Clarence T. Nolley Jr

Wiring in safety switches

Clarence T. Nolley Jr

Hello fellows i am about to start wiring my restored WH C160, is anyone out there still use the safety switch on their unit ? please reply thanks.

ebinmaine

Hello Clarence.

We've had discussions back and forth about safety switches. We've come to the conclusion as a group that Wheel Horse forum CANNOT advise you to leave safety switches disconnected.

The one for the PTO in particular should always be in place and functioning.

• Excellent 2

953 nut
11 hours ago, Clarence T. Nolley Jr said:

safety switch

:WRS:

The safety switches on a :wh: are not difficult to include in your wiring system and will save you or a family member from injury. If you have some specific questions about them please feel free to ask.

Please take a couple of minutes and introduce your :wh: and yourself to the group,  :wwp: !  https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/47-introductions/

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

:wwp:!!!

Burnerman

Both of my main interlocks ( clutch and PTO) are bad on my 78 C101. I’ve been running bypassed but wanna get them back in line when I rewire. ( I’m getting older and forgetful and don’t wanna have it ghost mow the neighborhood!)

I’ve got a PM out to a member but are there better, easier, cheaper reliable switches that can be used besides OEM?

Or cheaper more readily available OEM ones that can be used? 

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Burnerman said:

Both of my main interlocks ( clutch and PTO) are bad on my 78 C101. I’ve been running bypassed but wanna get them back in line when I rewire. ( I’m getting older and forgetful and don’t wanna have it ghost mow the neighborhood!)

I’ve got a PM out to a member but are there better, easier, cheaper reliable switches that can be used besides OEM?

Or cheaper more readily available OEM ones that can be used? 

One of the other members might be able to give you a part number for something that you can get new.

If you contact Lincoln at A to Z tractor he may be able to sell you some that are used but in fantastic condition. He only sells top-shelf stuff.

• Like 1

Clarence T. Nolley Jr

Hello Clarence again, does anyone have a wiring diagram that they would be willing to share on wiring for the C160 series wheelhouse tractor. Thanks 

ebinmaine

@953 nut

Keeps a few diagrams

There may be a thread of wiring diagrams pinned near the top of the electrical section.

gwest_ca

Garry

• Thanks 1

953 nut

@BOB ELLISON did a great color coded diagram for your tractor.

457450394_BASICWIRINGB80-C160.jpg.a931f2a808b3d15933de35490df6d12b.jpg.5f4e66252b1071ba7cc5f795437f4eb1.jpg

• Excellent 1

Clarence T. Nolley Jr

Hello i am Clarence Nolley, US army and NC Army National Guard retired, love to take pictures as another hobby of mine and working on my wheelhouse C160 tractor which i acquired from a now deceased neighbor. i have

two and the other one is a parts tractor.

20190827_154350_Burst01.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Gonna be a nice looking ride when you're done.

953 nut

:WRS:

Welcome @Clarence T. Nolley Jr, glad you found us. Looks like you are well on your way to a great looking :wh:.  :text-bravo:

Any questions that might come will get a quick response here.