ebinmaine

Walk behind snowblower BOUGHT !!!

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Achto said:

Eric, I added one of these to my snow blower just to keep track of maintenance. Maybe not necessary but kinda nice to have

That right there is a good idea

I'm figuring on changing it two or three times per season and that would take the guesswork out of it.

• Like 1

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

You and me both Buddy!  The new Silverado has heated seats and steering wheel.  I might have the A/C cranked and the steering wheel on come summer time!  

That must be a thing of Age.. 😂😂😂

i can miss an A/C, i can miss a Windshield, but i never want miss my heated Seat, that was first thing i changed into the Silver.

• Haha 2

Pullstart
1 minute ago, Tractorhead said:

That must be a thing of Age.. 😂😂😂

i can miss an A/C, i can miss a Windshield, but i never want miss my heated Seat, that was first thing i changed into the Silver.

You callin’ me old?

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

You callin’ me old?

Homeslyce if you're old I must be powdered up dust by now

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Tractorhead

No, but you be over 30 i guess😎😂😂😂

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

No, but you be over 30 i guess😎😂😂😂

WELL over 30... 

:lol:

• Haha 1

classiccat
On 1/17/2020 at 9:53 AM, jabelman said:

I have toro 826, it's a great machine.  tons of power and throws the snow, starts on the first pull no mater how long it sits, I use it hard and takes the abuse.  I sent many newspapers, ice chunks and stones through it.  only major thing, I replaced the auger bearing.

sorry I missed this thread Eric!  I would’ve tried to persuade you towards some old iron like @jabelman  recommended!  But you did well with that beast Ariens!

I picked an ‘87 Toro 826 up a few weeks back (traded some chevy parts).  Pops off with a tug of the recoil and booms the snow with the rubber in the impeller fins.

01E9B6B2-69D8-4D42-8C0F-0F8ED0EE586B.jpeg.027c082f3c3fb9bf28d836688a1d8019.jpeg

It was a bucket list blower for me; classic Toro + Briggs snow engine + wheel clutches.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, classiccat said:

sorry I missed this thread Eric!  I would’ve tried to persuade you towards some old iron like @jabelman  recommended!  But you did well with that beast Ariens!

I picked an ‘87 Toro 826 up a few weeks back (traded some chevy parts).  Pops off with a tug of the recoil and booms the snow with the rubber in the impeller fins.

01E9B6B2-69D8-4D42-8C0F-0F8ED0EE586B.jpeg.027c082f3c3fb9bf28d836688a1d8019.jpeg

It was a bucket list blower for me; classic Toro + Briggs snow engine + wheel clutches.

We liked the idea of an older machine for sure but trying to find one in a super snowy state like Maine that isn't VERY worn out is a challenge.

Then there's the ethanol that nearly everyone uses.... Nasty stuff....

Nice find on that Toro!!!

• Thanks 1

classiccat
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

We liked the idea of an older machine for sure but trying to find one in a super snowy state like Maine that isn't VERY worn out is a challenge.

Then there's the ethanol that nearly everyone uses.... Nasty stuff....

Nice find on that Toro!!!

Good point on the survival rate of Maine old iron!  We'll put 10-20 hrs on a machine down here...you'll put 100-200 for the same driveway.

This one had its gremlins...busted & loose head bolts, fuel tank full of rust, mangled impeller shaft which resulted in all of the bushings being hosed in the auger gearbox...yada, yada, yada...  My thread over on SBF if you want a chuckle. :lol:

Edited by classiccat
  • Like 1