953 nut

Happy 13th Anniversary Red Square

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I’m considering selling my autograph’s at next years WH Show.
  Maybe make enough cash for a small coffee :wacko:

They have free coffee there???

:hide:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Sparky
25 minutes ago, nylyon said:

No one else has even tried, and I know Jason has the answer :)

Oh I know the answer....but Ill let someone else take a crack at it B)

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

CasualObserver

This year is also 10 years since we got to know Max Nunn.  A little trip down memory lane for some, and some insight to newbies about how amazing this forum is.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Sad 3

stevasaurus

Is 2011 the year that JimD and I got banned for a week??.  I don't remember Red Square being down.  I was going to say we met in the chat room...not to be confused with the basement.  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

nylyon
10 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

This year is also 10 years since we got to know Max Nunn.  A little trip down memory lane for some, and some insight to newbies about how amazing this forum is.

And this is the reason for the Gold ribbon on our logo.

• Like 1
  • Heart 4

nylyon

Wow, 50 users at the end of year one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 2

nylyon
42 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Is 2011 the year that JimD and I got banned for a week??.  I don't remember Red Square being down.  I was going to say we met in the chat room...not to be confused with the basement.  :orcs-cheers:

During the month of October 2011, the site was probably unavailable more than available.  Between database corruption and just not available we knew we needed to make a change.  When the forum was down, so was chat.  I think I banned you all the next year :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ZXT
7 hours ago, nylyon said:

this is your 3rd post and you're a supporter, you're not a lurker you're awesome!

:text-yeahthat:

I see people who have been registered for years and are active but aren't supporters. Of course it's their choice, but come on! It's cheap! You certainly won't find a better forum on the internet.

Happy Anniversary, RedSquare! I want to thank every person who was responsible for the creation of this forum and for making it the place it is! This is by far my favorite forum on the internet. The amount of information here is staggering... and the people are excellent!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

tunahead72
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

Hmmm...  I'm not sure I heard this story.  I'm not surprised, just uninformed.  Looking forward to hearing about it sometime. :popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

stevasaurus

OMG...you want some laughs and shin-ad-a-gans.  Karl would go camping with the family for the weekend, and all hell would break loose on the site.  All in fun of course...but Karl would get an E-Mail, or what ever Karl gets, and he would be VERY UPSET that his weekend got interrupted.  Well, one weekend, he had had enough and banned a bunch of us for a week.  It was all JimD's fault, and I just got caught up in the cleansing.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

stevasaurus

BTW...how many of these guys look like they just got banned from Red Square????

2013_06242014WHCC0083_zps45d418ad.jpg.d5a1962a8005aec711479c38d1c640a6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

AHS

Happy anniversary Red Square!! I have been on this site for about 1 year.. And I feel that this I just 1 big ol family!! I have been one lucky duck... getting to wire up key switches and getting to set points!😁 I’ve leaned so much about Wheel Horses... and so many that I haven’t touched!! 👍😁

• Like 3

953 nut
21 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Karl would go camping with the family for the weekend, and all hell would break loose on the site.  All in fun of course...but Karl would get an E-Mail, or what ever Karl gets, and he would be VERY UPSET that his weekend got interrupted.  Well, one weekend, he had had enough and banned a bunch of us for a week.

And now Karl trusts you to be a Moderator,       :confusion-confused:       come to think of it JimD was a Moderator before he passed away. Guess Karl was able to straighten you two out.       :text-lol:

I miss JimD, he was one of the truly great members, lots of fun and good input.

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

This site is way too much fun.  If I am feeling down, I can come in here and end up feeling really good about things.  Hard to go somewhere and have that happen except for the BS and WHX24 plow day. :occasion-xmas:

Seriously I had a horse bound for the scrapper in '15 then by some act of God I found this place.... well :text-google: may have helped a bit. 

Since then I have bought and sold over 40 :wh: tractors,  a 6.5k enclosed trailer to move them, a 22k camper toy hauler, a 65K truck to pull the hauler, started the tractor show circuit and met dozens of great people and made many friends even tho I have to continue to pay them to be my friends. Then ther is the plow day that cost over 500 to put on .... :lol:Would I do it again? ...You bet! 'Sides keeps me out of the tavern! 

Special thanks to 953nut for putting together that really cool collage. Might have to talk with @Vinylguy about a banner? 

Only being here for a few years I can say I know most of the faces in that collage. Sure are some good memories ther Richard :bow-blue:!

More special thanks to Karl for having us and his henchmen for keeping us in line. Only thing that saddens me is, and in reading older threads, is the talent (members) that has come and gone and our RIP brothers.

This tread is lacking in :text-coolphotos:ther than Jack's so here's the one that was once loaded for scrap...  :bow-blue: to Dan @Achto for snapping that one!

Happy anniversary Red Square! 

IMG952019100695100755611.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 4

953 nut
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

will Terry be collaborating with you to make the banners again this year?

:hide:    I didn't send @Vinylguy and advance copy this year, truth be told I just finished it up Tuesday night. PM him and he will probably be willing to print you one. He is so good to us.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

With tears in my eyes, I just read the three page thread on the donations for Max.  If someone were to find the rest of the story, it would be much appreciated.  What a story.

• Heart 3

nylyon
13 minutes ago, pullstart said:

With tears in my eyes, I just read the three page thread on the donations for Max.  If someone were to find the rest of the story, it would be much appreciated.  What a story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 5

wallfish
13 hours ago, nylyon said:

the oldest (in tenure) continuous member being @Sparky so happy anniversary Mike as well, and hope you have some lace to show us... err, nevermind make that steel.

:D

Wish I could find that old thread and pic from years ago of Mike with his strap on and outta gas. Think it was lost in the forum move, (on purpose)

@squonk keeps posting those pics just beg'n for some "Caption This" comments

The Max Nunn story really tugs at the heart. Anyone who hasn't clicked on Jason's link above please do so and read each each post, you will see exactly what kind of forum this is.

RIP Max and Tom

Although the number of members has grown and many may have come and gone, the camaraderie here still remains the same. I'm glad to be part of it.

• Excellent 3
  • Heart 4

ClassicTractorProfessor

Happy 13th anniversary to RedSquare. It's hard to believe that I've been here a little over 3.5 years now. When I first found the site I had just been given my 1277, and stumbled across this place while Google searching for info on the tractor I had just acquired. Wheel Horse tractors are fairly hard to come by here in Oklahoma, and I didn't realize the following they had until I joined the ranks here. Didn't take long for the bug to bite me. I belong to several online forums for different things, but RedSquare is the only one that I come to on a daily basis. The level of expertise that our member base shares is unlike any other. Looking forward to many many more years here, and hoping to one day meet many of you that make this place what it is.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

nylyon

Max was being taken care of by St. Baldricks, following Max’s struggle was horrific. Max passed away on Thanksgiving, his father Tom about a year or so later. RedSquare will always have a gold ribbon in support to those suffering with Childhood Cancer, it’s the most horrific thing a family can go through.

• Heart 9

ZXT
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

I never knew of Max until today. I read through all of the threads I could find on the subject as well. Extremely sad situation. The first thread on him didn't give any conclusion to what the ultimate outcome was. As I was searching, I was obviously hoping that he made it and became a member here. My heart sank when I read that he had passed. Extremely sad that his father also died a few years after.  

2 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

I belong to several online forums for different things, but RedSquare is the only one that I come to on a daily basis. 

:text-yeahthat: Multiple times a day.

Edited by ZXT
  • Heart 4

troutbum70

Well done

• Thanks 1