ebinmaine

K582S. Will it run? YESSS!!!

AHS
27 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I ordered carburetor tune up parts and an air filter from Lincoln @A-Z Tractor this morning.

We'll get back to this thing in a few days and see if I can get it to run smooth.

I can’t wait to see what the carb looks like after you dunked it! That’s very tricky on a carb, when it’s crusty like that... you turn one screwdriver/ wrench to far and snap!! Followed by “oh sh*t!”

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, AHS said:

I can’t wait to see what the carb looks like after you dunked it! That’s very tricky on a carb, when it’s crusty like that... you turn one screwdriver/ wrench to far and snap!! Followed by “oh sh*t!”

I think most of it is going to come out perfectly fine. The only issue I could really find on disassembly was around the main jet.

I've had multiple people tell me on this site and in person not to bother to change that. Just clean it. So it should be okay.

if I get time I'm going to take it out of the drink tonight and clean it up a bit just to see where it stands. I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

It'll go back in for another two or three days after that though.

• Like 1

AHS

By the way, interesting exhaust😄

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, AHS said:

By the way, interesting exhaust😄

Here's one of the original posts when I was looking for information about it. It's a little tough to see but you can visualize the sheet metal that was wrapped all the way around this trailer. Also had a cover on top. That's why the exhaust is shaped like it is.

• Confused 1

Pullstart
13 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Here's one of the original posts when I was looking for information about it. It's a little tough to see but you can visualize the sheet metal that was wrapped all the way around this trailer. Also had a cover on top. That's why the exhaust is shaped like it is.

No link Eric?

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Eric, you’ve been mentioning the longing for building your version of a Super C.  Also, the need for a custom belt guard when that time comes.  Maybe Richard can help here, but I think the 953’s and maybe other large frame tractors used strategically placed angle iron to act as the “brake” for the belt when slack is introduced into the belt routing.  Maybe you could follow after that theory instead of all the trial and error of belt guard fab... then make a cover essentially that has no use but to keep your legs outta the loop?  @953 nut what say you?

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, pullstart said:

No link Eric?

Hahahahahahahah

Good job, me.

I'll try to find it again later and repost it.

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, pullstart said:

No link Eric?

The previous post should have the correct link in it.

ebinmaine
46 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Eric, you’ve been mentioning the longing for building your version of a Super C.  Also, the need for a custom belt guard when that time comes.  Maybe Richard can help here, but I think the 953’s and maybe other large frame tractors used strategically placed angle iron to act as the “brake” for the belt when slack is introduced into the belt routing.  Maybe you could follow after that theory instead of all the trial and error of belt guard fab... then make a cover essentially that has no use but to keep your legs outta the loop?  @953 nut what say you?

I like that idea. In fact, when I was working on getting that 1267 to move correctly last fall I basically did just that.

Somebody in the past had cobbed that tractor together from who knows what.

Whatever belt guard was on there had never been correct for a 1267 I think. I used a piece of angle aluminum riveted in place for the top side of the belt to ride on while the clutch pedal was down.

I'm not sure if I'm really aiming to build a super C of my own so to speak. I just wondered if I was going to end up doing that by accident anyway.

Whatever I'm doing here is probably going to end up no longer than a C series but definitely taller.

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

I'm pulling for ya on the project

Interesting when they run early on as it just motivates you to keep going

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

I'm pulling for ya on the project

Interesting when they run early on as it just motivates you to keep going

Thanks 'farmer. I appreciate that.

Needless to say I was pretty happy when that thing tried to fire over.

I did get the carb gaskets in the mail today from Lincoln @A-Z Tractor.

I probably won't have time to finish cleaning this out in the next day or two...

I'm really looking forward to seeing if I can get this carburetor to flow on its own.

• Like 2

AHS

Did you get the carb cleaned?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, AHS said:

Did you get the carb cleaned?

I put everything in the drink on Monday evening. On Wednesday evening I took out the float, bowl, and elbow.

I wire brushed them very very lightly by hand under lukewarm water and they all came out excellent including removing old blue paint.

I'll do the same thing with the rest of the carburetor later today or sometime tomorrow I hope.

It's cleaning up nicely and I'm hoping it will come out and run well.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I have a couple different threads going about how this carburetor was being cleaned up but I wanted to make sure I included a photo in this thread.

IMG_20190825_071658818.jpg.48ba9ce0b91970fe940699ca7d059433.jpg

IMG_20190825_072551782.jpg.ee4b7c33eba387d8903bd1c02fded221.jpg

• Like 5

bds1984

That cleaned up real nice, Eric.  What did you soak them in?  I look forward to seeing this engine running and under the hood of a Wheel Horse soon!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, bds1984 said:

That cleaned up real nice, Eric.  What did you soak them in?  I look forward to seeing this engine running and under the hood of a Wheel Horse soon!

Here's a couple pics of the can. Gallon-size with a basket in it. Used a little bit of patience. Total soaking time 6 days. Really would have been fine in three or four, maybe less.

IMG_20190822_203933904.jpg.328eb9e7587f21775da051105afdfac1.jpg

IMG_20190822_204006223.jpg.416b333754a76a261473c4486b2168ef.jpg

I've got the carb back in place now. Need to install the air cleaner and see what happens when I bump the start switch.....

15667440446174811864782185370267.jpg.05e9a1e590201567e2376d5d7fd8dda0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

IT'S UP AND RUNNING!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Burnerman

That’s awesome! 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Burnerman

Run a compression test after she cools off and see how imbalanced you are after the resurrection. It sounds pretty good. 

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

Sounds real strong!! 

• Like 1

AHS
3 hours ago, bds1984 said:

Yes!! ^^^^

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Burnerman said:

Run a compression test after she cools off and see how imbalanced you are after the resurrection. It sounds pretty good. 

That's exactly what I figured on doing.

Get a little time on the engine and get it to heat up and cool down a few times and see if it just had a stuck ring or some sssstuffff in a valve or something.

• Like 1

Stormin
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20190822_204006223.jpg.416b333754a76a261473c4486b2168ef.jpg

I'll have to see if I can get that over here. Should do, we have Gunk degreaser.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Sounds good, plus it runs on peanuts!  How much would you say you’ve got into this power plant... out of curiosity?