Ed Kennell

PENNDOT in action

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Still no sidewalk for you to maintain.

squonk
15 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes:  Still no sidewalk for you to maintain.

Still have to plow a path on the side for the mailman so he doesn't get killed! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:clap: Plus the added minute of :wh: seat time can't be a bad thing.

ohiofarmer

They used to do cold mix on the rural roads, but they built it up and used a roller. On hot summer days, the tar would bleed through and make bubbles that you could pop with your bike tires. This was on a township road that might see ten cars a day. Now I live on a state route. They 'paved' a two mile section in one day and the gravel went flying for two months..   it finally firmed up some and then the farmers started hauling corn in earnest and the gravel got transferred from our soft road to a firm county road. It was like riding over ball bearings and I crashed a motorcycle on it and got pinned beneath. I can not find a worse condition road in my county than the state road that I live on...

Took two months to heal from that.  If you go to the big cities, they do million dollar landscaping jobs at city overpasses. Even the city parks get so much grant money which is just patronage from the state highway fund, that they can afford public art features on the bridges in the city parks.So the cities get STATE highway funds to put bridges in parks.  Makes sense because of a lot of voters in those districts.

At least all this kept my anger up and increased the blood flow to heal my wounds a little faster....

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell

We finally got a little rain which settled the dust.

Now the vehicles look like the were coated with cement.

No worry, the loose stones will eventually blast it off.

I questioned a township official about the tar and chipping of a road that was paved with four inches of blacktop the year before.

The T and C schedule is fixed and not altered by any paving that takes place.

It's the use it or lose it attitude of all our politicians …..no logic required.

tunahead72
37 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

… I questioned a township official about the tar and chipping of a road that was paved with four inches of blacktop the year before.

The T and C schedule is fixed and not altered by any paving that takes place.

It's the use it or lose it attitude of all our politicians …..no logic required.

Seriously?!?  They can't adjust their tar and chip schedule?  Sounds like it's time for new township supervisors.  I wonder if you'd get the same response from your township road crew.

It's no wonder Pennsylvania has such a horrible reputation for their roads.

• Sad 1

JoeM

In this corner of the state there is so much wrong with the roads........it is tough to pick out something right!

T and C, real hard to get 30K out of a set of tires on the truck, rubs off like sand paper.

Then, you throw in the water truck traffic hauling for the gas well drilling, oh my, wash boards everywhere. And in the beginning, they tracked so much mud on to the road, they had a truck running back and forth with a snow plow pushing if off. Not so bad now. they made them put down stone but that only took three years. I am happy for those farmers that struggled all those years and now have a few coins but man it sure makes it miserable to drive sometimes. I call them water turtles. Almost every direction you go, you run into a caravan.

I guess I could move into the city and become an internet re-saler, have everything delivered and not have to leave the apartment!

who needs roads.

• Sad 1

Darb1964

MA. Roads suck too, it's the weather. I try not to be too  ruff on the road super it's a hard job, pay sucks,half the people in town hate you know matter what you do. Everybody has a 4wd and wants the roads bear, then ***** about the salt rusting out their vehicle.

adsm08
6 hours ago, Darb1964 said:

MA. Roads suck too, it's the weather. I try not to be too  ruff on the road super it's a hard job, pay sucks,half the people in town hate you know matter what you do. Everybody has a 4wd and wants the roads bear, then ***** about the salt rusting out their vehicle.

I don't want the roads bare, I want a light coating with gravel and sand, hold the salt.

I have a 4x4 and I know how to use it.

squonk

Lived here 32 years now. The street my garage faces has been crap before I moved in! :rolleyes:

Finally! :banana-wrench::banana-dance::occasion-xmas:

IMG_2131.JPG.ef2ba9266f4ac62bb224733f5c7ed3ed.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG.c30e1ce7a9150e67fc47de046da8771e.JPG

Detroit diesel in this one!! :banana-wrench:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Image result for hallelujah images

• Haha 1

squonk

Look what got "dropped off" next door! :bow-blue: Playtime! :banana-wrench::banana-dance::helmet:

IMG_2142.JPG.428cd4969bcea9eaee9f7bfc67eb26c0.JPG

• Like 2

squonk

Digging time! 

IMG_2144.JPG.60bed06a3890543cef5d99e4e83af676.JPG

The operator has to swing low to miss the neighbors power line! 

IMG_2147.JPG.9a358dd486d90c099e6cfe9fccf95d8c.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG.a946eb7b0f25c59a6b5758609899f55d.JPG

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

What are they digging for Mike.

JoeM
28 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

What are they digging

Road Tek made it to smooth.....artificial pot holes!

Or in the case as in front of my place was to replace a perfectly good drain.

• Haha 1

squonk
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

What are they digging for Mike.

I was hoping they would bust the water line that was repaired there about 10 years ago. Could use some entertainment. They are digging 18” down to put in a base for the new street. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Yah right they are digging for that dead horse :deadhorse:you buried out there ..... or all those mason jars full of cash you got buried! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

squonk

Boys have to get the street drivable  by 4 PM. 

IMG_2153.JPG.0e3da993430b871d7710f839ab0971e8.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG.39a3941ad161ed601d887f42944617fe.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG.30fc685994acfe2d7492f9523bb52f55.JPG

• Like 1

squonk

First time I've ever seen a paving machine put down large stone!

IMG_2171.JPG.56be266221bcedf49e7b39f67e90a213.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG.06bb96e925fb04a4fc85a6a10f3844ea.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1