runner of the same material nailed to its bottom.. That stuff is slick and long wearing and the drawers move easily. We placed a 50 pound weight in one and it moves pretty easily. an empty drawer moves extremely easily. Note that the drawer slides between each cabinet are used by the neighboring cabinet.... like a two for one. 

I have more if there is interest. I have two more drawers to hang  making 24 drawer cabinets and two with a swing door combo. this looks rough for now, but it will have a plywood skin added

DSCN1111.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Went to the edge...20200419_192844.jpg.f1f1096cf3435781ad4e41f2e3b76c08.jpg

and there I stood and looked down...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

edge

Where's that at Craig??

AMC RULES

My front yard.

20200507_122825.jpg.bcda2bbe312fceb14f9ce35f69b95110.jpg

• Heart 3

AMC RULES

My home is here.20200507_123753.jpg.ab12775220d5cb6235a360be831119dc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

bc.gold

George a very good friend of mine once called at 6:00 am, i said geeze George do you know what time it is and his reply was yes and you've already missed the best part of day.

He went on to explain that he made all his calls first thing in the morning then got on with his daily routine.

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
33 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

My home is here.20200507_123753.jpg.ab12775220d5cb6235a360be831119dc.jpg

That right there is pretty awesome

• Like 2

ebinmaine
49 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

That's a beautiful sight. Elevational prominence such as that is rare here in northern New England. Some of the largest Whites of course loom large around everything else near them but most of the time there's no more than a few hundred feet from one peak to the next.

Stormin

Been repairing the top of the arch leading into my wood yard and to the pond.P1030286.JPG.7e3f7f285c86ce8b285b12d0c0b6c526.JPG

P1030285.JPG.3a9e6c03ab72839c61d336c110034f4d.JPG

Need to find some wood to make the slats for the top.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977
On 5/7/2020 at 3:18 AM, Stormin said:

Got bored, so mowed the green etc again. The 32" deck is making a really nice job of it. Dry grass and sharp blades help. But for some reason the mule drive loses adjustment after a while. Been ok for years.

I have a mule drive like that it came with my 520.  I have an extra one now but I had though to put some Blue Lock Tight on it. I put the belt off it on another mule drive noticed a bunch of cracks on the v side might have been the cause. Ordered a new belt yesterday.

Stormin
3 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

I have a mule drive like that it came with my 520.  I have an extra one now but I had though to put some Blue Lock Tight on it. I put the belt off it on another mule drive noticed a bunch of cracks on the v side might have been the cause. Ordered a new belt yesterday.

The belt is new.

stevasaurus

The Salmon on Lake Michigan are calling me.  Looks like 2 of us can now go out there fishing.  Just need a good day, and a little getting ready.  Tied some tinsel flies.  :occasion-xmas:

DSCF9303.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

squonk

I guess I need to start taking pics of leaky pipes, bad pumps and broken dish machines :rolleyes:

• Haha 5