BHunter

New project for my students

BHunter
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

Is the engine a class project too Bob?

6 hours ago, pullstart said:

Yes. We are replacing the head on it because a previous owner stripped out the spark plug hole. Doing a carb rebuild too. 

• Like 2

953 nut
22 minutes ago, BHunter said:

Hopefully we’ll smell some exhaust fumes Success soon. 

:text-coolphotos:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

:woohoo:

• Like 1

BHunter
31 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:

Thanks . I like the smell of success 😊

• Like 2

BHunter
On 4/9/2021 at 7:14 PM, 953 nut said:

The students found out what success smells like. It’s alive. 
Fired right up. No smoke ! We mounted a gravity fuel tank on top of the motor for now. The gas tank grommet was leaking. 
It also has the throttle cable rigged up on the wrong side of the motor because we don’t have the correct linkage parts that attach to the flywheel cover. 
I need to order a brake lining for it and paint the wheels , then 

we can take it for a test drive. 
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

if that linkage is like this Bob and you need I may have a parts motor and wouldn't be out of my way to look. 

20161009_120453.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

BHunter
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

if that linkage is like this Bob and you need I may have a parts motor and wouldn't be out of my way to look. 

20161009_120453.jpg

Hi Jim, 

I see the parts in your picture. The parts we need are the pivot piece on the flywheel cover that the cable attaches to, the center bolt , the rod at the top of that pivot bracket and the anchor for the throttle cable located in the center of the block breather vent. 

We also need the bracket that mounts to the block that holds the cable . It’s located near the starter.

Let me know if you have them and how much you want . I can send you the money or meet up with you at the Big Show if you are going this year. 

thanks, 

Bob

• Like 1

WheelhorseBob

You sir are what a teacher should be. Wish I had you in shop class along time ago, would have done wonders for my GPA!!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

BHunter
On 4/15/2021 at 9:23 PM, WheelhorseBob said:

You sir are what a teacher should be. Wish I had you in shop class along time ago, would have done wonders for my GPA!!!

Thank you. I try hard to make learning enjoyable for the kids. Some parents tell me that my class is what makes their kid get out of bed and go to school for. 
Im sure you would have got straight A’s in my class . 👍

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

BHunter

Today we installed the brake lining that I received in the mail yesterday from @rmaynard.  Our brake band has rivets and the lining has relief spots to

allow for a great fit. Nice product Bob! The eBay purchase was easy and had fast shipping. 

We are almost ready to take on a test drive. Just have to finish the rear fender and mount the seat. 

ED751FB8-C6F4-4EDB-9F78-D35A862D48E5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??
On 4/13/2021 at 3:52 PM, BHunter said:

Hi Jim, 

I see the parts in your picture. The parts we need are the pivot piece on the flywheel cover that the cable attaches to, the center bolt , the rod at the top of that pivot bracket and the anchor for the throttle cable located in the center of the block breather vent. 

We also need the bracket that mounts to the block that holds the cable . It’s located near the starter.

Let me know if you have them and how much you want . I can send you the money or meet up with you at the Big Show if you are going this year. 

thanks, 

Bob

Sorry for not getting back sooner Bob, have an elderly dad to deal with.. All is good now tho. I 'm sure I have those parts and will dig them out. 

Be warned tho I'll take no money for them as long as you keep doing what you are doing. Dan @Achto and I were both blessed to have teachers like you in HS shop classes and I would not be able to build motors to this day if it were not for that. 

Quick story here senior year I was in a trade math class. We called the teacher Mr. Cricket 'cause he looked like the cartoon character. Well if it weren't for him I wouldn't even know what a micrometer or vernier calipers was much less how to use one! Whats worse back then I was a stupid kid in why to I have to know this this is dumb.. Mr Cricket knew! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

rmaynard
1 hour ago, BHunter said:

Today we installed the brake lining that I received in the mail yesterday from @rmaynard.  Our brake band has rivets and the lining has relief spots to

allow for a great fit. Nice product Bob! The eBay purchase was easy and had fast shipping. 

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad USPS is finally getting deliveries out on a timely basis.

• Like 1

WHX??

Here's what I have Bob if you still need it. This came off a K241 that @pullstart was supposed to get but he'll get over it.  The anchor for the cable is just a nut to hold the breather cover on with a 1/4-20 threaded rod coupler and a p clamp. Should have that at a hardware store. 

20210421_151615[1].jpg

20210421_154054[1].jpg

Only thing i don't have is this little do dad... it's the throttle stop that sets the engine at 3600 max. Should be easy to make one.

20161009_120453.jpg.3925409d2fcdcb0950c4e168e984437e.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

BHunter
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Sorry for not getting back sooner Bob, have an elderly dad to deal with.. All is good now tho. I 'm sure I have those parts and will dig them out. 

Be warned tho I'll take no money for them as long as you keep doing what you are doing. Dan @Achto and I were both blessed to have teachers like you in HS shop classes and I would not be able to build motors to this day if it were not for that. 

Quick story here senior year I was in a trade math class. We called the teacher Mr. Cricket 'cause he looked like the cartoon character. Well if it weren't for him I wouldn't even know what a micrometer or vernier calipers was much less how to use one! Whats worse back then I was a stupid kid in why to I have to know this this is dumb.. Mr Cricket knew! 

Mr. Cricket did know. 
Im glad your dad is doing better. 

Those are the parts we need.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

WHX??

He is thank you .... PM me your addy I'll get them right out.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??

Better pic of the do dad and cable grabber setup if needed. 

20170315_175813.jpg

IMG952017031595195344631.jpg

• Like 1

BHunter
On 4/22/2021 at 9:09 AM, WHX24 said:

Better pic of the do dad and cable grabber setup if needed. 

20170315_175813.jpg

IMG952017031595195344631.jpg

That’s a great picture. Thanks 

• Excellent 1

Tractorhead

Whow - that looks great.

For my opinion a perfect finish 👍

• Heart 1

BHunter
1 hour ago, Tractorhead said:

Whow - that looks great.

For my opinion a perfect finish 👍

Thank you. The kids did a nice job on it. 

• Excellent 1

rjg854

The kids did a beautiful job. :text-bravo:

• Thanks 2

SylvanLakeWH

Wow!

:bow-blue:

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Definately! :bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:

kpinnc

I am blown away that kids in today's generation had a hand in this. WELL DONE SIR!!!

From my experience- the only "engine" they recognize is the one that finds stuff online for them, and "transmission" has something to do with COVID...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1