The Tuul Crib

What brand of drive belt do you use?

ebinmaine

What we do here is find the part number for whatever we want and search jungle sites and fleabays til I find the bestest price.

Sam Pasch
2 hours ago, ZXT said:

I'm cheap, so I use cheap belts. One brand I have found on eBay and Amazon is D&D Powerdrive. I've put their belts on 6 machines (not all WH) and have some that are at least 4 years old now, and get mowed with nearly weekly during the summer. No failures yet. 

I've used their belts. They seem to work just fine. My wheel horse has a belt from the local FS. Not sure what brand it is but it work fine for me.

• Like 1

klink

I just replaced the drive belt on my Wheel Horse C-101 8 speed.  I thought I would be smart and order a belt online ahead of time. Well after much confusion on which belt to order, I ordered a Toro/Wheel Horse 106496 V-Belt, which is advertised as a 5/8" X 85". Well guess what when I took the old belt off and measured it, it was a 82" long belt. So I ended up going to an old Wheel Horse dealer ( Parke's Power Equipment, 9801 State Route 103, Jenera, Ohio 45841 USA ) and getting the correct belt, a WH part # 7473 which is a 82" belt. It worked perfect. So moral of the story is measure belt first. The only numbers on the belt were WH 7473.

I don't know which Wheel Horse gear drive tractor takes a Toro/Wheel Horse 106496 V-Belt, but its not a C-101.

Klink

Tractor boy

Tractor supply on the 312-8 and rotary on the 1056. I've had good luck with both brands.

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, klink said:

I just replaced the drive belt on my Wheel Horse C-101 8 speed.  I thought I would be smart and order a belt online ahead of time. Well after much confusion on which belt to order, I ordered a Toro/Wheel Horse 106496 V-Belt, which is advertised as a 5/8" X 85". Well guess what when I took the old belt off and measured it, it was a 82" long belt. So I ended up going to an old Wheel Horse dealer ( Parke's Power Equipment, 9801 State Route 103, Jenera, Ohio 45841 USA ) and getting the correct belt, a WH part # 7473 which is a 82" belt. It worked perfect. So moral of the story is measure belt first. The only numbers on the belt were WH 7473.

I don't know which Wheel Horse gear drive tractor takes a Toro/Wheel Horse 106496 V-Belt, but its not a C-101.

Klink

Klink it looks like that belt fits a Briggs twin

tunahead72

My humble advice, when in doubt, find and use the parts manual to find the correct part number for your application.  Garry @gwest_ca has done an excellent job of finding and organizing manuals for our tractors and their attachments, there's a huge amount of information in them, go here and look around:

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/