pfrederi

The right tool ...

pfrederi

I have struggled for years with a cheap crimper I bought years ago.  so many times the wire would pull out of the connector.  Got a Klein ratcheting crimper and a stripper for Christmas.  Just started using it on the GT-14.  Think these crimps will hold..

IMG_0208.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

Got the same pair and used them for many years in my trade. Nice thing about the crimpers is you can buy other dies for doing other types of connectors including 520 nine pins! Klein has always made a quality tool and their catalog is quite inclusive for the tradesman. 

https://www.kleintools.com/

• Like 1

dclarke

I think you’ll like those crimpers, Paul. I have a similar set that I use. 

84458D0F-A53E-461C-B7C0-53057E817381.jpeg

RJ Hamner

I guess it's been my luck that every tractor that I have rebuilt so far the wiring has been "toast":ranting:

Luckily I picked up several neat tools at "Boeing Surplus" when we were in Seattle.:P

Added a few new ones along the way.  As an added plus the wife is also a believer in the "Right Tool for the Job"

• Like 1

Tractorhead

@pfrederi Not a bad choice.

added:

i preferr this Kind of crimping Tools, because they non directional.

That means you can Crimp in both sides with same force and same quality.

but as i see, this pliers has the ability to adjust, a thing we found out, that the worn out very quick.

however for sometimes use a good choice

/added:

I purchsed for the Company new crimping Pliers at Würth,

it was a so called zero force crimper (for the hands) but brings a massive force on the crimping itself.

Doesn‘t matter how strong you pull on the connections, you wan‘t be able to pull the crimps off the wire,

before, the wire itself rips off, but the crimps still is on the wire.

we tried this also by clamping the connector in vice and rip brutforce to that crimping, to see how it lasts.

This pliers wasn‘t that cheap, but they are self adjusting and lasts a lifetime in hobby using.

Mine was now at least 9 years old on several daily use by few hundrets of crimpings of Fuse distribution Boards look like this.

181BA45B-21E1-4109-B726-EE5477620D13.jpeg.d23271e43ccd3ceb98fc6708038a21f7.jpeg

25608612-DF17-4497-B794-B6D3094F2315.jpeg.4ea89b97d8fbac6f36d31f0a7fd1619a.jpeg

the deisolation pliers you have now are pretty good, but that‘s a personal preferences.

Edited by Tractorhead