ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, MikMacMike said:

welded brace

Absolutely would help, yes.

• Like 1

ZXT
On 12/28/2019 at 8:37 AM, pullstart said:

Jonah.... testing testing!

@Mr Magoo congrats on your success!  That’s what a feels good donut tastes like right there!

Got an email but no notification on here. :angry-fire:

Edit: I changed my settings but didn't hit save when I changed it. Silly me. Should be good now.

1 hour ago, Mr Magoo said:

What are you using to mount them? I looked at the HF model, but a kid I know at the store showed me 5 of them that had been returned all bent up from folks trying to get them to work. 

I would go for their full size tool if it will fit an 8" rim. If nothing else, if you have a high-lift jack and a truck with a heavy bumper, you can use that to break the beads as well. 

Edited by ZXT

tom2p
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

Cargo straps work to help seat tubeless tires

I use a cargo strap or tie down 

the cargo strap (or tie down etc) will perform similar to the the 'item' a tire store or service station will use when mounting a tire on a wide wheel 

( especially for relatively narrow tires on very wide wheels )

the 'item' - for lack of better term - is inflatable ... similar to a heavy duty inner tube 

mount the item around the tire (outside ; middle of tread) and then inflate to the item to move/press the tire bead toward the wheel 

we used these back in the day when I worked at a service station 

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 3

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, ZXT said:

go for their full size tool if it will fit an 8" rim.

Small rims don't fit on the full size changer. 

What I do is break the bead with the full size changer then use the spoons to change the tire on/off the rim.

I have a 3/4" x (10"?) bolt that can be mounted in my big vise to use for stability holding small rims but I've never used it. 

• Like 1

ZXT
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Small rims don't fit on the full size changer. 

What I do is break the bead with the full size changer then use the spoons to change the tire on/off the rim.

I have a 3/4" x (10"?) bolt that can be mounted in my big vise to use for stability holding small rims but I've never used it. 

Gotcha. I didn't know that the HF tool did anything more than break the bead. I always just use tire spoons.

Off topic, but I plan on shipping the coil tomorrow if you still need it. Sorry about the wait.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Gotcha. I didn't know that the HF tool did anything more than break the bead. I always just use tire spoons.

Off topic, but I plan on shipping the coil tomorrow if you still need it. Sorry about the wait.

Excellent.

Definitely still needed...

THANKS!!!!

• Like 2

Mr Magoo

I have new front wheel bearings coming in today for the C-120. After those are in I believe all I will need are a couple of front tires and it will be ready for service. I have a few odds and ends that I would like to get, but nothing that prevents it from running. I did pick up a no contact handheld digital laser photo tachometer to check the RPM's with. Eager to try that out. 

I am working on a low budget at the moment and found these Deestone D265 16/6.50-8 64A3 tires for only $15.88 a piece at Wally World. That is almost too good to pass up unless they are complete garbage. They seem to get good reviews all around. I actually found nothing negative about them. Anyone have any experience with the Deestone tires? 

• Like 1

Mr Magoo

Heck, they even have the rear 23X8.5-12's for $32.63. 

The Tuul Crib

Deestones tend to run just a tad bit 

smaller. I put 10.50 s on my 71/2 rims 

with no problem

• Like 1

Mr Magoo
5 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Deestones tend to run just a tad bit 

smaller. I put 10.50 s on my 71/2 rims 

with no problem

So I'm assuming you mean smaller the width way or all around? I have 8.5" on it now, but do have 10.5" on my other C-120.

ebinmaine
49 minutes ago, Mr Magoo said:

So I'm assuming you mean smaller the width way or all around? I have 8.5" on it now, but do have 10.5" on my other C-120.

I don't have any deestone tires in my collection but they tend to run an inch or so smaller in diameter and at least an inch narrower then what they are advertised at.

As to quality I obviously can't speak from experience but I haven't seen any complaints about them that I can remember.

• Like 1

Mr Magoo
10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't have any deestone tires in my collection but they tend to run an inch or so smaller in diameter and at least an inch narrower then what they are advertised at.

As to quality I obviously can't speak from experience but I haven't seen any complaints about them that I can remember.

Thanks @ebinmaine. They also have Deestone D265 23/9.50-12 88A3 for $34.50. I could go with those to make up a bit for the narrower width. I may take a chance and pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Width wise . The Height would be the same.

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Here's a pic of my 414 with the stones on it. These are 1050s

E3A89A6B-D6A5-4955-BC4F-D49244224A08.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ZXT
11 hours ago, Mr Magoo said:

I have new front wheel bearings coming in today for the C-120. After those are in I believe all I will need are a couple of front tires and it will be ready for service. I have a few odds and ends that I would like to get, but nothing that prevents it from running. I did pick up a no contact handheld digital laser photo tachometer to check the RPM's with. Eager to try that out. 

I am working on a low budget at the moment and found these Deestone D265 16/6.50-8 64A3 tires for only $15.88 a piece at Wally World. That is almost too good to pass up unless they are complete garbage. They seem to get good reviews all around. I actually found nothing negative about them. Anyone have any experience with the Deestone tires? 

10 hours ago, Mr Magoo said:

Heck, they even have the rear 23X8.5-12's for $32.63. 

That is CHEAP! You could have a complete set of tires for under $100 minus shipping. That's not bad at all. I know numerous people run Deestones. I have not once seen a complaint. 

Mr Magoo
39 minutes ago, ZXT said:

That is CHEAP! You could have a complete set of tires for under $100 minus shipping. 

Shipping is FREE on orders over $35.00!

Edited by Mr Magoo
  • Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Do you have a link for that tire. I looked 

and cant find it. Maybe a part number?

• Like 1

ZXT
1 hour ago, The Tool Crib said:

:text-yeahthat: I'd buy a set for that.

The Tuul Crib

I went to the Walmart site and typed in

deestone tractor tires . Had to scroll awhile

and found them . Not a bad price.They are 

the turf tires. I did see one ag tire for 

46 bucks. Free pickup at the store. Two 

day turn around is hard to beat!

tom2p

ordered front tires from Walmart this past summer 

Hi-Run 6 ply - $20 per tire ($19.89)

price significantly lower than just about anywhere else 

free shipping and arrived quickly 

and the tires were in good form / shape ; not overly compressed or smashed or twisted that would complicate mounting or inflating 

tires mounted on 312-8 shown in foreground 

( appearance / tread very similar to the Titan tires mounted on rear )

9B0C4D7B-9401-46AD-B61B-ABD3C8A10D33.jpeg

Edited by tom2p

Mr Magoo
4 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Not allowed to post a link on this forum right?

The Tuul Crib

Right. But part number is ok sorry. 
I did find tho. Thanx

• Like 1

Mr Magoo
3 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

Right. But part number is ok sorry. 
I did find tho. Thanx

Awesome. Hoping I can order some in the next few weeks when I get back to getting a regular pay check. Maybe some of you will have some before that with pictures to share. 

Pullstart

Magoo.  I’ve had a couple sets of Deestones as well.  I run the ag tires from them and front tri-ribs.  I tubed them and loaded them with used antifreeze (found a bunch for free on CL) and have zero regrets!  My first set of 23/8.5 were small, but the traction is great with a narrower contact patch.  The 10.5’s are most appealing to the eye and haven’t yet let us down.

FA3F0E81-4EE2-4997-96B2-EBD6A37D9681.jpeg

2AE052FD-D7F2-469B-B430-A2DB94181A83.jpeg

C9A41B7B-30C0-43C8-BD69-7A196CE9C7AF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Mr Magoo

So I piddled around on my “good” C-120 today. Took the front wheels off to put new bearings in and figured out that I only ordered half as many bearings as I need. One question I have concerning that is that my front wheels are held on to the spindle by a cotter pin. I thought that it would have a bolt threaded into the end of the spindle.

The other great thing I found today is that my mule drive may be trashed. The bearing in the flat pulley was destroyed and seriously messed up the shaft. I pulled the mule drive off of my other C-120 and it seems to be okay other than the fact that the belt has eaten into the cover pretty good for some reason. 

Unfortunately due to the issues that both of the drives have, neither one of the belts are as good as I had hoped and I will need to find a new one. I still need to figure out the correct length. I measured it kind of quickly and got around 103.75”. That was around the flat side of the belt. 

• Like 1