Digger 66

Diggers McCulloch hospital ?

Digger 66

A fella I ride the ATV with decided the three boxes of McCulloch chainsaws & parts lying in his basement for the last 15 years , needed to come to my house for a resurrection :P.

This one will get a thorough cleaning , carburetor rebuild , and whatever else I find needs replacing along the way B).

TD9ott3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I'm in

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Sparky

Old McCulloch’s are good saws. 

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Nice Engine, 

if you have it up and running you probably could test it with a Quick built Beerbox runner

like this 👍😎

ok, a chainsaw is useful but a beerbox is maybe more Funny.... 😂

• Haha 2

WHNJ701

I think there's a box in our barn that has 3 or 4 of those saws too that's been there for the last  15 to 20 years too

Pullstart
On 3/28/2020 at 1:57 PM, Tractorhead said:

Nice Engine, 

if you have it up and running you probably could test it with a Quick built Beerbox runner

like this 👍😎

ok, a chainsaw is useful but a beerbox is maybe more Funny.... 😂

Those roads remind me of driving around Koen @C-101plowerpower‘s town!

• Thanks 1

Digger 66

Update :

Wasn't exactly thrilled with the carb kit I got from China ( at the owners request ) but it arrived yesterday .

Manifold gaskets could have been mare accurately cut but , what do you want for 8 bucks and a month-long wait :mellow:.

In spite of that , it came out cool .

Will fire her up later today and set the carb .

qRrOWKL.png

Digger 66

Runs beautiful ! 

First fire on the 4 or 5th pull :music-rockout:

YkWHB79.jpg

Darb1964

I have one just like it, maybe size bigger. My wife and I got for my father in law in mid eighties at K mart. I kept after he passed, have not done anything with it after bringing it home 2013. Think I will dig it out, I gave my husky to a friends son for helping me with few things around the house, to heavy for me now and I don't do wood any more. I miss it, was my time to work out and forget about life's struggles. Now red square is my go to.

Digger 66
6 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I have one just like it, maybe size bigger. My wife and I got for my father in law in mid eighties at K mart. I kept after he passed, have not done anything with it after bringing it home 2013. Think I will dig it out, I gave my husky to a friends son for helping me with few things around the house, to heavy for me now and I don't do wood any more. I miss it, was my time to work out and forget about life's struggles. Now red square is my go to.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help .

• Thanks 1

bc.gold

The McCulloch logo was removed from a fuel tank that came into our scrap yard with a load, there were no other parts.

I carefully cut the logo free from the tank then back filled it with automotive body filler, then used it as my pattern to cast these in aluminum.

I use petro-bond sand in my core box's, this sand is so fine that it will pick up finger prints, it's a nice product to work with it uses oil instead of water as a binder so even an idiot is able to cast metals with out fear of a steam explosion.

This image does not do the casting justice.

mc.png

Edited by bcgold