JCM

IH Farmall super A 1951

ebinmaine

:popcorn:

• Like 1

WHX??

If the attachment are not bad shape I'd venture to guess you are in the 2,5 - 3.5K range the way it sits Jim..... maybe even more to some collectors. Sounds like everything is their so wouldn't be a huge project to finnish it up.

Finished up and real nice running condition I would start at 5 and would be buried with it if I couldn't get 4.5.

That sucks about the mice BS  and you might take a beating if you don't address that. Rubber looks choice so that's a huge plus.

Dan @Achto might know more about the value.

• Thanks 1

MikMacMike

OMG I luv these tractors.......I bet one of these babies could get me a wife heheheheh She loves my Tractor. I know I know, I better crack another kool aid !!!

• Haha 3

Achto
27 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Finished up and real nice running condition I would start at 5 and would be buried with it if I couldn't get 4.5.

Here is the issue with that price Jim. The antique tractor market in our area has kinda gotten soft. Paint seems to have little no value. In my opinion to get more than $4500 you might have to sell the attachments separately.

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Right Dan... I'm thinking the the weights might up the ante. Plus things might be a little different in his area?

Bad news Jim is someone who might look at it from a "just for taking it to shows" perspective might not have a use for the attachments. We all know most guys don't want to haul those to shows.

Sure would be nice for a food plot tractor tho or for someone who wants to use it for a working tractor. Nothing wrong with that either.

If I was to market it, mouse crap aside, I would point out the fact you have strait sheet metal and decals...and the motor is fairly tight?

Agree with the value of the paint Dan. 

• Thanks 1

MikMacMike

I think the only reason Id let something go like that at less then I wanted for it is if whom evers heart was right into Farmall tractors, like a relative or something. I have a project I still havnt started ....1953 Studebaker Starliner hard top (lowboy for short) I have no children. It was my grandmothers 1st brand new car, passed to my paw and when he passed it went to me......3 Hendrick family members so far. So I have to look at my only brother who only had 3 boys the lucky bastard heheheh, mind my french. But nun of them are or have any interest like we do with tractors or cars. I did kind of like the Idea whom ever said.....I'll take it to the grave with me heheheheh. And dont laugh, they did unbury a grave site that an individual was in what ever date buried in there Studebaker.....Yup I know, I know now Ive had too many kool aids, ops too late just cracked another Bud......Sigh!

• Heart 1

WHX??

Alrighty then Mik...:scratchead:

MikMacMike

Well then the only real way to find out is just test the market id say. I notice some days up here a rare find will be disappointing on the price and the exact same item the next time went far and above what was wanted. Many factors can influence the outcome. Hmmm including the auctioneer !!!!

diesel cowboy

Just my :twocents-twocents: but at this point in time I think you'd be hard pressed to get $3000 for everything even if it was all together and working with the mouse nest gone.  I say that due to the fact that myself and another repair shop that I deal with have had a hard time selling any old tractor like that for what would have been reasonable money about 18 months ago.  

A couple examples are I tried for months to sell a Bolens tube frame that had the rear lift and factory wheel weights for what I considered a reasonable if a little high price so they could talk me down some of $350 and finally let it go for $200 4 months after I posted it, and had a Cub Cadet 1650 with snowplow which is comparable to a C-160 auto that took 2 years to sell.  I got stiffed on a repair bill so I was just trying to get my money back out of it.  Not counting my labor I had almost $1200 worth of parts and machine shop work into it.  I sold the deck that was on it seperate and when I finally sold the tractor I still took a loss just to get rid of it.  The other repair shop I deal with has had 4 Farmall Cubs sitting there for sale for $1500 each for over a year and there's been no interest in them and they're all running machines with attachments that the owners just have no more use for.

Sadly the market for the more common farm and garden tractors has taken a big hit lately and nobody seems to want to buy them unless it's for scrap price or double scrap price.  The flip side is if you wanted to part it out you could probably get $2k+ real easy and quick on like the tires, weights, hydraulics, and tin work.  If the grill is in perfect or near perfect shap and you put it on ebay I really wouldn't be surprised if you ended up having several people get into a bidding war over it cause there just isn't any good used grills left and nobody makes an aftermarket one anymore.

Sorry it's kind of a long post, just my experience and 2 cents worth from the perspective of a repair shop that prefers dealing with the Farmalls  

• Thanks 1

MikMacMike

Ahhhhh the market goes up the market comes down. If it doesn't cost in storage, seems like you have property enough!  Then take your time, split it, break every rats neck, do some last minuts on it and I bet the market is back in time for Farm all.....When the econimy is hurting they hit the fields, they forage the wild what ever. As long as your in no rush to sell it , be patient you'll get a good market value.....The next time I'm out the back 40 I'm going to stop by a local boys place and see what he paid for the 2 Farmalls he bought last spring. We've had 66 Malibu convertible, GTO convertable, GTO's with 321, and 3 duces and countless up the wazzooo, Big blocks with root pushers, Alkies, you name it, and just like gold or real estate, yes the market dictates, but it also fluctuates. Patients prevails always! Test the market, heck theres a hundreds of them and they..."the market" never lies. Yes there are Mr.'s that know there stuff, but even they make mistakes even when they cant admit it.......Smiles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

briankd

i would be interested in taking this  off your hands if you wasn't so far away my dad had one of these on the farm was bought new back in 1946 and was sold in the early 60's he regrets letting it go 

• Like 1

JCM

I have regretted almost everything that I have sold, hard to part with things that you try to maintain to the best of your ability and keep for many many years, but there comes a time when storage becomes an issue. On the other side of the coin when I do finally sell something a lot of times it is to  someone who I know because I try to extend the life of that particular item so that it may live on so that person will enjoy it and help them make their life easier around the home or farm as it did mine.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

JCM

Well  @ebinmaine    It seems like you and I have more in common than I original thought, we both bought Tractors with the left rear tire mounted backwards, oh well mine was like that for many years before I saved enough to replace all four.    Keep smiling.

A1.jpg

P1012462.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

AHS

Farmall A’s have a special place in my heart...until I was 5, I got to ride on my great grandfathers farmall A... I remember it!! The farmall got sold with the house twice.. I saw the farmall 5 years ago, it has been sitting inside the whole time... I would just like to tinker on it once to get it running and ride around on it.... that would bring a smile ear to ear for me!!😁😁

• Like 2

WHX??

Make the owner an offer he can't refuse AHS. :)

• Like 2

Darb1964

I had a cub and wish I still had it, cool tractors, strong, maneuverable, fuel economy is incredible. I think 2500-3000, for everything cleaned up and ready to work. Still a lot of them around and the people that love them and appreciate them are old and have no need for one. They were advertised as a seven year tractor, dog years?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lawnman_56

I just picked up this super a with ice loader for 1600.ride and drive , new hydraulic hoses and hard lines, big thing is gonna need some tires in a year or so

F3406416-EAC9-4C67-BD58-770546AA692B.jpeg

6A46BE8A-D8DF-4EB0-8E0A-83EE670CB2E2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1