Oldskool

GT-14 A diamond in the rough

Oldskool
17 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Long end of the roll pin forward for drive back for tow.  Return spring hooks to cam plate and the 1/4" bolt just below the cross shaft

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064_LI.jpg

I have the spring installed. Unfortunately the valve is stuck halfway. Also I checked the dipstick and there isnt any fluid on it. What is a replacement for type A trans fluid for them tractors?

19richie66

I made a tab that has a rubber foot/stud that pushes down on the battery. Maybe over complicated but works and holds the hood pin also.

57FAB34F-59C9-48D3-AC10-6C36FA378106.jpeg

01221E0D-9C7C-401F-AF32-A4F36164F96F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Oldskool

@19richie66 nice looking engine bay. That year it that tractor? 

pfrederi

Dex/Merc for fluid

Going to have to free up your tow valve.  Soak it and tap on it occasionally. It is  a port valve remove the big nut and it should pull straight up and out.

DexMerc.JPG

• Excellent 2

Oldskool
6 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Dex/Merc for fluid

Going to have to free up your tow valve.  Soak it and tap on it occasionally. It is  a port valve remove the big nut and it should pull straight up and out.

DexMerc.JPG

So nothing is gonna go flying out when I pull it. You know those little pieces that you wonder where in the heck they went and when you do find the pieces now how does that go back together? 🤔

Edited by Oldskool

pfrederi
Just now, Oldskool said:

So nothing is gonna go flying out when I pull it. You those little pieces that you wonder where in the heck they went and when you do find the pieces now how does that go back together? 🤔

No springs just 2 O rings and a plastic backer ring.

• Excellent 1

Oldskool

Getting real close now. I got the vale to turn. Now figure out how the throttle cable comes out of the dash so to install  a new one. Then the last thing is to investigate why the belt wants to ride on the edge of the idler pulley. 

20200705_185829.jpg

• Like 1

pfrederi

Move the hydro pump drive pulley in or out a bit to align also check engine pulley had to move mine out a bit.

Oldskool

@pfrederi  I will try it again. By the looks of the belt it was an issue before I did the engine swap. I had to make a new bushing that went on the end of the bolt that holds the idler pulley on. Kinda thought that would have fixed it. Back to the drawing board

pfrederi

Get a long straight edge align engine pulley and pump pulley with your idler

• Like 2

19richie66
3 hours ago, Oldskool said:

@19richie66 nice looking engine bay. That year it that tractor? 

Thanks. :handgestures-thumbupright: 1972

• Excellent 1

Oldskool

Hope this hold up but made a new throttle cable old/new. I wanted to try and save the throttle lock.

Oldskool

The top tube is what is left of the old cable casing. The bottom is the new cable casing. It has been cut off and flared

20200706_120827.jpg

20200706_121606.jpg

Oldskool

Top pic is the cable reassembled. I had to drill out the back of it for the new casing to pass thru. Bottom pic is the old handle. The hole on the side is where the old cable was staked in place.

20200706_121718.jpg

20200706_122021.jpg

Oldskool

The new cable inserted and staked in place. Simply heated with a small torch then hit with a punch thru the little hole. Then the finished product. It locks in place very nicely. As long as it holds up I'm good to go.

20200706_122504.jpg

20200706_123012.jpg

• Excellent 1

Oldskool

I need fuel pump help. ( Kohler Magnum pump.) A brand new pump seems to have stopped working after 20min. Tank was flushed with new filter and fuel line.

Even when the bowl is full, engine not running, shouldn't you still be able to see the pump pulsing fuel in the filter?

pfrederi
6 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I need fuel pump help. ( Kohler Magnum pump.) A brand new pump seems to have stopped working after 20min. Tank was flushed with new filter and fuel line.

Even when the bowl is full, engine not running, shouldn't you still be able to see the pump pulsing fuel in the filter?

many of my horses run just fine with very little fuel in the filter.  Take the line to the carb off and crank it...should spurt gas.

• Like 2

Oldskool
2 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

many of my horses run just fine with very little fuel in the filter.  Take the line to the carb off and crank it...should spurt gas.

That is my next step after supper. I just figured I should see a pulse in the filter. Unfortunately everytime I started it, it got harder and harder to start. Now no start. Also going to check the plug too. I am so close to taking a ride on the ole workhorse

• Like 1

19richie66

Shut off valve full of crud?

• Like 1

Oldskool
1 minute ago, 19richie66 said:

Shut off valve full of crud?

That was cleaned too. Just took it apart again. There is gas going thru it. Just took the line off to the carb and turned the engine over. No fuel. Just my luck

19richie66

I have the same problem with fuel but I know my pump is weak and the fuel drains back I guess. I am going electric once I get moved and get her back out. 

• Like 1

Oldskool

@19richie66 I think I should have spent more money on my pump. I ended up taking 2 old ones to make 1. It pumps. Hope it keeps up.

• Like 1

Oldskool

If all goes well and the rain stops I think I'm finally ready for a ride. Somebody got a WD-40 bath and rubbed down with a scotch brite pad and so did the GT lol

20200302_185717.jpg

20200711_073403.jpg

20200711_075953.jpg

• Excellent 5

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Somebody got a WD-40 bath and rubbed down with a scotch brite pad and so did the GT lol

Hehehehehe....

You've put a lot of thought and time into this one with the help of others. That's gonna be a valuable tool in your garden/yard arsenal.

Worth every single minute.

I'll be looking forward to seeing video once you get a ride in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Hehehehehe....

You've put a lot of thought and time into this one with the help of others. That's gonna be a valuable tool in your garden/yard arsenal.

Worth every single minute.

I'll be looking forward to seeing video once you get a ride in.

Thanks. It will definitely be worth it. I will for sure post a video of the first ride. Anxious to get the FEL on as well

• Like 1