Pullstart

Horsey Hallway

WHX??
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:08 AM, WHX24 said:

Mine span 45 ft. 

My bad 30 ft... it's 45 ft deep.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Jim mine has a pretty stout header system.  Two 2x12’s on the outside of the building and one on the inside to support the trusses :handgestures-thumbupright:   I’m thinking for the added safety, I’ll anchor the top of the racking uprights to the barn as well.  I’d hate to see it all come crashing down... worse yet have someone find it on top of my body some day...

B0AA4CE2-AAB9-48C3-BDAE-94948EE262E9.jpeg

• Like 3

WHX??
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

on top of my body some day...

You we ain't worried about yer expendable ... it's them girls we care about!  :ychain:

Good idea tho.... make some brackets to tie them back to the posts or girts. That high they might be wobbly hogs. 

Looks pretty dim in there too ... I got some nice high bay fixtures I can set aside for ya. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

You we ain't worried about yer expendable ... it's them girls we care about!  :ychain:

Good idea tho.... make some brackets to tie them back to the posts or girts. That high they might be wobbly hogs. 

Looks pretty dim in there too ... I got some nice high bay fixtures I can set aside for ya. 

I feel that.  It feels like love.  Just mixed with sand paper.  I think.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I tried lifting the buggy onto it’s rack today but I didn’t have enough space by lifting the top of the cage.  I’ll get a pallet built to slide underneath and try lifting from the bottom before too long.  

I have a set of 4 more lights to pop in some day.  Once I get the racking situated, I’ll figure out where to move the lights for the best flood patterns.  Luckily being just storage, it doesn’t hurt to open the doors during daylight.  Who knows, maybe even some high windows in there?  Maybe an indoor / outdoor deer blind in the corner?

• Like 2

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, pullstart said:

feels like love.  Just mixed with sand paper.  I think

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Success!  I was able to build a skid to store the buggy up high.

F0A92385-10F7-4087-A9D2-AB14DAFE3959.jpeg

BCA24788-CE5E-48F9-BCEA-6A12834A6C3F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

The new skids are working great!  I’ll stick three more up in the next open gap, then figure where the next set of crossmembers will be placed.

6BE9028C-8CC6-4230-87FF-C9C9BC4E0A2C.jpeg.0d30b49a08a1384553f1c01b784b0219.jpeg3116A630-E1D6-4828-A3AB-40D35C33F75E.jpeg.e2aa167699e6795ae2b27cb5b7e79c8f.jpeg

With just a little more work, there will be all kinds of extra floor space!  I’d like to be able to fit Norman and my old C-10 inside for the winter.C7E2579B-25CE-42F4-BEC6-9317BC47A28F.jpeg.16ded49e729e210d53765b65d57e8bb8.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Buddy, please ain’t lift my Gearbox that far up.... 😂😎👍

• Haha 1

Pullstart

I found a problem.  What if I want to take Steve the C-81 for a ride?  :ROTF:

In all honesty, I couldn’t be happier with the way this is all working out!

B0238F1E-E466-4879-B48E-47D7FAB036A8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

like to be able to fit Norman and my old C-10 inside for the winter.

:confusion-confused:            You may need a bigger fork lift to get Norman up on the racks!                 :hide:

• Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

Kevin!!! I love the organization—I’m currently sitting in my favorite recliner but seeing this pic is motivation enough to head out to the shop and organize...:tools-hammerdrill::chores-mop:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

I did a bit of that organizing thing, myself.  Put the tractors I'm not going to use in a corner and the ones I  want front and center. 

20191031_163514.jpg.9374ee5c08c6d376a6b3c7dc00ffc780.jpg

20191031_163622.jpg.27b85226a68df7b8b0d662e9e296c31b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost:what a sharp looking lineup!!! 

Well done Sir!  Your winter work horses are ready for action:handgestures-salute:

I worked for about 2.5hours organizing my shop area and it only looks slightly better😡. I gotta keep at it in order to get it where it needs to be! I need to make an inventory book of all the specific parts and pieces that I have available.  Then I need to get some boxes in which to organize the smaller parts.  Eventually, I will make doors for my shelves that will bring a great level of visual organization...one of these days:whistle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

We’re really getting somewhere!  My father in-law suggested that I keep only enough WH stuff to fit in these racks.  Once it’s full, I have to sell to buy.

He’s an odd duck.

822B181D-1A96-4942-9051-F9C5CA1A609F.jpeg

4A84DCA3-2E20-4262-9F2B-272F953D6B04.jpeg

4B76DFF9-C58C-4BFF-B9C9-921BCE2B19EC.jpeg

• Haha 3

Pullstart

It is quite crazy how well the racking helps organize the place!  Most the empty floor space was last week covered in Horses.  

There’s also a plan to have extra space in the big racking system now that all the tractor stuff is congregating in the new racking.

68145631-274F-4255-BA8F-4C9AA1C7F825.jpeg

12622A90-3B94-4422-915B-CC9806801009.jpeg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

enough WH stuff to fit in these racks

You just need more racks

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Right!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Just a thought here Kev maybe put a tie down around the wheel and pallet to keep it from rolling off case it jumps out of gear or parking brake not working. Makes me nervous seeing them up there like that... just sayin...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Everything has a block or something in place on the pallets to keep them from rolling :handgestures-thumbupright:  

• Like 3

953 nut
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

My father in-law suggested that I keep only enough WH stuff to fit in these racks.  Once it’s full, I have to sell to buy.

Image result for that's just crazy talk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Pullstart

I was able to get Elvis Chompers tucked back behind the horses for the winter.  If all goes well, I hope to get Norman and Ole Smokey, the two rust free Chevys packed into this bay together before accumulating snow flies.  That might be tomorrow!  

5DC6D374-6577-46BC-A910-E9EB1AB7106A.jpeg

• Like 3

Shynon
On 11/4/2019 at 8:08 PM, 953 nut said:

Image result for that's just crazy talk

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

Pullstart

I actually parked two trucks inside the barn last night!  I am hoping that with some more organization I’ll actually be able to get a third inside.  

90A428C1-C312-416E-BBFB-B7EC9DBDBC5A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Three trucks fit!  I can’t believe what some organizing and a little bit of life sized Tetris can do for a barn!

C4E1EA6A-1596-427B-86A9-2C86C9092A39.jpeg

A36253F3-19CA-4D70-99F5-530661052D67.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

953 nut

Kevin, I see some open floor space left, time to go shopping for more :wh:.          :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2