sparkys toy

Bad luck with 8 speeds

sparkys toy

recently picked up a c-175 8 to mount a johnson loader i found on a charger with a broken frame and an auto transmission .only to discover the drive pulley was loose long enough to wear the case through the oil sealant to the bearing,rats what luck. later i found an raider 8 upon teardown found axle on drive side had two keyways,one halfround and the other straight both compleatly trashed,so my question is are the internal parts the same in both of these trannys ? the axle diameters are the same hopping to make one out of two,thanks for any help .

Darb1964

Not sure, but to do that damage someone must have abused the hell out of them tractors.

gwest_ca

This should be the C-175 transmission. Click on the fuzzy pictures for more

The Raider 8 model 1-0330 originally had a 5086 transmission which uses 1" diameter axles so must not be original

A Raider 9 model 1-6931 used a 5060 transmission with 1-1/8" axles

Garry

• Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib

@stevasaurus is our trans guru 

here . He has several videos in 

the trans section snd makes it look easy.

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

:wwp:

Edited by The Tool Crib

953 nut

If you have 1 1/8" axles on both transaxles you should be able to swap the entire differential and axles as a unit. The bonus would be that the Raider (5060) has a limited slip differential.            :twocents-02cents:       Take a look at the Charger transaxle too, it has 1 1/8" axles and a limited slip rear.

The Tuul Crib

There are a lot of internal parts that did inner change, one I know that they put in every transmission was the cluster gear. They used the same gear on all of them.

sparkys toy
17 hours ago, Darb1964 said:

Not sure, but to do that damage someone must have abused the hell out of them tractors.

I was told it had a loader on it and I found the hub skrew loose and one of the two keys was gone and the half key almost sheared off

7 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

There are a lot of internal parts that did inner change, one I know that they put in every transmission was the cluster gear. They used the same gear on all of them.

That's good I'm going to pull the 175 trans apart tonight and see what I can learn the first and reverse gear on the raider trans is worn almost to a point so I will need to replace it also

sparkys toy
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

If you have 1 1/8" axles on both transaxles you should be able to swap the entire differential and axles as a unit. The bonus would be that the Raider (5060) has a limited slip differential.            :twocents-02cents:       Take a look at the Charger transaxle too, it has 1 1/8" axles and a limited slip rear.

Sounds great I'm splitting the case on the 175 tonight and hopefully I can make a good one out of the two thanks guys,this Horse thing is getting to be an addiction

• Like 1

953 nut
12 minutes ago, sparkys toy said:

Horse thing is getting to be an addiction

982823408_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.8f4932ad883d21c459a1bed92a7ac59b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
22 minutes ago, sparkys toy said:

Sounds great I'm splitting the case on the 175 tonight and hopefully I can make a good one out of the two thanks guys,this Horse thing is getting to be an addiction

Take lots of pictures as you're going that is very helpful .

sparkys toy
3 hours ago, sparkys toy said:

The one I have is a hydro

sparkys toy
3 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Take lots of pictures as you're going that is very helpful .

I always do ,my photograffic memory ran out of film years ago

• Haha 1

sparkys toy
17 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

thanks for the warm welcome cant wait to check out the vids

Edited by sparkys toy

sparkys toy
13 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

14 minutes ago, sparkys toy said:

You asked for it can't get pix to up load

The Tuul Crib

When you click on reply to topic at the bottom it will say  click to choose files. Click on that and ad photos there.  One word of advice if you become a member you have a unlimited photo up loads.

953 nut

To load a photo you need to download it to your computer, open a reply or edit, click on the choose files and your computer will go to your photo file, select the photo and it will be added to your post.

stevasaurus

I've been gone all week, but maybe I can help if you can post pics.  I do have some questions to ask...wait to see the pics.

• Like 1

sparkys toy
12 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

When you click on reply to topic at the bottom it will say  click to choose files. Click on that and ad photos there.  One word of advice if you become a member you have a unlimited photo up loads.

I thought I was a member

sparkys toy

Am I missing something?

stevasaurus

I think Randy is talking about the difference between being a member and a supporter.  Being a supporter gives you more advantages like unlimited storage space for pictures.  Check out being a supporter in the "General Talk" section. on the main page.  There should be no pressure, and it is your choice.  You are Welcome here either way.  Take a look.  :occasion-xmas:

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

sparkys toy
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

To load a photo you need to download it to your computer, open a reply or edit, click on the choose files and your computer will go to your photo file, select the photo and it will be added to your post.

thanks now trying to get pix from phone to computer

• Excellent 1

sparkys toy
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

I've been gone all week, but maybe I can help if you can post pics.  I do have some questions to ask...wait to see the pics.

thanks stevasaurus once i split the second tranny every thing went well ,all gears that were damaged and both axles were interchangeable what a relief ,a bit confused by the gears on the 175 axles were less beefier than the 5060 transmission,and one side of the case had one axle bearing and the other had two and one axle had one half moon key and the other had a half moon key and a slot key .i think i bought a basket case but things are looking up.need to get needle bearings and seals and gaskets and i should be good to go.any tips on remove and installation of the axle needle bearings?.        Thanks in advance for any help             great bunch on this site hope to figure out how to get pix up soon

• Excellent 1

cafoose
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

I think Randy is talking about the difference between being a member and a supporter.  Being a supporter gives you more advantages like unlimited storage space for pictures.  Check out being a supporter in the "General Talk" section. on the main page.  There should be no pressure, and it is your choice.  You are Welcome here either way.  Take a look.  :occasion-xmas:

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/store/

sparkys toy

I definitely will do that Thanks fo the info

19 hours ago, sparkys toy said:

You asked for it

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Great talking with you today Sparky.    :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1