Sign in to follow this  
Coadster32

Is this a sign of the times??

Coadster32

In our neck of the CT woods, there is a master show list for the year. On it, there are a few "big" shows, not to miss. "Belltown" show was held in East Hampton, CT on Sunday. This is the first big show of the year. I bought a bunch of WH stuff to sell. I recently got running a 656 on Saturday, and drove it around the show on Sunday. I was asking $200 OBO for it. I also had a 800 for sale. Spark, compression, $200 OBO. I had some short frame plows, snow thrower, and a deck from a suburban. Everything all freed up, and ready to go. Everything also was OBO. I sold a hood from a 401, and a set of tires, that was it. Normally, people are walking around with stuff in their hands, and buying stuff. People were telling me that WH stuff usually draws $400+, and that my stuff won't last very long, as it should sell quick. Somebody said that another vendor will probably buy it, and resell it at the same show. I welcomed the oportunity. Everybody was checking out my display, but nobdy was buying anything from anybody. Alot of sellers packed up a 12noon. The weather was absolutely picuture perfect. I hope the rest of the year is not like this. I understand that hobbies are one of the first things people cut out when things get tough, but...

CasualObserver

Could be Chris. We had some of that same type issue over here in Minnesota over the weekend. The LeSueur County Pioneer Power Swap Meet was this weekend, and for the most part the weather was great. There were a lot of good deals to be had and I saw a lot of money change hands. Lots of people carrying smaller items, but the bigger stuff didn't seem to be moving as well. I saw lots of people on garden tractors pulling lawn carts that would haul stuff out to your truck or trailer for a couple bucks and usually they're pretty busy, but this year they were mostly running around empty looking for business. I know if I'd had the money there would have been a few more things that followed me home besides that tractor cab I posted about in the attachment section.