JCM

Stevasaurus Mom

dclarke

Very sorry to hear this Steve, My condolences to you and your family. 

• Heart 2

PeacemakerJack

What a lovely lady Steve.  Thank you for sharing a little about her.  She reminds me a bunch of my grandma (also born in 1928) who was such an amazing woman.  That generation was very tough certainly due in part to the difficult times in which they were raised.  We sure have a “cushy” existence compared to those from that time period.  My grandma went home to her reward about 16 years ago and she is still missed.  I know that the loss of you mom will leave a vacancy in your life but remembering those special things about her will keep her memory alive.  

God bless you friend, the Stertz family is praying for you to be comforted in your time of loss.🙏🏻

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

rmaynard

Sorry for your loss Steve. The thing I miss about my mom the most is that I can't ask her questions. Just the other day we found a poem written about her when she was about to be married. We wondered who wrote it. She would have know. She died at 78, way too young. You were lucky to get so many years with your mom.

• Heart 1

19richie66

Sorry Steve to hear this. May you find peace and comfort through this hard time.

• Heart 1

Racinbob

Steve, Nancy and I are so sorry to hear about your and your families loss. Just yesterday I noticed that you hadn't been on this site since Sunday and I expressed some concern to her about your well being since that was so unusual. I almost called but didn't and then decided that I was going to get Skype working again on my end thinking I would need to get a new camera that was compatible with Windows 10 to do so. Well, on a whim, I tried to find a driver to work the camera I had and sure enough, I got it going and with the new internet we now have it looks like it will be fine. I sent you a quick message there to let you know.

Well, about 3 hours ago I started typing when my phone rang. Steve, it was great talking and Skyping with you. You need some sleep my friend. We'll talk again soon. 

• Heart 1

peter lena

very sorry to hear of your mom,s passing, having done this a few times , a solo walk on a beach , hollering and yelling at the ocean  was a very thorough emptying of my anguish , i could literally feel the relief of letting it go ,into the wind. this is  how  i helped myself deal with my mothers loss, and it really helped , you have you have to at some point , scream out your frustration  to help your senses come back, hope you find your release , sincerely , pete

• Heart 1

stevasaurus

Bob, great talking with you......and with Norm & Chris Sutton.  Looks like I spent the whole night talking with you guys.....thanks  

What a support group we have here!!!

• Heart 2

Alex175

My condolences on your loss.  While it is never easy losing a loved one know that they are always with you, for they helped shape who you are as a person.  So in that way even though they are not physically with us anymore, they continue to live on through us.  

• Heart 1

Lane Ranger

Sorry for your loss Steve and Chris!    May the memories of the good times with your mother always stay with you!

• Heart 1

Stormin

It was good talking with you, Steve. Even if I did get my breakfast 3hrs late. I hope I brought some comfort. I lost both my parents about 17yrs back. Within 9mths of each other. Sadly I was not with them on their passing. Just to late getting there due to living 100 miles plus apart.

It's great to see how many people have sent condolences. Just goes to show how big a family you have on here and how well thought of you are.

• Heart 1

857 horse

Steve,,,,,thank you for posting her pic.....as much as we like having credit for all the good and not so good we do,,,,,,,she gets all the credit ,,,,we can all see,,,your smile is hers,,,,,and of course,,,,it lives on in you...,:)..

thank you for sharing her life with us..  

Howard........................pals,,,,,always !!!!!!

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

SPINJIM

Sorry to hear of your lose.   I can tell you from experience that our moms are with us all of our lives, even after they have gone to be with God.

Jim

• Heart 1

roadapples

Sorry for your loss Steve. Condolences to you and your family...

• Heart 2

prondzy

Sorry to hear the news Steve, :occasion-xmas:

• Heart 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Steve, I am so sorry to hear of your moms passing. I will keep her in my prayers. Condolensces to you and your family.

Glenn

• Heart 1

nylyon

Steve, so sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you. She sounded like a wonderful woman, and raised a fine man in yourself.  I imagine you both made each other proud, and you hold many happy memories of her.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

wallfish

So sorry for your loss Steve.

Although grief can be very difficult, you will find a way through it. You already appear to be on your way by remembering all of the good things about her and thanks for sharing a little bit of that with us.

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

Elliot Garfinkel

Hi Steve , Just wanted to send my condolences, It sounds like you were able to listen to family history and stories and  have lots of memories .I'm sure many of her qualities were passed on to you.May she rest in peace

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

briankd

my condolences to you Steve  again as my mom passed along with yours just buried my mom this past Saturday. got a call today Sunday afternoon and now my wife's mom in hospital and not looking good either . wife is hopeful but don't think her mom will make it to Christmas. will be a very hard holidays with both our mom's gone wife says she don't feel like Christmas this year at all.

to all here that lost a parent my condolence it is hard to loose a parent especially close to the holidays.

Brian 

• Sad 4
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

@briankd I wish you and your family some comfort in some way this Christmas season. 

• Heart 1

tunahead72

Yo Steve...  I've been away from the internet for a few days, just got back home and started checking my favorite forum, and found this thread.  I'm really sorry to hear about your mom, if I could give you a big hug right now I would.  Be strong mate, you have lots of great memories to keep with you for the rest of your life, I know you'll get through this. :(

• Heart 1

stevasaurus

@briankd  Thank you for your kind words and know that you and yours are in my prayers.  The Holidays can always be the hardest time of year.  God's will be done.

19richie66
On 12/8/2019 at 10:26 PM, briankd said:

my condolences to you Steve  again as my mom passed along with yours just buried my mom this past Saturday. got a call today Sunday afternoon and now my wife's mom in hospital and not looking good either . wife is hopeful but don't think her mom will make it to Christmas. will be a very hard holidays with both our mom's gone wife says she don't feel like Christmas this year at all.

to all here that lost a parent my condolence it is hard to loose a parent especially close to the holidays.

Brian 

I know the feeling Brian. My father passed away a week before Christmas. It will be seven years next week. It gets a little easier as time passes but never totally goes away. Like a gut punch sometimes. I wish you and your family the best my friend. 

• Sad 1
  • Heart 1

Super-C 4 me

Sorry for your loss Steve

• Heart 1

ACman

Steve just seeing this post and so sorry for your loss . Didn’t know if you seen my post in the basement. Just from talking to you on Skype and in the basement I know how much she meant to you. Love and prayers for you and your family . You’re right about that generation as being the greatest. My grandma is 100yrs old and the stories she’s shared are amazing with the things they had to endure with this ever changing world. A shot of rock n rye in her honor :occasion-xmas: just wish I could be there in person to share it with you.

• Heart 1