hotajax

Small 2-Cycle Engines on OPE

hotajax

From here on out, everything I buy will be Echo, Echo, Echo, and more Echo.  How can you beat a  5 year warranty and a unit that generally starts by the second pull?  Just my two cents. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I've also had a good experience with Echo. I bought a CS 490 chainsaw about 2 years ago and it's been fantastic so far.

• Like 1

midpack

i have an Echo Pro-Attach trimmer and can't say enough good about it. I did not get it from a big box store though, They don't carry the version (PAS-266) there. It came fully assembled, gassed up, and shop tested before they handed it over. I even got the bump head for it. I've had others that were nightmares but this one works flawlessly  :D

I also have an Echo leaf blower that I got for free, the guy said it would only run if the fuel tank was full. looked inside the tank, and the fuel line had come off. fixed that and it's run great for years

• Like 2

Cvans
2 hours ago, hotajax said:

How can you beat a  5 year warranty and a unit that generally starts by the second pull?

I've been a Stihl person most of my life but I don't think you can beat that deal. 

hotajax
4 hours ago, Cvans said:

I've been a Stihl person most of my life but I don't think you can beat that deal. 

To Cvans:  So you're a sailor, too?  Black shoe or brown?

Cvans

Odd shoe. Naval intelligence. 

Couldn't fly because of vision. They wanted me on subs but I said no. 

How'd you pass your time?

Edited by Cvans

WHX??

I was on subs cvans.... you wasn't missing much but I wouldn't  have done it differently.. had quite a career on the surface fleet too.. you and @stevasaurus should reminisce... me thinks he was a spook too.

Signed

IC1(SS) USN retired 

• Like 1

Cvans

I was in an old Diesel electric sub once and being 6' 3" it was not a pleasant experience. Just too darn tight for me and that's why I didn't go subs. They wanted to send me to NT school. I have a friend that was an NT on subs and he has nothing bad to say about them. 

I was only on a ship for about a month. CLG-21  USS Gridley when she took her shake down cruise to Nam. Glad I got to go. Gulf of Tonkin yacht club. Spent most of my time in Japan on an Air-force base. Crazy kind of Navy that Air-force. I don't have any regrets either. 

Glad you got to spend some time in the fresh air. 

hotajax
19 hours ago, Cvans said:

Odd shoe. Naval intelligence. 

Couldn't fly because of vision. They wanted me on subs but I said no. 

How'd you pass your time?

Cvans:  you must be a really smart guy.  Subs and planes?  Only the smart guys get offered that stuff. 

I was on a ship, then I switched over to the brown shoe navy.  They paid for the training.

Cvans
29 minutes ago, hotajax said:

vans:  you must be a really smart guy.  Subs and planes?  Only the smart guys get offered that stuff. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say smart. Actually had a hard time in school. After that things just started to click. 

They didn't offer me planes as my vision was not 20-20. Didn't start flying until later. That Air-Force base was involved in classified operations and a few Naval personnel were there also. 

Lets see here, you were surface vessels, and then brown shoes. I'd say your mother didn't raise a fool. 

When were you folks in? I'm trying to keep the 2 of you straight. 

hotajax
1 hour ago, Cvans said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say smart. Actually had a hard time in school. After that things just started to click. 

They didn't offer me planes as my vision was not 20-20. Didn't start flying until later. That Air-Force base was involved in classified operations and a few Naval personnel were there also. 

Lets see here, you were surface vessels, and then brown shoes. I'd say your mother didn't raise a fool. 

When were you folks in? I'm trying to keep the 2 of you straight. 

I was in just after Viet Nam wound down.  I did in fact go through the lottery like everyone else, but I was really lucky to have a high number.  Be glad you're out.  It really sucks now with all the PC stuff.  When Obama was pres. I hear it was nothing short of misery to be on active duty.  Remember when those pirates tried to hijack a ship off the coast of Somalia, and the SEALS picked off the hijackers?  They made a movie about it?  Anyway, I have a buddy who knew a guy that was working in CIC (Combat Info Center) that night the SEALS picked off hijackers.  He said it was on again off again on again all night long because the civilians in the Obama White House couldn't let the tactical guys handle the job.  Bottom line - you're not missing anything now. 

1 hour ago, Cvans said: