Sparky

Side shot Saturday... AND SUNDAY !

stevebo

Mike,

I went from about 35 down to 14. As of last week back up to 15🤷. I get thinning the heard as being hard to do. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Mowed with this one yesterday, was going to sell it last fall but after mowing yesterday I think I’ve fallen in love with it again 🙄

Thinning the herd is so difficult :lol:

D177AE47-B301-404D-9D54-5E2D4CE5B5B3.jpeg

Nice cut Mike.       I have a 42 RD that came on a 520H that I flipped.    The new owner didn't want the RD, so put a 42 SD on for him.   I may have to stick the RD on a tractor and see how it cuts.

I only have hydros though and may have to attach a deflector to keep the clippings from being sucked up into the hydro fins.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

…was going to sell it… but… I think I’ve fallen in love with it again 🙄

Thinning the herd is so difficult :lol:

No kidding Mike!!! I am in that process but I feel like the guy you see in the movies that is forced to cut off part of one of his own fingers…it’s easy to think of a lot of reasons why you want to keep each one!😅😁😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sparky
41 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Nice cut Mike.       I have a 42 RD that came on a 520H that I flipped.    The new owner didn't want the RD, so put a 42 SD on for him.   I may have to stick the RD on a tractor and see how it cuts.

I only have hydros though and may have to attach a deflector to keep the clippings from being sucked up into the hydro fins.

It’s a nice cut if the grass is cut early before it gets too long. If I mow a few days too late or have to wait because of rain the RD deck gives a lousy cut. When that happens I break out the 42/SD

• Like 3

Handy Don
5 hours ago, Sparky said:

It’s a nice cut if the grass is cut early before it gets too long. If I mow a few days too late or have to wait because of rain the RD deck gives a lousy cut. When that happens I break out the 42/SD

Must be nice having the luxury of storage to keep multiple mowers on hand! I refuse to store good equipment outdoors (and the executive committee has decreed “there will be no outbuildings”) so, having no more storage, I’m forced to thin before I can add. 

In my experience, the 42 RD really wants to spin fast to do the best cut--especially true if you are running with the recycler shell. I suspect the different airflow in the SDs helps the grass stand up even if it is a bit tall.

• Like 2

Sparky
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Must be nice having the luxury of storage to keep multiple mowers on hand! I refuse to store good equipment outdoors (and the executive committee has decreed “there will be no outbuildings”) so, having no more storage, I’m forced to thin before I can add. 

In my experience, the 42 RD really wants to spin fast to do the best cut--especially true if you are running with the recycler shell. I suspect the different airflow in the SDs helps the grass stand up even if it is a bit tall.

Between the garage’s and the shed I can just squeeze in 10 machines…and that’s how many I have now. I also don’t let any of them sit outside.

I have one leaving next weekend so that’ll make things easier. 

• Like 2

kpinnc
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Had my two beasts out while getting the red Automatic ready for Zagray CT next weekend.  

I just noticed the 160 has had a reduction up front... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

c-series don

Just received about an inch of rain so I figured I was a good time to roll the lawn with the 418-C. I tried this last weekend but the roller axle broke. After some fabrication and welding I was back in business. I can’t complain though because I bought it in 1984 for 20 bucks and that was the first time I ever had a problem with it! 

E8E90002-2FCD-448E-8C57-3FA20A674B39.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, c-series don said:

roller

Ya done alright for the usage on that I guess.  

Neat lookin' roller. Any idea what year it is? 

c-series don

@ebinmaine Other than very, I don’t know exactly how old it is. However I believe it was originally used as ballast on either the Nina, the Pinta, or the Santa Maria? 😂🤣 Also know the damn thing is very heavy! 

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@ebinmaine Other than very, I don’t know exactly how old it is. However I believe it was originally used as ballast on either the Nina, the Pinta, or the Santa Maria? 😂🤣 Also know the damn thing is very heavy! 

4 hours ago, c-series don said:

because I bought it in 1984

Likely "barn fresh". From '83 ...

18... 83... 

• Haha 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Likely "barn fresh". From '83 ...18    1683. 

• Haha 4

WHX??

I should really roll mine. This is a roller that @dclarke built and give to Dan and I. Made from a propane cylinder I think and filled with sand which makes it a chore to move between his place and mine. :) Hi test pillow block bearings!

20200530_091154.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

matt monte

everything in working order. i have a 2nd B50 that i stripped down and is ready for media blasting. i will most likely paint everything and shelf it for a cozy winter build project.  not sure what to do with 308 i put together last year. Cuts lawn nicely but for now its just a backup to the b50 that is daily lawn cutter. scored that on MP for $50 non running. Made a harness, rebuilt carb, green slimed the tires, changed fluids and i think changed choke. I cobbled together a deck. Maybe $150 in her and saved her from the scrap yard. been looking for months for a better deck on the cheap, no such luck. i like SD decks better. Oh well the hunt continues. funny the 312 is set up just for snow. Last summer i traded a 264-6 for the auger. Had to replace all the bearings. I was all set. Of course not any snow for us this year

• Like 2

Sparky
7 hours ago, matt monte said:

i have a 2nd B50 Cuts lawn nicely but for now it’s just a backup to the b50 that is daily lawn cutter. scored that on MP for $50 non running.

Whats a B50? Did you mean B80? 

• Like 2

matt monte

ha yeah typo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kpinnc

Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday... :rolleyes:

IMG_20230504_105058405_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230504_105109829.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Sparky

Loaded for show cruisin B)

655EA5EE-66C7-4147-8EEA-58BB43A8BE91.jpeg

61DB4158-44A4-4D65-BF4E-6588B954A5C3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

kpinnc
53 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Loaded for show cruisin

A trailer load of fun! :thumbs:

• Like 2

TJ5208
On 4/30/2023 at 11:11 PM, WHX?? said:

I should really roll mine. This is a roller that @dclarke built and give to Dan and I. Made from a propane cylinder I think and filled with sandwhich makes it a chore to move between his place and mine. :) Hi test pillow block bearings!

20200530_091154.jpg

How does the sandwiches work:lol:

• Haha 2

sjoemie himself
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20230506_061009.jpg

I mean.. I do know they host drift- and burnout events for cars, but tractors!? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1