stevasaurus

New Addition to the Herd

WHX??

I dump the clutch in high on mine WOT I can get some nice air under the fronts! :auto-dirtbike:

• Haha 6

D_Mac

Just wait until you look underneath and see the belt system. That will sure make you scratch your head. I would hate to try and replace any of those belts ( knock wood ). I was going to sharpen the blades on it but never got around to it. Might be something you want to do. Other then that I cant think of anything it needs. Look forward to the videos !

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

squonk

Yup getting on gravity is your friend and getting off it’s your enemy. 

• Haha 5

Pullstart
25 minutes ago, squonk said:

Yup getting on gravity is your friend and getting off it’s your enemy. 

Have someone pluck you off with Elvis :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Stormin

The getting off videos are an absolute must. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

D_Mac
6 hours ago, Stormin said:

The getting off videos are an absolute must. :handgestures-thumbup:

Ummmmmm that didnt sound right.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

953 nut
14 hours ago, Stormin said:

The getting off :scared-eek:videos are an absolute must. :handgestures-thumbup:

Dismounting!    :text-lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

squonk

My new switch came for Baby Skonk so after a rewire job and a new switch The Briggs 8 fires to life and even shuts off now. Here's a crappy video of my first drive. It's a bit short and I got my fat finger in it but it's a real chore driving one of these whilst filming. Listen close. You may be able to hear me "Speed Shifting" ! :auto-swerve:

@D_Mac

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

WooooHoooo. Success. Purrs like a kitten dosnt it? Glad you got the key working as it should. The other thing that sorta bugged me was the spark plug wire seems awful long. You should always have that little wagon in tow when ever you are taking it out for a drive !!

20191006_135829.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

D_Mac

I love that thing. Its good to see you are using it for what it was made for. I never mowed with it. Just used it as a sidewalk cruiser ! So glad you are enjoying it.

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

stevasaurus

I could tell it was not used for mowing, the 1st time I tried to engage the blades, she quit.  On Sunday, I let her warm up real good and then slowly engaged the blades.  She started out very slow and then was OK...kind of like me getting out of bed in the morning.  I'm going to give the deck and gears a good lube and sharpen the blades.  That should take care of things.  Other then that, she is in excellent shape.  Thanks  @D_Mac  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

D_Mac

Yeah I had told you I didnt do anything with the blades or deck. I had the tranny fixed and rebuilt the carb... changed oil and new fuel lines. Rubbed it down with linseed oil. What are your plans for it if any? 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Actually, I plan to lose a little weight so I don't hurt her and just want to mow the yard with her.  I get a lot of thumbs up from the people driving up and down my street when I mow with the 702.  This little horse could double the thumbs up.  :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:  :occasion-xmas:  My yard takes about 15 to 20 minutes to mow...so she will have it pretty easy.  @D_Mac   The videos will show how small my yard is.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

I dont think there is a weight limit listed in the manual so you are good. Pretty sure I was larger then you I was 6'5 345 lbs when I got it. I was riding it then. And yes that was after the tranny was fixed. I never got to ride it before it broke so it wasnt do to my weight !!! After my surgeries and radiation and everything I dropped to 265 lbs. Hardest thing about that little REO is that it sits so low to the ground, like a go-cart. The Work Horse that @squonk got the seat sat a good 6 inches or so higher. Much easier to get on and off.

20191007_175414.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

@D_Mac  I am looking at raising the seat up about the width of a 2 x 4.  I think I can do that without drilling any holes.  That would make the right difference.  I did figure out a way to get up out of the horse without looking like it is my 1st time.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

squonk

I sat on it whilst it was in my shop. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to get off of it. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

Well, I lifted up the front and had at the mower deck.  Sharpened the blades, they were not bad at all.  Lubed the spindles and gears and oiled what ever I could see that moved...including the steering linkage.  She steers real nice now.  Maybe a video of the front yard mowing tomorrow.  :occasion-xmas:

DSCF9300.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

squonk
On 5/1/2020 at 5:50 PM, stevasaurus said:

Well, I lifted up the front and had at the mower deck.  Sharpened the blades, they were not bad at all.  Lubed the spindles and gears and oiled what ever I could see that moved...including the steering linkage.  She steers real nice now.  Maybe a video of the front yard mowing tomorrow.  :occasion-xmas:

DSCF9300.JPG

My. What a nice clean driveway you have! Dangerous leaving a loaded grease gun laying around! :lol:

Edited by squonk
  • Thanks 1