tajee

Need help finding engine manual for 1054a

tajee

I have a 1054a. It does not have a plate on the engine for identification. I know it's a Kohler 10 horsepower, think it's a K241S-47176 made in 1965 or a K241S-46215A made in 1964. I really need an engine manual. I can tell you the Wheel Horse serial number below the steering wheel is 49183. If anybody could help me out I'd really appreciate it. I plow with this tractor and winter is coming. Thanks.

• Like 1

wh315-8

Top left go to Browse-Manuals-engines-Kohler--Engine Kohler K241 K301 Service engines, Also this one right below it Engine Kohler K 91 K141 K161 K181 K241 K301 K321 SM 1972.pdf and toward bottom of tab 3 is the more up to date manual. Pretty much all K model manuals about the same. Also can go to Kohler Engine website and get manuals. If you don't have your tractor manual it is also available here on this site. Send your serial number to gwest_ca-(File Mod)  on this site and he will record it. Your number does fit under the 1054A list with numbers that are known.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

@tajee check in the Manual section you should find what you need there. And as always :wwp: and 

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

If you have any specific questions about your engine or the 1054-A  please feel free to ask us, glad to help.

Here is the Kohler Service manual.

• Like 2

peter lena

found mine in albany 12 hp magnum , met the seller at the half way point , made the swap , only issue i had was the engine oil safety switch , with help and direction on this site, let me make a worthwhile swap. did a number of test miles , and hot oil changes , as i improved issues. that swap gave new life to my original  1982  , C85  well worth the swap and detail work , pete

gwest_ca

Sometimes the Owner's Manuals contain info not in the service manuals.

Oil capacities may not be correct depending on the application.

Garry

• Like 1

tajee

Thanks for the help. Here's some pics!

20191117_154453.jpg

20191117_154608.jpg

20191117_154503.jpg

• Like 1

tajee

20191117_154556.jpg

tajee

Thanks for your help. I've downloaded the manuals. I've been running this tractor for three years now. When I bought it, the guy said he had the engine re-done professionally. I did paint, tires, tire chains (made myself), upholstery, new lights. I've been using the winch to plow with, but just put in hydraulics for the lift. It's leaking, so I have a re-build kit coming in the mail. Just having trouble getting it started now, which is why I need some of the specs from the manuals. I'll hopefully get a chance to refinish a 54-inch plow blade I just picked up on Craigslist before the snow flies. But first I got to get it running again!

wh315-8

Looks sharp in Black, like the winch setup and cool headlights. This is my 1964 1054 with 42in blade. If it's your timing that is off you can go to you tube and find I save tractors and he has a great video on static timing the K engines. He also has his own website same name. 

20191029_190501.jpg

• Like 1

tajee

Yours look good to! Duse yours have the slot hitch on back for implements?

wh315-8

Yes, I have slot hitch. Make sure yours has this part on the cable to hold it in place. Otherwise cable will slap into shifter when lifting. 

20190619_220159.jpg

• Like 1

tajee

Nice! That was going to be my next question, what side of the shifter the cable goes on. You beat me to it with a picture. Thanks ! With the help of the manuals, I got mine running strong . Thanks to everyone that posted , I should have joined this forum a long time ago.

• Excellent 1

wh315-8

Glad to be of help. Lot of Great people here. Anything else you come up with, will be happy to assist.