Pullstart

Steve the C-81

Pullstart

Seams are welded, hanger is made.

81E4471D-65CE-4D09-9B56-1FA5B5773F74.jpeg

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Sounds like what the original flowmasters were.

No actual muffling, so to speak.

Maybe @WVHillbilly520H Jeff could pop in with the technical description but I don't think they were called mufflers. Maybe resonators?

I'll let this explain it...     https://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories/exhaust/understanding-muffler-design-and-sound-absorption-strategies/   But Flowmasters have "Delta wings" that redirect the exhaust pulses where other mufflers use fiberglass matting baffles and louvered tubes and other processes to lower or attenuate exhaust gas pulse noises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I'll let this explain it...     https://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories/exhaust/understanding-muffler-design-and-sound-absorption-strategies/   But Flowmasters have "Delta wings" that redirect the exhaust pulses where other mufflers use fiberglass matting baffles and louvered tubes and other processes to lower or attenuate exhaust gas pulse noises.

Just read through that.

Very interesting to see how far advanced a sound deadener is compared to a 60s/70s turbo muffler.

Thanks for posting the link.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Lookie who sho we’d up in the workshop... it’s Steve!

I really NEED this attachment to keep some of the field groomed.  We have a family wedding reception out there in September.

8BE3F724-6BFD-4A75-8F48-D9046EC5BB5A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

You could always fab something up that didn't contribute to your somewhat excessive carbon foot print...

Ya know... something like this:

image.png.76faeebc69ef3c77faf5f051fef9da95.png

Just a thought... :D

:ychain:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
40 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

You could always fab something up that didn't contribute to your somewhat excessive carbon foot print...

Ya know... something like this:

image.png.76faeebc69ef3c77faf5f051fef9da95.png

Just a thought... :D

:ychain:

Wheel Horse polo!

• Like 1

Pullstart

I have tried hard to keep this thread about Steve the C-81 and the Implement thread about Edward, the sickle attachment.  It is quite evident that they might not ever part from each other!!  I have sheared two trees nearly 2” diameter, along with many lengths of grass 3-4’ high!  I have found one tree that was too much, but I’ll try it again, slower.  Often times if I am in 1st gear long enough in the thick stuff, it’ll clog up the mower.  2nd and 3rd year in low range is unstoppable in the thick grass, it just keeps on keepin’ on!

Many people praise the 8 horse Kohler.  This one’s only a 7 horse!

Momma seems to be quite pleased with Edward, she has driven Steve quite a bit lately trimming the high grasses and shrubs in search of more berries!

80421C08-5889-4346-8082-689791800F8F.jpeg

725CFC8A-E6AA-4939-9C9B-D31B8B66947B.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

Here is the build thread for Edward.  It would have been fun to adapt this to Putt Putt, but the PTO setup on the C series made for much less headache

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Unfortunately all fun things must come to an end...  this tractor has been parted / sold.  @jeremi3210 and Jacob are building a pulling monster out of it!  Best of luck in the circuit next year guys!

5D962128-FA3C-43C8-B0DB-F74E17755CBA.jpeg

063EA377-0595-46F2-A036-7C7517F05191.jpeg

• Like 1

jeremi3210
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Unfortunately all fun things must come to an end...  this tractor has been parted / sold.  @jeremi3210 and Jacob are building a pulling monster out of it!  Best of luck in the circuit next year guys!

5D962128-FA3C-43C8-B0DB-F74E17755CBA.jpeg

063EA377-0595-46F2-A036-7C7517F05191.jpeg

Gonna start working on it soon! I will let you know how he does!

• Excellent 1