SylvanLakeWH 32,425 #551 Posted August 14 32 minutes ago, Pullstart said: some things are not worth putting pants on for! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pullstart 71,193 #552 Posted August 14 9 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said: gotcha! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pullstart 71,193 #554 Posted Tuesday at 06:23 PM Michigan whitetail archery begins in less than 2 days! I grabbed some new RED Carbon Express arrows today, and some Nocturnal lighted nocks. Unfortunately 2 of the 6 do not light up, but the shop I got them from said they would replace them. I’ll have to bring my string stick and some arrows and test them in the range before I head home next time. 1 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SylvanLakeWH 32,425 #555 Posted Tuesday at 07:23 PM Ya know, if ya just dropped em where they stand with a single shot ya don't need GPS trackers and lighted thingamabobs... 1 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ed Kennell 47,230 #556 Posted Tuesday at 08:17 PM 51 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said: Ya know, if ya just dropped em where they stand with a single shot ya don't need GPS trackers and lighted thingamabobs... And if you shoot em in the eye you don't waste any meat. 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pullstart 71,193 #557 Posted Tuesday at 08:19 PM 54 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said: Ya know, if ya just dropped em where they stand with a single shot ya don't need GPS trackers and lighted thingamabobs... But how will we get better film without a tracker? My arrows last year either passed through, or snapped off. But either way, I’m excited to see the red fly! 1 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pullstart 71,193 #558 Posted Tuesday at 11:58 PM Once again, I have so much to learn, Grasshopper. My new arrows are bullets. Until you add a broadhead. I still have 4 good arrows from last year. They are green, and fly great still, with my red lighted nocks. Today might have been a costly lesson to learn. I could have purchased a 6 pack of nocks on the jungle site and used my 4 remaining arrows. Instead, I spent $120 on a pack of arrows I don’t enjoy watching fly all wonky. But I’m ready to hunt on Thursday, weather permitting. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pullstart 71,193 #559 Posted 7 hours ago First light is less than 2 hours out. Rain continues. I think for the sake of it, I’ll stick it out and hope something cruises through! There is supposed to be a break about 7 am for an hour or so. Maybe things will be moving, but the wetness should help over my travels. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SylvanLakeWH 32,425 #560 Posted 6 hours ago @Pullstart Good luck!!! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 69,062 #561 Posted 3 hours ago Bambi, good luck 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites