The "Speedanza" gets some more parts.

wfrpalm

I think that it is pretty cool!

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

That plow is a work of art!!! 

So is the roller and trailer!!!

:bow-blue:

My :twocents-02cents: - Don't touch that thing with any paint! It is way cool as it sits!!!

Grease it, adjust it, oil it etc. to get it going and then just keep it going... It is a classic!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

My. Word.  That plow is awesome!

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

I wont ever paint it. I wiped it all down with some boiled linseed oil. It still needs more cleaning. There was caked on dried out grease and dirt all over it. Scrapped and power washed alot but needs more. I have to figure out the plow. Dosnt seem like it would push a lot without folding up. I can raise it but only about an inch of the ground. I am thinking with the other tires I can lift it higher. I think of Chitty Chiity Bang Bang when ever I see it. But instead of Chitty... Sh&^y Sh*&Y Bang Bang. Forgot to add I got these tires and rims as well. Havent tried putting them on yet.

20200412_160048.jpg

20200412_160133.jpg

20200412_162531.jpg

20200419_131300.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

D_Mac

@pullstartyou think it will fold up when pushing something? If anyone would appreciate the build of this thing it would be you. I think the guys ideas are great maybe not so much his execution. But hey....... it all works and you wont find another one !

• Like 1

Razorback

That is an awesome machine, and my hat's off to someone's ingenuity. Although my "projects" have never been on such a grand scale, it reminds me of ME when I say to myself, "What do I have on the shelf (somewhere) that I can make this work?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

WHNJ701

I wouldn't mind drinking a few beers with the dude that built that machine 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

Razorback
4 minutes ago, jabelman said:

I like the bicycle sprocket that is used for lifting the front blade (?).

• Like 2

D_Mac

I asked the guy I got them from if he knew anything about the builder. He said the the gentleman passed away in 2018, in his eighties. He was a retired from Gleason Works where he worked as a Maintenance Mechanic. Gleasons made its name in the gear business and now big in fabrication. Explains the tractor. @Razorback That sprocket dosnt do anything be nice if it did. You have to muscle up the blade with the lever. I can only get plow off the ground about an inch. I believe if I swap out the tires I can get the lever back far enough to raise up to the next notch but now the lever hits the wheel and falls short of getting in the next notch. Like I said it started raining when I got the plow home and I only just mounted it. No room in garage to work in. Tomorrow I will see about changing the tires over.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

AWESOME        Is that a brake pad on the tire?     That could get ugly with the chains on.

This may be some of his work.

See the source image

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

ol550

Let's see now, a bicycle sprocket and a chain wrapped around a rear wheel.  Think you need to go back and find the missing parts.  There has to be a connection.

D_Mac

I think at one time it may have lifted the rear hitch and maybe an original plow set up for Speedex. LOL None of this is original. But I am sure it must have done something because what it is mounted to now isnt an original part of the frame. I am afraid there are some parts that got left behind. I see things mounted on the plow frame that line up with those lower brackets on the frame of the tractor. not sure what went there.

• Like 1

JoeM

Its so ugly..... it is beautiful!

I keep looking at it and finding all sort of little cool twist. 

I bet he was one of those that didn't throw anything away. 

Suppose there are any WH parts on it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

I think I recall his name... :confusion-confused:

Rube Goldberg...yep that’s it...Quick inter web search will show you his finer inventions...

Pretty good designer of highly useful machines...!

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

pacer
32 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Rube Goldberg...yep that’s it.

Thats exactly what I've been thinking as I've been following this along ---- yessir, Mr Rube Goldberg would have been proud !!!

Like others -- that thing is is is is ..... delightfully different.

• Thanks 2

D_Mac

@TractorJunkie I am sad to say that I dont think there are any Wheel Horse parts on it. The frame and rear end are Speedex so I guess that makes them step brothers or cousins? I love this thing. The more you look at it the more you see. 

20200418_132238.jpg

20200418_132251.jpg

20200412_162506.jpg

20200412_162515.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 6

953 nut
4 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I think the guys ideas are great maybe not so much his execution.

This may not be too well executed, but it is a true work of art.               :handgestures-thumbupright:

20200419_131300.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Razorback

The modification to the rear wheel drive is interesting. Speedex drives the rear end with a chain to the shaft at the top of that tear-drop shaped drive box. This guy modified it to be driven by those beveled gears.

The chain that is welded to the inside of the right rear wheel was obviously used to drive something. I see a bracket that must have had something mounted there that had a sprocket on it.

It will be fun to learn what was driven by that sprocket under the tractor.

Still looking at pictures........

Edited by Razorback
  • Confused 1

WHNJ701

as awesome as that machine is, looks way better without those hub caps!

• Sad 1

Razorback

Is that a belt-driven hydraulic drive to that gearbox?? Belt(s) coming from the engine!

D_Mac

@Razorback Its a belt from the engine to the gear reducer / worm drive. Not hydro. Oddly enough that is also the brake. You see the slack on the belt off of that pulley. You press down on the left foot pedal and that takes up the slack stopping the pulley = the brake. The lever with the red knob locks in the plow height. The outside shorter lever is foward 1st gear, back reverse. The taller inside lever is back 2nd gear, forward 3rd. They areas I circled in these photos are where I cant figure out. I am most like missing some pieces. Any guesses? The photo with just the plow the areas circled are like cylinders with a hole drill through them. The photo with it on the tractor is that long metal bracket has a hole and a notch in it. That eye ring on the bottom and that other part of the tractor frame that obviously had something bolted to it. They almost line up with the cylinder things on the plow frame.

plow help 1.JPG

plow help 2.JPG

• Like 3

Razorback

Can you get some pictures of the left side of the tractor?

The armstrong lever on the left is similar to my Speedex1631...... it is used to raise/lift the rear implements, the belly mower, and I would guess the front blade if I had one...... is that the one that lifts the front blade only 1"?

Edited by Razorback

ebinmaine

Absolutely AWESOME

• Thanks 1

AMC RULES

Hell yeah, artwork. 

Definitely dig it!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1