Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Pullstart

Well, I live in the country and usually get away with whatever I’d like but happened to acquire enough stuff outside that it set off the township officials and I got cited.  Just a warning… but a good time for a cleansing of stuff that might not even be mine.  Finally out with the race car, in with projects, parts vehicles and a lot of sweeping!  I have a Suburban, Allis Chalmers and Jeep Wrangler to put back inside before too long.  The race car might be here another few days but I finally got it ready for FIL to come get and it’ll be right at the door.  No excuses.  For now, the wood shed will house two vehicles, Jada’s Suburban and it’s engine donor parts truck.  Even though there is no door or wall in the front and rear, it’s under roof and therefore compliant.  

8C81B1E7-7D44-4EA4-BF1E-36F128FAFA75.jpeg

• Like 6

Rob J.

Those laws apparently don’t exist up my way thankfully. While I would not have that problem many people around me would. I’ve seen “blight” laws in residential areas but not in the sticks. Guess it’s time for another barn? 😉😂 If you talk to her real nice……….😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
12 hours ago, Rob J. said:

Guess it’s time for another barn

No, I need to better manage what I have first…. As much as another barn sounds great, I should be able to manage 40x80 for STORAGE and maybe some day put a few items stored in the SHOP back there too!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Moved the GT14 out to work in the barn and it happened to land directly over a hole in the ground….  :rolleyes:

CAC416D0-B551-44D4-A01F-3C600429A0C3.jpeg

F1B03F91-C6BA-46F5-9C57-B1B1167E674C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

lynnmor
6 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Moved the GT14 out to work in the barn and it happened to land directly over a hole in the ground….  :rolleyes:

So when will you report the rest of the story?

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Oooooooohhhh…, PETA gone be mad at you… and the global warming implications are simply disturbing… oh wait, you’re sequestering carbon!!! Great idea!!!

:clap:

• Haha 4

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

So when will you report the rest of the story?

Well I’ve been meaning to run that rig out of fuel… I have a fresh Richie tank waiting for it!

• Like 2

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

it happened to land directly over a hole in the ground….  :rolleyes:

F1B03F91-C6BA-46F5-9C57-B1B1167E674C.jpeg

Them amminals is gonna be upset with you foggin up their living room.  

🐭🐀

• Haha 4

Pullstart

Dang wood chuck!  Quit chuckin’ my wood!  It’s been 40 minutes.  I figure I’ll set an alarm for another 40 or so and cover up the hole for observation.

• Like 3

Rob J.

I got my tire changer(s) all done. Now just have to drill some holes in the concrete and put some drip in anchors and bolt it down. I think it’s going to work out nicely. Little changer is about waist/belly high which gives you pretty good leverage I’m thinking. We’ll see. Giddy up, cheers!

5AD2BE95-2BAD-4130-8EAC-0F8D20EF0451.jpeg

3BD25B34-701A-4862-B5C3-4B05F36845DC.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Rob J.
11 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Dang wood chuck!  Quit chuckin’ my wood!  It’s been 40 minutes.  I figure I’ll set an alarm for another 40 or so and cover up the hole for observation.

Exhaust hose works good I’ve been told. 😉😜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk
On 7/27/2022 at 11:43 PM, 8ntruck said:

replace the lift pump.  

Wonderful!  The house is built on a slab. 

There isn't anything like working on drains when there in a slab! :angry:

Several years ago the hospital I worked at started a new $50,000,000 expansion project. There was no Clerk of the Works. Our lead mechanic had been out for month's during the planning meetings. Only the "higher ups " were included. After all the architect's drawings were approved and bids were accepted construction began. Guess who had to get involved whenever there was an issue? ME that's who. They were putting plastic pipe in the floor of the boiler room for drains. I'm asking, How in the %$#^ is this gonna work? Contractors just doing what the prints say. I raise a stink but to no avail. 3 months after the boiler room is fired up a pipe from a lift pump is sagging and melting from the boiler steam condensate! Well guess what. So is the piping you cant see. But the drains are "Working" so they only replace the pipe from the pump that you can see with iron. Couple of years later the room started flooding. Out of warranty now and management was too scared to get admin involved as it should have been redone from the start. Shortly before I left we marked the floor so it could be jackhammered to replace the piping. I think they still haven't done it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

lynnmor

Here in PA we can't have more than one driveway.

"Normally, only one driveway will be permitted for a residential property and not more than two driveways will be permitted for a nonresidential property. (2) If the property frontage exceeds 180 m (600 ft), the permit may authorize an additional driveway."

• Confused 3

Jeff-C175
29 minutes ago, Andy N. said:

project

image.png.34efc04c29a1f653e195f430421d783c.png

I had a new concrete sidewalk installed.  The roof drains ran underneath it.  The concrete cracked right above the roof drain runs.

Hope yours doesn't!  Wonder why they didn't put the 'crack control' joint directly above the pipe?

• Like 2

Handy Don
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

"Normally, only one driveway will be permitted for a residential property and not more than two driveways will be permitted for a nonresidential property. (2) If the property frontage exceeds 180 m (600 ft), the permit may authorize an additional driveway."

I doubt you'd get a permit for that much impermeable surface as a percentage of the frontage/front yard in our village.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, lynnmor said:

1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

I doubt you'd get a permit for that much impermeable surface as a percentage of the frontage/front yard in our village.

Boggles my mind. 

I (now) have an odd shaped ½ circle loop driveway. 365'  frontage.  2 entrances about 100' apart.  One was an old cart/logging twitch trail from (centuries?) ago. The other was the main drive as the house was constructed. 

When I asked if I needed a permit to connect the two the Code Enforcement Officer nearly laughed.... "Of course not."

The only reason I had to consult the town was to see if I needed a drainage culvert.  I did not.  

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

First trip on the new trail with real live passengers… by all accounts they loved it, but of course noted that speed was “lacking”… They suggest more straitaways to maximize speed….

:auto-layrubber:

After the trail they all loaded up for the trip down to the beach… great day!!! 

:banana-linedance:

E96AC6DC-B553-41EA-91BD-42A67A5BD393.jpeg

72E94D90-2BB3-4E96-BABF-131201721EA3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 4

lynnmor
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

I don’t think that it is about water, instead it is about controlling the number of highway access points.  Of course it is illegal to back out onto the highway so I guess they would rather you stop traffic and back in.  In my case, I made a very large impermeable turnaround suitable for a Super Duty towing a 30 foot trailer.

• Like 3

Pullstart

Hey Sylvia!  They got the feel for the trail!  When do we get to go faster now? :lol:

• Haha 2

Horse Newbie

Been messing with getting my neighbor Grady’s grandkids go cart fit for riding… cut new plywood and put the seat covers back on today…

the top of the backrest part was a little rough around the edges… fixed that with black go-rill-a tape.

4DDCD85A-68D9-484A-A32B-0D0753CA9CA5.jpeg

DD211CEE-04C4-4E31-AAE1-B12646624FF5.jpeg

D9BE5EEA-DB6C-4C1A-8098-09E5E7C3BE43.jpeg

BF31C665-2F13-4FFB-A946-2F94718D23FD.jpeg

FA39298C-464A-4687-A245-4EE408EFFDE1.jpeg

C061CDB9-4350-4B80-BC77-ECBC365C4C76.jpeg

E7CADEB3-8301-4A93-9FE4-D33E8D0A2934.jpeg

2509A218-1F9E-497C-B5C0-FC045868247C.jpeg

7AB142A2-A274-4423-894A-EBAE0ADF4AF2.jpeg

7CD6CC53-F285-4094-ADA8-F2AB84F610B1.jpeg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 4

SylvanLakeWH

@Pullstart

They did go in second gear high after the first trip…!!!

:auto-layrubber:

So fast in fact that my video department (Aunt Sylvanlakewh) was too busy telling me to slow down instead of getting awesome video of terrified (not) kids… :lol:

That is a draw back to the E 141s. They’re so quiet that I can hear the aunts, moms and other assorted bubble wrap types… :hide:

Gotta add some noise…:eusa-think:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Horse Newbie

After the go cart seat work, Libby and me got a little seat time… first since the Big Show !

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Handy Don
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I (now) have an odd shaped ½ circle loop driveway. 365'  frontage.  2 entrances about 100' apart.  One was an old cart/logging twitch trail from (centuries?) ago. The other was the main drive as the house was constructed. 

Large frontage; deep setback; gravel surface.

54 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

I don’t think that it is about water, instead it is about controlling the number of highway access points.  

When I was building my home and discussing driveways with the village engineer, his explanation was that it's about a combinationn of drainage/absorption/storm drain capacity AND limiting the number of parked vehicles. In more built-up areas, of course, curb cuts and entrances matter too, as you note.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 2